All member reviews for Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies

Kid, 10 years old January 25, 2011

DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!!

Honestly, scary? This game is SUPER fun, I have had the game for 7 months on my Touch and i have heard 1 h word, but yes there is gore and blood you get rewarded for doing headshots and you can blow limbs off but most kids are exposed to worse stuff everyday!! GET IT!!
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2013

Good zombie game, but suggestive.

Lots of blood and gore, including heads, arms, legs, and torsos being blown to pieces. Mild language such as h*ll, and "I'm gonna pop some heads," and "Stay dead this time." Mild drinking. You can drink chemically engineered beverages to make you more powerful, such as quicker reloading. Very good game with suggestive themes.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2013

Good, but iffy with violence.

This game is a very good game. The violence is what makes it 17+. There is lots of blood and gore, with limbs coming off in every shot. Blood sprays when a limb comes off, and the bone and guts show before the fallen zombie disappears. Mild drinking, which is used when drinking power-up soda.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 October 31, 2012

Not bad at all

People might think, oh it's zombies it might be a little creepy but this game is not bad at all the zombies aren't gross looking and sure blood slashes when u shoot a zombie but the blood is so fake that its funny. The only language is that there is "hell" written in blood on the wall. So if ur thinking about buying this game and your on this stupid website then I want you to buy it the game is really fun. It's 4.99 app store
Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy July 28, 2012

Not for kids? Hardly....

I don't review apps because all apps are normally age appropriate for almost anyone, but seeing this review made me step in. Not for kids? CoD: WaW zombies is not for little kids, but young teens will have no problem with the minimal blood that this game has. There is almost no gore, headshots are not graphic. Swearing is also mild. This is a fun game, I love it due to its fluent controls, really good graphics, and recreates the maps nicely, as it has the easter eggs we know from the Xbox/Ps3/Pc versions of the game. Plus, it's not $10 anymore, it's $5. :)
Kid, 8 years old July 12, 2012

Violent

It is a good game but NOT made for like 5 year olds that play fruit ninja. It blows a gory hole through the zombie and when a bomb goes blood goes everywhere and zombies limbs are gone when you get a headshot it blows there head off when blood come out. This very violent not for kids under 7
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2012

Ok I guess

It could be a lot better. :[
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrayoc March 13, 2012

Probably to intense for your smaller kids.

the point of the game is to defend your position, and to stay alive for as long as possible. In order to do this, you will have to kill things with guns. They are not however, human's. They are already dead and are trying to drag you down with them. They may sneek up behine you which has sometime's made even me jump. (I don't get startled very easily). There is blood when you shoot the zombies, however, it does not stain the environment. Children also may have a hard time killing the undead dogs that attack you even though there trying to kill you. Bit of an overeaction on common sense's (not for kids), and itunes, (17+) but It's meant for teens, and may be to intense for younger kids. I guess the scariness also makes it pretty fun though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThelizard99 February 22, 2012

Why violence is an issue

The came is fun and easy to use. One problem though is the violence. Even though it is zombies blood spurts every were when you shoot them. And when the zombies attack you blood appears on your screen.
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2011

freaky but fun game

sometimes this can get scary only on the long levels
Teen, 16 years old Written byfreeze2270 November 23, 2011

Too much for very young kids.

The zombie mode for COD: WAW is a little too gory for younger audiences, and far too mature. This game should be off limits to kids under the age of 8-10 depending the level of maturity. The game was created me Treyarch, a game company who sometimes makes games for the Call of duty series. They use a more comical and lower resolution graphic engine than other games in the series. As long as your child can tell the difference between a video game and real life, i'm sure her or she will be just fine when playing this.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2011

Best app out there

Anyone who says its scary is an idiot. It is not scary me (12) my brothers (10, 8, and 6) all play it and laugh as we do.Its really fun and a great game
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxKy224xx October 10, 2011

COD:WAW Zombies Apple Software

Im am a 13 year old kid... the game shouldnt scare anyone! The xbox might scare your children, but with the apple software.. there is tons of bad graphics, fake noises.. Its pretty funny what the critics are rating this thing... it not scary.. trust me.. its really fun.. not scarry at all
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2011

great but scary

this game is great. my mom just finally gave in to it. it is a fun game. it does have some gore and whenever you shoot a zombie you see a splash of blood. there is no cursing. it is kinda scary. the zombies sneak up on you in the higher rounds like round 6 or higher. it gets scary on like round 13 because zombies are sneaking up on you and running. i think abou 12 13 and 14 year olds will be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyashchopra August 27, 2011

Good for Young People too

I've played it a lot and I love it. But the above review portrays it as a very clear and very gory game. But it's very blurry and the gore looks like a steak glued to the side of their hips. A little bit of blood whenever you're about to die or you kill an enemy. If you know how to, you can blow the bottom parts of their bodies off and they crawl on the floor after you. In a couple levels, flaming husky dogs will start running towards you and kill you. These can be quite annoying sometimes. Players get different WWII-era weapons, including a full-auto rifle, trench gun, sawed-off shotgun, and if you get lucky, a flamethrower or Ray Gun. In a nutshell, it's a great game for on-the-go. It's not as clear as Black Ops zombies (actually, it's not really clear at all), but it's still really fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysome_person July 23, 2011

Good game for kids who can handle it.

This is a pretty good game for kids 12+. I bought this game expecting it to be WAY more graphic then it is. The graphics are not great and there is a lot of blood but I really wouldn't rate it "no kids". It can be a little scary at times the zombies sneak up on you sometimes. As far as I know there is only a "h**l" in the whole game so language isn't a problem. The violence is intense sometimes with knifing and shooting up close having a big splash of blood. Grenades can dismember a zombie almost completely and players can shoot off arms and heads of zombies. In one level there is a human hand that looks like it was ripped of. Flamethrowers catch the zombies of fire but don't kill them right away so you can have a hoard of them on fire still chasing you. So think a minuet and decide whether or not you think your kid can handle the violence. (NOTE: the game is not $9.99 its $4.99)
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2011

ok

The game is okay, but it is great on the Xbox 360.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychriz123 May 1, 2011

for teens

EPICLY awesome and its now cheep ;) .. yes the blood and gore are bad the horror is pretty good and it can get intense but i love that you can play co-op with other people it makes the game by itself there THE ONE MISTAKE IN THE REVIEW IS THAT THEIR IS DRUG CONTENT!! ON MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS IT SAYS THINGS LIKE "IM RUNNING OUT OF VODCA...I MEAN AMMO! " AND " I LOVE THIS GUN ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LIKE VODCA! " ...but the game is awesome the controls are cool and the maps and graphics are awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkArcher April 25, 2011

Action Packed Fun is for teens and up

I didn't get scared at all by this game, but I can see how others can. The concept on being trapped in an area lurking with zombies, with no means of escape is kinda creepy. You'll be able to use a variety of different guns to survive your way through endless waves of zombies. When firing at a zombie, clouds of blood will spray out of the zombie and small chunks of flesh are sometime visible.In a certain map, after about every 4 to 6 rounds, blast of lightning will start showing up around the map. At that point zombie dogs will appear and start chasing you. When they do get to you they will jump on you, bite you and claw you. Some kids may fin it frightening or uncomfortable to kill dogs, even though they are dead. They're still the flesh and bones of the dogs, not to mention they're on fire. Overall, this is a fun app for mature teens that aren't scared easily. But you also have the options to fight along side a friend with 2 player Co-op, and you can fight with the world by playing 4 player online team battles. This may be less frightening to player with the fact that your not alone.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydellguy1996 April 23, 2011

Not that bad!

Great Game! Its not a graphic as the concle version but is still bloody. As long as you don't get scared your ok!