All member reviews for Jetpack Joyride

Fly high on a machine gun while trying not to die.

Parent Written bybigmacattack9 February 28, 2012

What Are We Thinking?

First of all you are not KILLING the people. They are scientists being knocked over. What is CSM thinking they're just trying to rip this game. Although, I agree with the privacy and safety issue. OpenFeint tries too much to get you to join. Otherwise it's a fun game
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 15, 2013

I have it myself. There is a machine called bad as hog that may or may not fly over heads. You do have many ways to die which may bother you. The scientists may be considered role models cause they don't get distracted by Barry . May teach about collecting money and spending saving, etc
Adult Written byGDTSP July 4, 2012

Age limit?

13+??? You've got to be kidding me!
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2012

I mean it's not THAT bad and you can get rid of the machine gun quickly if you get enough coins. if you hit people there is no blood and it is done like common sense said (cartoon way)
Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2013

What I thought it was not

My Mom says this is too violent but you aren't supposed to kill people or anything or beat them up. I didn't know there was a machine gun in it but I thought ours was a classical jet pack not a machine-gun jetpack. I thought they were sparks flying down. Jetpack is an awesome game. The goal of the game is to survive as long as possible in the jetpack factory. Your character has to collect coins and beat levels. It’s not hard, but it is still fun. There are special vehicles, like a motorcycle and a gravity suit.
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2013

"The" Jetpack Joyride.

This is a fun game! I rate it 10 and up because when you get the motorcycle power up he has a gun that shoots the nerds. There are also missiles, so it's a little violent. I do not recommend this game for young children, they may get scared. I hope my review helped, and happy playing!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic March 16, 2012

Outstanding Game - with action required

An excellent and addictive game. Kids will love this game and will want to get the highest score possible.
Kid, 8 years old July 24, 2013

It is really joyful
Teen, 13 years old Written byOhmygermany:) March 11, 2012

Love this!!

First off you can earn coins to get rid of the machine gun jetpack!! Second I LOVE this game:) This is like one of the only games I play on my ipod :) Nothing is violent(the little people just fall down)
Kid, 9 years old June 2, 2014

bad app

when you play the game, you find a personal fly transport machine on your back, there are guns in the machine while flying in a factory, and whats not appropriate is that he stole the jet pack without dang permission! its telling a sign for kids to steal and its not cool at all!
Educator and Parent Written byAndrea M White August 28, 2013

Amazing but what about the violence glorified?

I have often played this game and has relatively like it but the fact that annoys me is the 'violence glorified'. There is so much fire, wrath, anger and anti-peace content glorified through this game. It is certainly fun for adults but a clear cut no for kids. On similar line, there is a game called ' Burt destruction'. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself while playing it. The storyline easily connects with the imagination and the fictional fairytale background my childhood has passed. The gameplay projects less violence and more fun.
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2013

awesome game

This game rules. It is a obstacle course that is ran on a jetpack of your choice clothing you choose gadgets you wear vehicles you ride and the upgrades you bought. You fly knocking down the scientists below with dangerous jetpacks and mad golden dragons to get as far as the zappers let you before you burn. Win achievments and coins as far as your stolen jetpack will take you. Teleport Through Obstacles and to coins. Stomp on scientists. Fly by money. Ride the waves. AND shoot scientists while riding a quick motor. NO stopping your joyride will whisk you through a secret lab holding amazing experiments you use and ride untill you kick the bucket by a shooting missle this game is a wesome and ok for all ages with on mild language inuendo the bad as hog
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 March 19, 2014

Why is this rated 13+?

This is a great app that I think is good for all ages because it only features mild violence and that is about it. All it features is mild arcade violence and nothing else, so I would say this is alright for any kid, and the fact that they gave this a 13+ is really strange because there is nothing wrong or bad about kids playing this fun game. Suggested MPAA rating PG: Mild Violence
Parent Written byveector January 7, 2013

Gambling encouraged

I have played this game several times and as a 39 year old dad with a degree in Communications and Interaction Design, you should NOT let any kids play this game. This may sound harsh, but the game actively encourages a gambling mentality by encouraging a risk-reward scenario which is not in the player's favor. In order to progress, you need coins which are, of course, an in-app purchase.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2013

Fun And Engaging Joyride Game

Review by rsm2. Fun and engaging joyride game. Easy to play, but objectives [needed to level up] get harder and harder as the game proceeds. Not too violent [ all Barry does that is even slightly crude is run into shockers]. Has a cool in game store that players can purchase jet-pack accessories, using coins they earn in the game, though you can buy coins with real money if you want. Overall, a true joyride.
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2015

You Don't Have to Use the Machine Gun Jetpack

This guy probably only played one round of this. I played and just like this person, hated the machine gun. I realized that if I saved up my "game" money I could buy a jetpack that doesn't kill the poor scientists. Now it's one of my favorite games. Beware of the power up's names though. Crazy Freaking Teleporter and Bad As Hog is kind of inappropriate.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2013

I think it is a good game but the gambling is some what bad. and just to say you don't have to use the machine gun jetpack. You start out with a regular jet pack. Other than that GREAT game ADDICTED
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2013

This game is nice because you get to collect coins and ride in special objects. Please download it.
Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 19 year old Written bycome to pa pa October 26, 2015

funn cool shit

this is one awsome game it s so chalenging at some times addcting and csm is a whore
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2014

Really cool game, you can play it for ever and you won't get bored.