All member reviews for Fun Run - Multiplayer Race

Cute forest creatures belie violent content in racing app.

Learning(i)

Teen, 15 years old Written byJouden April 20, 2014

Fun Run

The point of this game is to beat other players (actual people, not computer) in a race through obstacles, off cliffs, over hills, in the clouds, and up walls. As you race, there a special boxes that you get that give you weapons such a knifes, boxing gloves, ninja blades, and also protective bubbles and jet packs. You attack your fellow competitors with your weapons and try to kill them so you can beat them. I will admit it is a little gory but it is all cartoon and is a ton of fun. As you get better, you can upgrade your animal to different, cooler animals. Caution, contains in-app purchases! You can play with random opponents or you can set a game with your friends, no social networking required. I personally think this game is super fun and addicting, as I play with my friends all the time. It is a little gory so young children should take caution. Altogether, I think you shouldn't worry and give it a try! Set up a game with your friends today!
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2014

I don't like it

In my opinion, this game is gross and disgusting, because every time I see blood I feel like my muscles and toes are going to explode. When I got this game, I thought that it would be cute and child like. WRONG! They try to trick players with the cute animals. Animals racing isn't realistic, neither if they get hit with blades without getting sliced in half, so why do they have to get sliced in half? To trick players of course! And if it is for comedy it's super bad. That is basically someone wanting death in this world so people can laugh. Violence: Characters can kill each other with blades and other weapons, yet they look kiddish so players will see the photos of the game and they can trick them. Consumerism: They include in-app purchases. Safety and privacy concerns: Players play this game with internet, therefore they can play with other players around the world. But they need to choose a username and it could include their full name and people may see it and track them down. Swearing: Players can enter inappropriate words in their username and other players may see it when playing with them online. This game connects to random strangers and the point is to be social.
Kid, 8 years old December 13, 2014

LEARNING

I used to play that game when I was seven. I play Battle Run now. I would say it's appropiate for 7 and up.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byJamieS 3 May 16, 2015

LEARNING

Players can talk with one another

The review on Common Sense Media says players cannot talk to one another, but that is not true. If you are invited into a race, you can privately chat with other racers. My son experienced kids that were only on there to be mean and said very inappropriate comments to him while playing. The game is also violent and shows blood. Definitely not appropriate for younger children.
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2015

Fun Multiplayer game

Fun Run is a mobile app where you race against real people, trying to get to the finish line first. When, you do this, however, you can use saws,Rocket,Lightning,Punch them through a box, use a Trap and other bloody ways for them to ''die''. However, when you die in the game, there is some mild blood but you automatically regenerate. This game is fun but has some violent content. Mild blood and you can kill each other's characters in the ways I listed above. It is ment to be comedic, but still, violence is violence. Some mildly inappropriate names can be entered ( I have seen some usernames with lots of bad words) and you can become friends with random people and chat with them (however I never chat with random people online) but that is only in the "Friends" option in the game if you become friends with random people. I do not think you can do that in the "quick play" option in the game. This game is fun, but because of some mild cartoon violence,iffy language, and some serious privacy concerns, fun run is iffy for twelve and up.