Kid reviews for Layton Brothers Mystery Room

Collar criminals with smarts in fun puzzle/adventure blend.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 14 years old Written bySky142 August 4, 2019

amazing!

I've always been a huge fan of the professor layton series and this game has got to be one of my favourites! i loved the main characters, the main villain like character diane, and the whole story. the characters are amazingly done and i found myself wishing there was more. the game itself is really fun, you have to find the clues ans evidence to pin point the killer to each unique case, there are drawings of sometimes more graphic deaths, you have examine the bodys in a 3d unrealistic way and there are mentions of charcters having affiars or sexual relashonships,, it was hinted at romantic feelings between the two main characters and theres sometimes words like "bastard" and "damn" but in all id say maybe a 13+ rating just to be safe! amazing game and id highly recommend playing

Ease of Play
Teen, 15 years old Written byzaharex July 20, 2018

My Current Obsession

My friend first showed me this game about a year ago. It's only now that I got the game and now I'm obsessed!
This game is about Lucy Baker who ended up getting a job at Scotland Yard as Investigator Alfendi Layton's assistant. You work with Al to solve murder cases by gathering evidence and using your logic to see what does and doesn't add up. There's a little bit of a story line in the game as well, which all leads up to case 9 (sadly you have do buy cases 3-9).
The game is very easy to play. You have the opportunity to make mistakes over and over again, though you're going to have to use your head to solve some of the cases.
Being a crime game, there's going to be some violence. There's quite a bit of blood while you are investigating the murders, and once you figure out what happened still pictures will come across the screen showing people being murdered as you describe to the suspect (who is probably the murderer) what happened. One of the main characters is also a shooting victim. Al has a personality that can sometimes say some violent things and be pretty icy at times (I don't want to elaborate on that because I don't want to spoil the story).
Occasionally there will be cases where affairs are mentioned (but it is only mentioned, never elaborated on). Al gets scolded for bringing a woman to his office, (but it was his assistant, Lucy, who the person didn't know about at the time. Al is kind of confused as to why he was being scolded).
I have caught the d and h words in this game, but nothing worse than that. Even then the words don't appear often.
The game is free and includes the prologue and cases 1-2, but if you want cases 3-9 you have to spend around 5 dollars.
In some of the cases you'll sometimes see beer. There is also a case that involves sleeping pills.
From what I've seen, the game has no safety and privacy concerns.
Anyway, in conclusion, I LOVE THIS GAME, and I may look into the Professor Layton games while I'm obsessing (Al is Hershel's son).

Ease of Play