All member reviews for Learn With Homer

Beautiful app promotes skills and a love of reading.

Learning

Parent Written byGloom mommy December 27, 2013

Wonderful app for language development and learning to read!

We love Learning with Homer! My son is having a very difficult time learning to read and this language rich app has really provided a positive connection with reading rather than frustration. There is a Learn to Read section that we've its but he spends most of his time in the Storytime and Discover the World areas where there are sections of poetry, folk songs and short educational stories. He is actually learning a lot of "fun facts" and they ask comprehension questions at the end of the story and he can record his answer. We have enjoyed it so much that we did pay for the additional lessons and stories, and it was well worth every penny. The Folk Songs may be my favorite group. I can go online at any time and listen to the answers he recorded as well as see where he has visited in Homer's world and track his progress. I think it is the best parent tracking of any of our other apps. Most of all, this app is getting my son interested in reading again and I can't fully express my appreciation for that! My son is 7 and not a strong reader. This would have been perfect for my daughter at 4 or 5.
Educator and Parent Written byScienceteachermom September 2, 2013

Learn with Homer is beautiful!

Learn with Homer is a fantastic app to have available for your child ages 3 to 6. Learn with Homer facilitates learning letter sounds and shapes while having fun being creative. Not only are the program manipulation on the screen surprising they are beautiful. Your child will be engaging in literacy a swell as beauty. I never saw my son laugh so hard as when he was recording his thoughts in funny voices and playing it back again. There are so many resources and reading experiences on Learn with Homer, I recommend this app to everyone!
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byJessQ February 28, 2014

LEARNING

This app is amazing

Learn With Homer is an awesome app. My daughter tells me the most fascinating facts from what she's learned from Homer. If only she came home with the same interesting facts from school... This app includes music, stories, poems, activities, facts and it is nice and colourful. Can't recommend it enough.
Educator and Parent Written byrodm1 December 17, 2014

LEARNING

Dodgy Trial system

This company makes it as hard as possible to cancel your 30 day trial. Think carefully before entering your credit card information. The software is quite laggy. Buy a book for your kid.