Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, DirecTV, Netflix, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 70,000 member schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a creative video editor with strong Premiere Pro and Photoshop skills and some After Effects experience to edit review, live-action, how-to, tip, and explainer videos for Common Sense Media's website, social media channels, and video-on-demand audiences. This person will report to the director of video product and motion design.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of editing experience and be looking to enhance their After Effects skill set in a fun and fast-paced environment.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Edit weekly movie reviews and other organization videos using Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Color-correct and sound-mix videos
- Compress and upload videos to multiple platforms
- Create video thumbnails and related visual assets using Photoshop
- Help manage metadata documents and archive videos
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- A minimum of three years' experience using Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Basic After Effects experience, with a willingness to learn
- Basic color-correction and sound-design experience
- Basic knowledge of HD formats and compressions
- Experience working in a collaborative, project-sharing environment
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR REEL:
- Two live-action work samples with explanations about your role on the projects
- Two motion-graphic work samples with explanations about your role on the projects
THE X FACTOR:
- You are able to weave easily among storytelling, informational, and message-driven content and are always willing to try or learn something new.
- You are an efficient, organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented multitasker with proven ability to meet deadlines and remain calm in fast-paced production environments.
- You are willing to pitch in as needed and have an upbeat "can do" attitude.
- You are comfortable taking direction and receiving feedback.
- You have a good sense of humor.
- You believe in the mission and goals of Common Sense!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.