San Francisco Project Coordinator
Common Sense (www.commonsense.org) is the leading independent, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. For K-12 educators, through Common Sense Education (www.commonsense.org/educators), we provide comprehensive programs and professional development with the goal of helping students harness the power of digital media for learning and life.
We are currently seeking a part-time San Francisco Education Project Coordinator to manage our strategic partnership with the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD). The primary responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are to provide professional development to SFUSD educators on Common Sense Education tools, model parent resources, and evaluate the impact of programming.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with a leading national non-profit organization with more than 92,000 schools and organizations throughout the world using our education resources. Common Sense also reaches over 70 million homes through distribution partnerships with Google, Yahoo!, Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, Time Warner, and many others.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate and project manage Common Sense’s efforts with SFUSD, including planning for and implementing Digital Citizenship Week activities; developing a deep (and ongoing) understanding of the district’s needs related to technology integration; and determining how/if Common Sense can best address them
- Work with SFUSD stakeholders and school principals to develop customized implementation plans for Common Sense Education resources, with a focus on our Digital Citizenship Program
- Facilitate in-person professional development for SFUSD educators and administrators on best practices for the implementation of Common Sense Education resources
- Support educators and schools in becoming Common Sense Digital Citizenship Certified
- Facilitate parent engagement/education events
- Evaluate programming through both quantitative and qualitative assessments, including developing case studies of individual schools and educators
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelors degree required, graduate degree preferred, preferably in education or education-related field
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in delivering professional development and/or directly supporting educators
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborations
- First-hand experience with and knowledge about digital technology and learning
- Excellent project management, public speaking, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and well-organized
- Collaborative style, entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm
- A strong desire to bring creative, innovative ideas to the organization
- Classroom experience and fluent Spanish speaker a plus
THE X FACTOR
You are the kind of person who thrives interacting and communicating directly with all types of people. You find delight in finding the best new digital media for educators and kids. You know websites in and out, have used digital tools/services in your teaching, have a network of educators and organizations that you have worked with in the past, and have experience building collaborations and providing professional development to educators.
You can translate all that excitement into practical advice for educators and what's good for the classroom, as well as pointers for parents who want what's best for their kids. This is an amazing opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of educators and families as they search for great educational tools and age-appropriate entertainment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive salary
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please note “SF Project Coordinator” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.