Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Calm

Appealing meditation and relaxation for all ages.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byMartyferry November 18, 2018

Overbilled. No effective way to contact them.

Calm goes out of its way to make it impossible to contact an actual human being when you have a problem or question. I’ve been going back and forth for weeks. I’ll never use the app again.
Adult Written byDTwigg October 22, 2018

Underhanded billing practices.

They lure you in by offering a "free" 7 day trial. If you don't cancel before the end of the trial they automatically bill you $59.99 for a years subscription. When you try to cancel the subscription you find out that it is billed as an iTunes purchase and they don't even need a credit card to scam you. If you have an iTunes account with a credit card registered to purchase music it is charged to that account.
Adult Written byafleice September 10, 2018

Bedtime stories

I generally sleep just fine but I’ve been putting the bedtime stories just for fun...and there’s this guy whispering on one, and I can’t seem to skip him and go on to another...but he’s downright creepy and I can barely hear him! But CREEPY is the word!
Adult Written byC P February 27, 2018

Extremely frustrating.

Zero user support, no way to search or return to previous activity. No help function. Great app for getting your blood pressure up! Absolutely ironic, given it’s mission. They have no business charging for subscriptions until they have their product in order.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byJames B. July 28, 2018

Copyright Infringement

They take written content and images from other people and present it as their own for profit. That is Copyright Infringement.

Adult Written byLesley R. March 27, 2018

Waste of money

I was charged $73 to use the App and it doesn’t work. I’ve uninstalled it numerous times and still it doesn’t work. No support and they just ignore my emails.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byLisa B. September 22, 2018

Caution: This is an auto opt-in app at an annual subscription rate of $59.99

I can't even tell you what the Calm App is about because as soon as I downloaded the "7 day free trial" to my iPhone, the app was set to auto-charge me $59.99 per year, their highest subscription rate, at the end of the 7 "free" days. That is not cool! Ok, the "legalese" is that in downloading the "free trial" I tacitly gave my consent "per the terms provided at sign up" to pay $59.99 and was auto-enrolled into their annual subscription, which conveniently auto-renews year after year. How thoughtful of Calm. You can cancel the subscription, which means it might not (no way to tell for sure) auto renew when the year is up BUT they will have your initial $59.99 until you contact Apple and take many steps to cancel this transaction. They make is so hard and confusing to get that refund and so hard and confusing to remove the subscription, that I have a hunch that many of us stay there, completely unaware that we've bought an app subscription for $59.99 per year. This is NOT A FREE APP. Read the very fine print, don't download the app in haste. You will be charged. I see articles online saying Calm is becoming profitable, but I think that may be because of their unscrupulous business practices. I can't believe Apple allowed the Calm app into the iTunes store. An app should never opt us in automatically. Legally, I think they covered themselves, but ethically, it's very shady. There needs to be simple and clear instructions delivered to us before we agree to the $59.99 annual charge and that charge needs to be a big button with a "do you agree?" clause, that doesn't rely on us being hasty with the download and inadvertently opting in. There needs to be a simple and clear way to opt-out and to get that refund. There needs to be a simple and clear way to see what we've subscribed to. The language needs to be clear! Calm continues to use language that this is a free app. It's 7 days free, then you're auto-enrolled and will be charged unless you contact Apple for a refund! Don't forget to unsubscribe! So if you download this app and realize you'll be charged and have been auto-enrolled into their subscription plan do this: Go into the app and find your subscriptions and unsubscribe; make sure no subscription plan is checked You won't know whether you truly did unsubscribe until after the 7 day "free trial" and even then, who knows? But wait! How to stop Apple from charging you on Calm's behalf for that first year? You need to contact Apple. It's not easy and is a big hassle to do. Anyone feeling calm after this? From Calm: To clarify, when first downloading the app, we offer users an option to start a 7-day free trial through iTunes. Per the terms provided at signup for the trial, this automatically rolls into a yearly subscription if it is not cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. I apologize if that was not clear! If you'd like more information, you can find a help article about how the free trial works here. Due to Apple's high standards for protecting iTunes customer billing information, we do not have access to your payment details. Unfortunately this means we are not able to refund you directly, but I have included some information below to assist you with the refund process through iTunes. I also recommend you cancel your subscription if you have not yet, to prevent being charged further. To do so, you'll just need to turn off auto-renew within your phone's iTunes account settings. We're not able to manage this for you on our end, but the steps are easy and you can do it at any time. Please see this support article for details: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 Here are instructions on contacting iTunes to request a refund: On your iPhone or iPad: Search for your receipt from Apple in your mail app. Tap on the email receipt for the purchase you want refunded. Tap "Report a Problem" next to the purchase you want to report. You will be redirected to Apple's problem reports page. Enter your Apple ID and password. Tap "Choose Problem" and select the problem from the menu. Enter any additional details and tap "Submit". Apple should get back to you within a few days to a week with refund details. On a web browser: Go to Apple's problem reports page: http://reportaproblem.apple.com/ Login with your Apple ID and password. Select the Apps tab. Select "Report a Problem" to the right of the purchase you want a refund for. Click on "Choose Problem" and select your problem from the menu. Enter any additional details and then click Submit. Through iTunes itself: Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC. Click on "Account". Type in your Apple ID and password. Click "See All" under your purchase history. Click on the arrow next to the purchase batch that contains the purchase you'd like a refund for. Click on "Report a Problem" at the bottom of the purchase batch. Click on "Report a Problem" next to the single item you wish to report. You will be redirected to Apple's problem reports page. Login with your Apple ID and password. Select the Apps tab. Select "Report a Problem" to the right of the purchase you want a refund for. Click on "Choose Problem" and select your problem from the menu. Enter any additional details and then click Submit.

Adult Written byfranfran14 April 22, 2019

Phenomenal app for people of all ages - FREE FOR K-12 TEACHERS

This app provides a wonderful platform for children and adults alike to bring mindfulness into their lives. If bedtime is difficult for your family, try their Sleep Stories on your kids. It's like magic. As everyone has noted, they do offer a free trial. It rolls into a subscription if it is not canceled. During this free week was when I discovered the hypnotic magic of their sleep stories on my son. The yearly charge is totally worth it.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byDaveWilsonImages April 22, 2019

Dishonest Billing Methods

WARNING: Calm offers you a free trial, but what they do not make clear is that if you don't actively cancel the trial after a certain amount of time you automatically get a hefty charge for a subscription. By the time you figure out that you've been billed it's too late and they will not offer a refund. This method of billing unsuspecting people who are led to believe they are simply downloading a free trial is dishonest and misleading. I don't care if legally Calm can get away with it; it's just plain SLEAZY!
Adult Written byAdie67 April 20, 2019

They make you think it’s a free app then the take money out of you bank

Downloaded this app thinking it was free as long as you don’t upgrade anything, I brought some diamonds yesterday for another app that I play, as soon as I updated my payment details this app took £34.99 out of my bank with out authentication they need to stop taking advantage of people’s hard earned money and clearly state that this app will take money from your bank account, Do not download this app unless you are prepared to pay for it otherwise they just take your money and run.

Adult Written byNowIknow March 6, 2019

Useless, and unethical “trial” deal

I found this app useless, and the voices on the program more annoying than calming. Moreover, I got tricked into paying for a one-year subscription. I bit on their “trial subscription” bait, then found out that although it could be canceled the cancellation would be in one year. So I am out something like $70 or $80. Hypocrites! They sell this Zen calm thing, then cynically cheat people out of their money.