Parent reviews for Kick the Buddy: No Mercy

Distasteful app glorifies violence.

Wondering if Kick the Buddy: No Mercy is OK for your kids?

Parent Written byWhatsthis March 17, 2018

Not cool!

This game is too violent for anyone under 17 in my opinion. It teaches younger ones to not have compassion and to simply laugh at hurting someone. Yes it’s a puppet, but still the concept of hurting anything, is OK in this game. NOT COOL!

Adult Written byDaniel L. August 1, 2020

A very violent app!

T: violence
Adult Written byTheRev August 21, 2019

Psychologically teaching murder and torture

Its simple. Torture, hurt, kill the dummy. Many of histories caught murderers and serial killers start on dolls, small animals etc. Now that technology is mainstream as what used to be going out into the woods behind your house to catch a squirrel and do the same thing in the secret of your time, this app, for young people, is no different. A child with a life that is not nurturing, abusive, whatever it may be...looking for a way out, a way to feel powerful, to feel in control to feel dominant... this technological version of where it all starts just plants the seed .... the developers must not understand the psychological effects of games like this. If they find comfort hiding behind the shield of giving a rating of 13+ or whatever it is ... and not go home and truly think about the long term of the effects of their work ... its sad ... this app ended up as an ad on my 4 year old sons game for 4+ kids .... he did not understand...he knew it was wrong when he saw what he saw ... and the scary part is, he knows nothing of the reality of the world yet. But the developers do, and they dont care enough to find a proper place to utilize their gifts of programming and development to do something that can make this world a better place.

Adult Written byPeridot361 April 20, 2019

Disgraceful

This app shows up in all advertisements on my children’s apps which are Rated for four-year-olds. It’s disgusting and it tells you to cut buddy up. It’s getting so frustrating because there are no apps and my children can play without this disgusting app add showing up. The amount of violence that a plays in a short 30 second clip is disgusting. I don’t know what to do because I can’t seem to download any apps anymore without this one coming up. Even on cute unicorn games for my five-year-old. Please help!

Adult Written byDaniel W November 22, 2018

I hate this app

I do not like it at all. It gives my little my brother David bad dreams. It is very awful. They should not have put it on YouTube where I saw it in the first place. I would prefer other shows, this is the worst show, it gives me nightmares as well. I know that men might like this show, bit most people wouldn't like it.

Adult Written bydahlia.starshine November 5, 2018

Why? Just why? :(

When I first saw this app I was confused. Why would we need more violence in this world? This just teaches kids that it's okay to be violent.

Adult Written byLDRB July 29, 2018

My young child found this app by accident. I was mortified. It is violent and cruel. You beat “Buddy” and torture him until he dies. This app should not even exist in my opinion.

Adult Written byLoan July 21, 2018

It should be banned.

Extremely violent and NOT suitable for kids. There is no point to the game except having the ability to creatively torture someone to death .... But you get to do it over and over again because he respawns. Total utter rubbish. Do not let your kids near this sadistic game. It should be banned.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byCyTV July 15, 2018

Okay I dont have and buy this game because its extinct

R.I.P Kick The Buddy:No Mercy
2012-2014

Ease of Play
Parent Written byBret H. February 8, 2018

I found this game to be quite upsetting

Look I do not consider myself someone who is easily offended. And I think kids should be kids. But this game is gross. The entire point of the game is to torture a character who is both begging you to stop, and becoming increasingly injured until you torture him to death. I don’t care that it’s a sock puppet. What is the point of this?

Adult Written byMirce K. October 13, 2016

kosturski123

Ease of Play
Adult Written bysky2a1 November 14, 2013

Good and bad.

Good for kids but they will get scared.

Adult Written bymommybear45 September 23, 2013

NOT the best app for kids

my friends daughter has it and she is 13 so.. but her other daughter does too and she is 9. now this not the best app for a child under 12. probably because all they are doing is hurting a doll in every way they could think of. this is not the best app!