All member reviews for Dead Space for iPad

Ultra-violent, gory horror game that's not for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkArcher April 22, 2011

For Daring Older Teens, but no-one younger

Wow, this game is amazing especially for it's platform. But besides the awesome controls, gameplay, and graphics. The creators went way over board with the violence, blood, gore, and horror. Bodies will start falling from empty slots in the celling, and fly across hallways leaving a trail of blood. The game is sure to startle you when Necocromes (the main enemy in the game) tackle onto you out of no where. When this happens you will be forced to saw their arm off or face death. Other creatures with jump on you out off no where making you have to rapidly tap the screen or shake your device. If you fail to finish the commands in time. The consequence will be having your neck ripped off, getting a claw through your throat, or having your head eaten off. Your teammates helping you get out of space alive swear like sailors and will sometimes freak you out when you hear them being mauled by aliens over your communication devices. Overall the game is really fun, will shock you, and get you pumped up as if your watching a scary movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychriz123 April 25, 2011

awesome game

awesome game ...though it can be intense i wouldnt let a kid play this because it even made me jump in the first few levels... its rayed 12+ but id put it at 17+ cuz of cussing and gore but if yer 14 or up i highly recomend it and its worth the money
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2011

I frickin love this game the graphics look like a console game i play it daily and it is totally worth $6.99 get it NOW
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatcat22 February 14, 2011

love it its good but preety violent and scary dead things come back and try to kill you so mangled half eaten bodies some mild language
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2011

Awsome and worth the money

Great game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byoscar buffalo December 25, 2011

Great not as bad as you think

Great game but lots of limbs and blood
Teen, 15 years old Written byAwesomeTingle July 27, 2011

Fun game! Violent, pretty bad language, but not horrible

This is a very fun game! It is very gory though, with blood and bodies all over. 3 uses of the f-bomb in the game. The game seems really bad and gory and violent, and it is. But the longer you play it, the more numb you get to it all. It becomes a fight for survival, and you don't really notice the bad stuff in the game anymore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 3, 2011

dead space

I just buy the ipod version for my ipad it's expensive but it's not in hd
Adult Written byjasonc506 January 30, 2011

This is an incredible console experience. The gameplay is very easy to pick up and play. Though the game is quite violent I think it has been toned down a bit from the console versions. Language is infrequent but sometimes fairly strong. Overall great game that last around 5 hours.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 11, 2011

Very good game!

GOT THIS FOR MY IPAD AND IPHONE.ITS TOTALLY WORTH YOUR BUCK.GO GET IT NOW IF YOU LOVE THE DS SERIES!
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 September 8, 2013

Good Game - Just Remember That It's Still A Little Violent

This is an okish game. It's pretty good but it's quite limited compared to the console ones. The violence and gore isn't so bad, it's more scary than gore in my opinion, but there's still dismemberment and things like that. So you can choose if you want to pay $6.99 for this. I don't think it should cost that much but that's my opinion and hey, I got it on sale (100% off!).
Teen, 13 years old Written byMu51c4l1f3 January 20, 2013

Not that gruesome

The mobile version of Dead Space is a lot like the Series. But it is a lot less violent. I have beat the game twice. There are less ways to die than in Dead Space 2. Vandal only says F*** twice in the game. The blood spewing isn't that realistic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouz26 August 15, 2014

Dead Space Mobile

Super fun if you enjoy horror for older teens
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 16, 2013

Gory, and scary, but still Fun.

Dead Space the app is gory, but not as bad as the Console versions. It has Language some of it strong, but it isn't always frequent. There is strong blood and violence. You walk around and see blood on the walls, and floors. In order to kill one of the creatures you must take off his head or limbs. There is constant jump scares, and I am not to scared of apps, but this one is one of the only exceptions. I think a mature 11 could handle it. If it were rated as movies are rated it would be R: Strong Bloody Sc-Fi Violence, and Language.
Parent Written byBurgaMonsta April 23, 2013

Dead Space

If your child like sci-fi and aliens, then this game is perfect for your child. although it is quite violent, it is still a good choice if your child like sci-fi and aliens.
Adult Written byBushMan6 May 2, 2012

Awesome game!

First off, this is a really good app for hard core gamers using iOS devices. Has plenty of gore and blood. Swearing is sometimes strong(see their review for which words are used.) However only 5 strong ones are heard through the game(I beat it on normal in 3 hours), but you can do a "New game+"(restating the campaign with all of you equipment) Then you will hear all of the words again. I said there is a positive role model, because the main character in the beginning really messes up, then does everything in their power to make it right. Evan if it means dying to fix it. This is one of a very few apps that fells like a console game while playing it.