All member reviews for Leo's Pad: Preschool Kids Learning Series

Charming stories, interactivity get preschoolers thinking.

Learning(i)

Educator and Parent Written byGrandma Belinda April 2, 2013

Educationally impressive

As an early childhood educator I was pleased to find a program that has the educational skills embedded and not just drilled or flashing past. My 3 yr old grandson isn't ready for all the sections but sat and enjoyed working through the colors and shapes without being penalized for the ones he wasn't ready to do.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written bySynergie17 April 24, 2013

Great Adaptive Game for Preschoolers

My 3 y.o loves this app. We do it together almost every evening. The story is pretty good with a young DaVinci (Leo) and a young Galileo (Gali). In this story, you are helping Leo get ready for Gali's Birthday. The interactive portions deals with counting, shapes, colors, art, letter recognition and even spelling. Some of the activities adapt to your child's skills, so as you play, the activities change and aren't the same each time (i.e. may need a different number of something to complete a task from previous play). In Appisode 2, they introduce a young Marie Curie. Granted the history is off since these figures didn't live at the same time, but it does introduce youngsters to prominent figures in scientific history.
Parent Written bylovemyfam22 March 3, 2015

LEARNING

Great learning app, wish you could select main character

Received this app for free from BzzAgent to try. I was very excited to let my 5 year old Preschooler try this app. She loves playing games when she is given time to play on the iPad. I loved that this was an app that would allow her to feel like it was fun, and at the same time it was educational. The app is very well thought out. It takes the child through different chapters, teaching different things. At the end of the chapter it allows the child to engage and do some activities. It allows for the parent to decide if the child should move on to the next chapter, or try to master that current chapter. You can check on your child's progress with Learner Mosaic which is very awesome. The problem that we had is that my Preschooler is a girl and she didn't like the fact that the character was a boy. I think that could have been thought about. They could have let you choose a character or at least he could have had a friend in the first chapter that was girl so that all kids could feel engaged. Gender is very important for Preschoolers so that they can feel they really relate to the character in games or movies they are playing and watching. I suggest giving this app a try, it is a great tool for Preschoolers. There is a discount code of TRYLEO to receive 20% off. Give it a try!
Parent of a 4, 4, and 9 year old Written byNickstar69 June 25, 2014

So Interactive

This is a marvelous interactive story that both my twins enjoyed to participate in, it has a parents corner (password protected) so you can view your childs progress. With the option of a different profile for each child, they learn words, colours, numbers and listening skills... Definitely recommend.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byKarencasti March 24, 2014

The best app ever

If you want you child engage in something that will teach him to attend. To understand, to learn colors to follow directions, to keep the attention. Leo's pad is what you need. My son started to play it when he was 3 but he couldn't really understand it well now he is 4 and I downloaded again. He is learning so much language, and the interaction with the characters is amazing he wants more and more. So far is one of the best interactive apps on App store. And free I can't even believe is a free app is simple: is the best app.
Educator and Parent Written byKristinM 1 January 27, 2015

Leo's pad

I received this game free through Buzzagent. My sons are four and five. They both love this app. We homeschool and I plan to make it a part of our lessons. The app is fun but also educational. It teaches math skills, logic, science, about emotions and feelings, and artistic expression. The app will adjust to your child's learning level and has a place for parents to track progress. It is great for preschool kids. Use the code TRYLEO for 20% off!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byEvolgirl March 1, 2015

Awesome Pre-K App!

We got this app for free through BzzAgent about 8 weeks ago. My almost five year old daughter loves it! She plays each chapter multiple times and the nice thing is that it changes slightly based on how she answered previously. It will get progressively more difficult each time she completes the chapter successfully. The way the main character Leo (based on Leonardo DaVinci - as a girl!) talks makes me a little nuts because she uses the term "Cooltacular" a lot! But honestly, that's my only complaint. The graphics are cute, the chapters are a good length for kids this age and it's really engaging. The other neat thing is that you can check on your child's development with the parents companion app. It explains what they worked on, how they did and what could improve. It's a really interesting and interactive set. I would highly recommend.