Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Goat Simulator

Silly, outrageous sim with some cartoonish violence.

Adult Written byEpicMonkey447 November 27, 2014

ALOT of demonic references

This game is not for any Christian families that want a funny game. it has lots of other innapropriate language in it too (for the PC version). Firstly there is a pont where you find a pentagram and have to sacrifice five beings to unlock a "demon goat". and lastly this is a game where it encourages beating things up like people and animals so is not for children so i have to disagree with the common sense.

Adult Written byThomasB 4 January 20, 2018

i personally like the game

ok so, i think the game is safe for anyone above 13 years old. it has some dark humor and some inappropriate language but all of that can be changed in the games settings. if your kid wants to play it, the safest version is the mobile one. its only $4.99 and its not even as bad as the pc version. i actually like the game myself and its pretty funny. But as i said you can make it more family friendly with the settings. Also fyi the game is meant for young adults anyways. The game really isn't hard to play and you can freely roam around a town as a goat or animal of choice. you run into things and cause as much destruction as you can for points and to get more goats and animals. The whole game should be taken as a joke and it is meant to be humorous.

Parent of a 9, 12, and 17 year old Written byDavid H. December 16, 2017

Awesome

A little over the top with action but otherwise ok for young ones!

Parent Written byAngel W. January 20, 2017

Xbox one review funny game

It is ridiculous to bring religion in to this game, it is meant to be funny and fun not evil. As for the pentagram Christian faith used the pentagram with out the circle to represent Jesus' 5 wounds before the cross so technically people made it evil. I wish people would accept responsibility for being "evil" and quit doing bad things and blaming it on some mythical being.... Anyways the game is fun but if your really in to religion probably not for you. And before I get the haters comments I'm not satanic I just have some common sense.

Adult Written byJohn M. January 9, 2017

The controversy and what to do if your child wants the PC version

Most people are saying common sense got it wrong but what you have to remember they are reviewing the iPad version. I understand how people can be offended by the "Demon goat" ritual part but what was the difference when I kicked someone of a wind turbine in search of a trophy? These things will happen, if you don't want your child playing goat sim that's fine! I understand your worrys. On the PC side if you child wants the PC version just cause it's MA (in Australia were I am) you can still get get it for them by turning off explicit content! Then your kids can have age appropriate goat sim fun on the computer without having to worry about swearing! My 9yr and 11yr old love it!

Adult Written byMissyeller July 28, 2016

Common Sense Media Got It Wrong On This One

We rely on this site to help us make decisions. We should have read all the reviews on this one. I can't think of any reason a site dedicated to helping families keep their kids safe would state that a game is appropriate for 11 year olds when players have to sacrifice living creatures to the devil to obtain a reward in the form of a demon goat. And then their is Slender Goat. Have you forgotten that two children attempted to murder another child to obtain the favor of Slender Man? Honestly, I think you really missed the boat on this one. I'll be much more careful about taking Common Sense Media recommendations at face value from now on.

Adult Written bydande313 July 7, 2015

Suprised by the "M" rating

This game was originally made as an "April Fools" joke; a game so ridiculous it was good. I first purchased on Steam, before it was given a rating. When I first ran the game, I saw the option to turn the adult content off. I turned it off, and didn't think twice about it. Reading the other reviews, the content can be pretty bad when it is left "on". I never came across it, but it might be a concern for parents with "curious" children. All the same, I don't believe the game merits its "M" rating. Even with the adult content turned off, there is a lot of "violence". I've seen this as a complaint in common sense media. I think this is silly, since the creators made it impossible for anyone to die. Headbutt the unsuspecting off of a sky scrapper? They'll go limp for a moment, get up, and run away. If you're okay with Wiley Coyote violence, this won't phase you a bit. The exception is the pentagram. If you should so choose, you can lick 5 innocents and drag them with your tongue into a pentagram circle. The innocents will then spin around in a ridiculous tornado fashion and disappear in a flash of light, granting your goat a new look and a new "black hole" special ability. Is it demonic? Yes. But IMHO it's making fun of the devil more than anything; and I am all for that.

Adult Written byJakeTaylor2309 January 29, 2019

Good Game for Anyone

The game is quite fun and the only possible drawback is replay ability. I don't think any maturity is nessecary as violence in video games has never been connected to real world violence.

Adult Written bySaltSlasher December 13, 2018

Weirdness can be as bad as anything

I thought harmless and dumb, but its overly dumb, and its weirdness isnt really suitable for kids. I found its weirdness ro be as harmful as violence, sexuality, and swearing. The content in game is very violent, but the weirdness is in the goats. Seems innocent at first, but the unlockable goats in the DLC are things like a man moves like a snail and looks like humping the ground, a microwave with legs but pops out things its door and feels sexual, and there is man is a bear costume who crawls and feels like a sexual thing. Just lots of sexual innuendos. It's really dumb for most part. The original game is kind of fun and I unlocked all goats, think fine for kids. But the DLC lacks quality and has more mature things, and more for teens, so picking 13+. The MMO is best DLC but kids like Payday.

Adult Written byDaniel D December 4, 2018
The licking thing is REALLY bad. You should NEVER play it unless you are 18+. Parents should NOT let their kid/s to play this game EVER.
Parent Written byXuxu X. November 10, 2018

Adult Written byThatWeirdoJD September 14, 2018

A great game with some mild dark themes.

Goat Simulator is a hilarious and fun game with some dark underlying themes, such as the ability to engage in a satanic ritual to become a demon goat and protesters holding signs saying “no p*nis shaped food”. However, older players will probably be more mature and could handle the nature of this game.

Adult Written byMomoflaj August 18, 2018

Not in my house!

We have let our kids play this in the past because we just thought it was a dumb stupid game that would bring no harm. Well, today my kids found this tower that they can go into and inside the tower is devil worship taking place. There is a devil or demon at The back of the room, with red carpet leading up to him, and dad goats all around bowing to him. It’s dark with lots of red lighting… Very demonic in nature. I understand goats = demonic possession type of stuff. But really? There’s no need for this in a game. That’s absurd. When I decided to Google it, a lot more came up about the devil worship. No more for my kids!
Adult Written byLilianahontas August 1, 2018

My review to goat simulator

Idk why others think that goat simulator waste of space has violence I just dont understand the only thing that I thinks wrong is that the goat Is stealing money but seriously theres violence WHAT thats fake theres no violence theres no blood theres no nothing I really think you dont know what your talking about people.
Adult Written byYipyapseal2 July 30, 2018

I love basketball

I play onn basket bol teeem poopin parits and I play dis gaim onn my break and derz a basket bol on dis gaim 2 but der iz a deemin gote and i am 28 butt i don't lik it ad ol it not 4 kidz

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byM.L.Junior July 9, 2018

Satanic worship

At first it seems like a harmless game where you just run around as a goat doing pointless things. But as my daughter and I played it more, I discovered there is a satanic ritual site that is a glowing red pentagram. There is a building you go into where other goats bow down to you as you walk in and sit on a flaming throne that gives you some sort of goat skull. There is basically a cock fighting arena for goats that has blood in it.....I would not recommend this game for anyone unless you are into letting your child or yourself be exposed to a game that is openly worshipping Satan. I don't hate homosexuals or ever disrespect them but as a Christian I also noticed a number of gay pride flags flying in the game.

Written byAnonymous April 15, 2018

Deceptively inappropriate

If you happen to be playing the PC version, which we have, there is quite a bit of swearing in the form of on-screen text (as well as some verbal). The violence comes in the form of senseless explosions, and bodies (human and goat) being hurled around like rag-dolls. I didn't even know there were versions available for iOS/Android. Common Sense Media should work on changing this - it is available for PC (on Steam, and stand-alone), Xbox, mobile devices. There are several instances of intense demonic imagery. The game itself is full of hilarious goat shenanigans and is basically a physics sandbox of destruction. The question is: how many different ways can you goat? The inappropriate aspects of the game are hard to find at first. The first thing I noticed when my 9 year old was playing it was the sudden F bombs that came up in big bold print on the screen when he did a wall jump. There are sexual references, drug/alcohol use, and massive explosions and flying bodies of both goats and people. I get it. It's funny. But it's not appropriate for pre-teens. The mature themes are not easy to see at first. You have to explore the world and look for them, so at first glance, it may seem like a harmless game, and you shouldn't feel bad for thinking that.

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byDaniel H. March 6, 2018

Great game to play with your kid.

My 5 year old son and myself play this game all the time on PS4. It can have up to 4 player split screen and the 'violence' is light. I've seen other reviews call this 'GTA' clone with goats, that is simply not true. Not even close. There is no blood, no swearing, no sex, no drugs, it's just a goat. There are some things to watch out for though- In some levels there is a glowing pentagram where you can sacrifice people to unlock 'Devil Goat'. You can headbutt people, roll bolders over people, blow up cars, etc. Again, no blood, no body parts, just wholesome cartoonish violence you would see in a cartoon kids watch. My son and I have bonded over this game many times, and it's a great way to pass the time.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byNuxyer January 29, 2018

that is some bad items for kid but not at all

this game is fun and stupid sometimes bugs make more fun this game has some sex and violence and drugs i recommend this game for 7-year-olds and 8-year-olds or uper

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byAndrew Thackray T. November 24, 2017

NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN...or anyone for that matter. Shows violence against women.

I was watching my son play this on his kids' Kindle, and he was controlling a robot who was dragging an unconscious cheerleader around a football field, and the line at the top of the game said "Score with a Cheerleader! Literally!" So incredibly appalling, and inappropriate for any age, and the fact that it was allowed to be downloaded to my son's Kindle despite the age protections I have on it is obviously a flaw. I've contacted Amazon about this.