All member reviews for Learn With Homer

Beautiful app promotes skills and a love of reading.

Learning

Educator and Parent Written byScienceteachermom September 2, 2013

Learn with Homer is beautiful!

Learn with Homer is a fantastic app to have available for your child ages 3 to 6. Learn with Homer facilitates learning letter sounds and shapes while having fun being creative. Not only are the program manipulation on the screen surprising they are beautiful. Your child will be engaging in literacy a swell as beauty. I never saw my son laugh so hard as when he was recording his thoughts in funny voices and playing it back again. There are so many resources and reading experiences on Learn with Homer, I recommend this app to everyone!
Parent Written byGloom mommy December 27, 2013

Wonderful app for language development and learning to read!

We love Learning with Homer! My son is having a very difficult time learning to read and this language rich app has really provided a positive connection with reading rather than frustration. There is a Learn to Read section that we've its but he spends most of his time in the Storytime and Discover the World areas where there are sections of poetry, folk songs and short educational stories. He is actually learning a lot of "fun facts" and they ask comprehension questions at the end of the story and he can record his answer. We have enjoyed it so much that we did pay for the additional lessons and stories, and it was well worth every penny. The Folk Songs may be my favorite group. I can go online at any time and listen to the answers he recorded as well as see where he has visited in Homer's world and track his progress. I think it is the best parent tracking of any of our other apps. Most of all, this app is getting my son interested in reading again and I can't fully express my appreciation for that! My son is 7 and not a strong reader. This would have been perfect for my daughter at 4 or 5.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byJessQ February 28, 2014

This app is amazing

Learn With Homer is an awesome app. My daughter tells me the most fascinating facts from what she's learned from Homer. If only she came home with the same interesting facts from school... This app includes music, stories, poems, activities, facts and it is nice and colourful. Can't recommend it enough.
Educator and Parent Written byrodm1 December 17, 2014

Dodgy Trial system

This company makes it as hard as possible to cancel your 30 day trial. Think carefully before entering your credit card information. The software is quite laggy. Buy a book for your kid.
Educator and Parent Written byMs. Dory January 25, 2016

Not free!

Not a useful system for teachers. I appreciate that Homer needs to pay the bills, and it looks like a cute and effective system. But I can't be entering all this info to test it on the off chance that it works for us AND I can get it paid for. Finding this out just wasted 30 minutes of my day.
Educator and Parent Written byTeacher and Grandma February 18, 2016
LEARNING

Expensive and Charges Will Renew Unauthorized!

Beware! I bought a subscription for my grandson and he enjoyed it for a few months but has since outgrown the format and the content. I forgot about the subscription and yesterday found a charge for $79.99 on my credit card bill from Learn With Homer. I wrote customer service to cancel my subscription and refund my money. But, it is their policy, customer service rep "Fanny" stated, to renew subscriptions without giving customers any warning email. They know very well that kids outgrow apps like they outgrow clothes and they count on stealing money this way from busy and unsuspecting parents. So, subscribing to Homer is definitely not worth $80.00 per year for the cute format and content offered and the Homer company policies can easily trap people like a bad magazine subscription that is very difficult to cancel. Again, beware!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bycountrydad12 February 25, 2016

"Its an Awesome Program"

"It's really great to see my children learn and grow with "Learn with Homer ....10/10 for all parents!
Educator and Parent Written byMother and Teacher February 26, 2016

Sadly Dissapointed

Buyers beware. At first I liked this app. It was something educational for my 4 year old to do every once in a while. Unfortunately, there were glitches and some of my app purchases disappeared. When I tried to figure out what happened I was sent to an online site. I thought I had to sight in there to get support for my apps. Little did I realize I had just signed up for a yearly subscription base. I was never notified of this. I was charged 79.95 a year later. The company refuses to refund me. They could care less that I am not satisfied or want their product. There is no phone number where you can actually speak to someone. This is not the type of company I would want to give my money to. There are plenty of better companies out there to support. This app is not worth their subscription price.
Educator and Parent Written bymomichka84 February 26, 2016

excellent program

I think that there are a lot of mindless games and junk apps , but Homer is surprisingly wonderful in its ability to teach my kids how to read, and I wish I had something like this program as a kid. When I'm working, my dad spends time with my son and they read Homer stories and practice phonics together. My dad had a frustrating login issue once, but the customer service team was quick to respond and helped him fix the issue before I even got home. It's really easy to use, and is the only app I'd recommend to anyone with a young child.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysheboog February 25, 2016
LEARNING

This program genuinely helped my daughter

My daughter always struggled with learning to read and I was never really sure what I could do for her. Her teacher uses Homer in the classroom and highly recommended it to us. I paid for a subscription and my daughter absolutely loves it. I encourage her to do the lessons a few times before moving on and it just seems to be working! I'd highly recommend this product to all parents.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 10 year old Written by3princesses June 1, 2016
LEARNING

Free content okay, full app lots of bugs and consumes your device's memory

App claims to be the #1 Learn-to-Read program, after further investigation that award seems to be self proclaimed. Content is decent but app crashes constantly and takes up a considerable amount of memory. Also, does not return to the level your child was on before crashing, very frustrating for a 4 year old to constantly have to start over.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byashleyrae February 25, 2016

Great for the iPad!!

This app is really cool! i like how easy it is for my child to use and play with, I'm happy I found it and can't wait to see my child continue to learn and play.
Educator and Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bylori_Z February 25, 2016
LEARNING

Just started using and love it!

My daughter just started using this program this past weekend and I am impressed! We never used any kind of "Educational app" before and I didn't want her to just play games.... it's the opposite. She enjoys learning about the animals and is starting to read by herself. It's pretty cool!!