Parent reviews for Fortnite: Battle Royale

Popular shooter has lots of violence, hits mobile bulls-eye.

Parent Written byCitizenOne May 12, 2018

This is an extremely violent game.

I dont understand you parents that feel this game is appropriate for kids under 13. The justification is that there's no blood !!!!! Really ?!?!?!?! So would it be okey for your kids watching someone being drowned ? I mean there's no blood right ? I spent an hour today watching gameplay on YouTube. I saw other "players" being killed/bludgeoned to death by pickaxes. This was hits over and over and over and over until the person killed vanishes into some light beam, which I guess makes it alright. This is such an extremely violent game. There's only one thing that matters in this game, it is to kill. I'm not some dweeb parent that doesn't get it. I play games myself. Some of my adult violent games, actually all of them, have less violence that this game. Many of the adult violent games you still have to figure things out - this is just straight up killing - executing. I believe you get bonus or something for clean head shots. How about this instead - parents. Spend some time with your kids instead of parking them infront of the game console and let them kill for entertainment. Also to have any meaningful gameplay you have to be hooked up and able to online chat and listen to other players, this is live. No filtering before your kid hears it. If you dont set up the game properly your kid might be chatted up by Uncle Fester.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byOlli Z May 7, 2018

Great game

Great game for free with next to no violence. Yes you shoot people but that the case in nearly all games. There is zero blood or gore and no melee or hand to hand combat. Although to get vbuvks (the game currency) without paying is pretty hard, the game is free so that's not a problem. The game does have a duo and squad mode where you play with other people, 90% of the time with a mic, but you can always mute them, or simply just turn voice off on settings. In general, this game is next to not violent at all, and, although very intense towards the end of the match, should be played by everyone

Parent of a 7 year old Written byJames472 April 18, 2018

Great Port!

I absolutely LOVE playing fortnite on iPhone. Parents should know the themes are a bit dark because your trying to kill everybody else, but it is very cartoonish.

Uncle Written bythegoverment i. April 24, 2018

horrible violence

this game is horribly VIOLENT, im a momy, and I wouldn't let my little chicks enter within a 20 mile radius of anyone playing this game. so violent. my son thought this was aseptable behavior towards his siblings. DO NOT BOTHER

Adult Written bydarin b. May 1, 2018

fortnite the best

it is the best.
Adult Written byJames S. July 3, 2018

Requires common sense/parent due diligence

When I say 11+ this is not definitive. I think parents need to base their decision on multiple factors. Firstly, the maturity of the child. If your child is sensible and understands this is just a game and isn’t likely to go to school and start whacking other kids with a pretend pick axe then is day it’s safe. Secondly be aware that this is an online title and this comes with many dangers so I’d suggest disabling in-game chat so that your child is not exposed to the uncouth behaviours of the ever so brave trolls hiding behind their computer screens. The kid can pickup bad language if this isn’t switched off. Thirdly this fame is HIGHLY additive. If your kid is the type to let a fame take over his/her life then this isn’t the right game. I let my kid play the game as he is mature enough not to repeat what he see’s in the game in the real world. Plus I have disabled the chat and let him play within moderation - under supervision - and at set times. With regards to violence, I’d say it’s quite tame. It’s not gory (no blood or loss of limbs). The games concept is cartoon-comical like and doesn’t represent any severe emotional harm to a child. I don’t see much difference between what I have seen on even some Sonic/Mario games. Practically 80% have elements of violence. If anyone can remember their childhood I don’t much difference between this and playing with Action Man (who was equipped with the same arsenal as the characters in this game). In my opinion your decision should be based on your child’s maturity entirely. Once again, I stress if you child is likely to repeat anything they see in this game at school or around the house DO NOT let them play. However Fortnite is becoming increasingly frowned upon at schools. Be prepared for a scolding from teachers if they go round bragging about they play it. It’s easy for others to assume you are being a reckless parent without knowing that you have gone through the parent due diligence and harm prevention/mitigation steps. Letting a younger person play this unattended and without laying down your rules is reckless i’d say. Also he careful of in- game purchases. If your kid has itchy fingers and doesn’t understand the concept of money be careful. The game has lots purchases and you don’t want a sudden and unexpected &700 bill fir fortnite poses. Make sure that’s locked down.

Adult Written byAzalin137 June 17, 2018

Not as violent as some might want you to believe

Cartoon violence is not the same as real violence. The game isnt that violent in the grand scheme of things. Yea you get shot, yea you die, yea in some rare cases you get smashed with a pickaxe which in some cases looks bizarre and comical. Its no different that being blown up in Lego games or smashed in Minecraft. If your kid is mature enough to handle it fine.....if not then choose another game

Adult Written byAli812 August 1, 2018

Negative reviews are made by over-protective parents with invalid points

This game is in no way inappropriate, these parents are not trying to understand the game, Battle Royale is a simulation, and players are supposed to eliminate other players from the match where they are dropped in with another 100 players, the reason I say eliminated is because there is a pod that pulls you out upon your elimination, and who is not mature enough to handle some cartoon violence?

Adult Written bydjblue3 June 16, 2018

Fun, popular shooter has a heap of cartoon violence but no blood

Fortnite is a popular game that originally developed on console. Now it is mobile and pretty much the same. It really isn’t that violent, compared to other popular shooters and the violence is pretty cartoonsish. No blood, but one small thing is when you get shot, you dramatically fall to the ground and crawl around which is a bit weird... However, if you die you just get picked up by a drone, your materials fall out and you watch either your teammates or other people play. The Storm is one more thing as it is a deadly rainstorm that makes you lose health and die. The contols are easier on PC/Console bit otherwise it pretty good!

Adult Written bySexeymemes69 May 10, 2018

traash

PUBG rip off

Adult Written byThel 'Vadam July 18, 2018

This game isn't that violent at all. If you think so you're being the overprotective crap.

This game is animated in a cartoonish art style so it could possibly appeal more to children. I've seen some crazy parent reviews that are just plain rubbish. Parents get so offended when they see weapons. Why? Some idiot even suggested they rather watch s*x then have their kid play Fortnite. This stupid site is where uneducated parents resort when wanting to complain about the smallest things in games. Just. Shut. Up.

Adult Written byCommonsense1234567 September 11, 2018

It’s the head not the body

So were talking about fortnight yes it has violence but that doesn’t mean that it’s bad I for kids it’s bad when they start taking guns trying to take the battle royal at school. All I’m trying to say is when a child try’s to shoot up a school and gets shoot because of it don’t blame it on the game and say”Oh well it’s because they played fortnite all the time” no it’s their fault because 1.they probably have mental issues and/or illness 2. You are the one responsible for their actions.
Adult Written byayden.coleman04... August 21, 2018

its fine

its just that i dont allow but it does seem fine
Adult Written bycjtiltonkywell July 8, 2018

Good game

I always play this game and one thing is it has no blood, unrealistic guns, and challenges to earn rewards, the only thing that is bad is that your killing people but it really ain't bad.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byBinge W. June 2, 2018

Kids+

This game is good but, not worth losing 3 GB after 30 minute wait for the game. Their is some violence which is only shooting other people and no blood. So language, and no sexual situations.
Adult Written byWeomaster August 29, 2018

Bad just so bad

Unoriginal not so much strategy and gets boring I hate this game I’m a clash Royale fan and I just don’t know why people leave clash and play a dumb game like fortnite. I think it’s just overrated like I can’t stand people just doing these stupid dances in public and at school. I think clash Royale is the best game ever. There are so many combinations that u can do.

Adult Written bySosogamer16 August 23, 2018

Wow I LOVE IT SO MUCH

I just think that since there’s no violence like blood or gore and easy to play and the currency of the game(vbucks) is easy to get without buying it and little kids should play this game without their parents saying no.

Adult Written byJoakobro9696 August 1, 2018

Joaquobro9696

I think that we need some respect

Parent Written bybestultimategamer2 May 28, 2018

the best game ever

its crazy good I think most families should get for there kid its great my kid plays every day and he told me to play and i was very simple i love it

Adult Written byGeraltOfRivia2077 September 26, 2018

It's for Morons

Play The Witcher 3 instead.