Senior Manager, Education Product Marketing
The Senior Manager, Education Product Marketing combines a strong technical and analytical background with a deep interest in what drives educators, our primary audience. S/he will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, outreach, marketing, and design to secure user adoption, increase retention and lifetime value, analyze market opportunities and trends, communicate with customers, and, ultimately, drive a set of product marketing programs to increase overall customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, data-driven and creative. S/he will be part of the Education Marketing team, a collaborative and innovative group. We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and personable leader with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details, make proper trade-offs, and continue to evolve our marketing strategies to meet aggressive user-adoption goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Conduct detailed market analysis and capture both market and product requirements
- Conduct market research, surveys and customer/prospect visits to understand and specify business requirements for target market segments
- Analyze competitive offerings to identify differentiators and set pricing
- Document & report on product earned-income potential and operational product metrics
- Define user personas/use cases to gain and share understanding from each perspective
- Create Business Cases for new product developments and gain sponsorship
- Work integrally with engineering, product, outreach, and leading-edge customers to convert market requirements into wining products
- Analyze partnership opportunities for products and/or integrated solutions
- Represent the customers in senior level management meetings
- Work closely with product and marketing team members to craft product positioning and messaging and oversee delivery of marketing copy, emails, landing pages and videos
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in business intelligence, analytics, and/or data warehousing
- Solid experience in bringing new, innovative products to market
- Proven ability to work effectively with Sales and Engineering teams
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments, delivering exceptional quality of work
- Outstanding project management and coordination skills with ability to track multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables.
- “Data-driven” is a daily work discipline, not a buzzword
- Bachelor’s degree – and it would be good if you had an MBA
- It would be great if you also . . .
- Have been an end-user of BI and analytics tools, and/or
- Can write SQL
- Superior ability to build strong relationships of trust across the organization
- Confident decision maker
- Nimble; able to modify or change direction quickly when needed
THE "X" FACTOR
We are looking for someone whose passion for educational technology is augmented by a passion for analytics and creative forms of marketing. You're an ideas person. You are passionate, enthusiastic, and collaborative by nature. You are mature, organized, and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines. You are a skilled communicator with a great sense of humor, even when meeting tough deadlines. And you're inspired by Common Sense Media's mission.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- A competitive salary and a rich suite of health, welfare, and lifestyle benefits
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to make a difference in kids' lives!
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write "Senior Manager, Education Product Marketing" in the subject line.
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.