Parent reviews for Marco Polo Video Walkie Talkie

Video messaging more personal than text; some glitches.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byRich Allcorn September 21, 2016

No provision to correct setup errors

My wife set hers up and for some reason entered my telephone number to add me as a contact. The system was asking for "her" cellphone number, but that wasn't clear. Now I cannot get her name off of my account. There is no provision for corrections on this app. I wouldn't bother ...
Adult Written byDave P. October 23, 2016

HORRIBLE APP - SPAMS YOUR CONTACTS MULTIPLE TIMES!

BEWARE! App will spam all of your contacts!
Adult Written byAlyssa W. January 2, 2017

This is crazy i need help understanding something

I downloaded the marco polo app and for some reason it had a person on there that i have never met and i do not understand why could it be through face book or something because i dont know this person why did marco polo have that person in my marco polo friends???? Please help email me at [email protected] please. Thanks

Grandparent Written byDani J. December 31, 2016

Easy video communication

First off ..m you have to be aware of the option to invite your contacts. Almost every other review on here said that it automatically does it. Not true. If you read it you can see where to opt out. I love grandkid videos, but they don't play well on my phone. Marco Polo lets me instantly send a video or receive and watch a video
Parent Written byBlueidmt February 28, 2018

Spams contacts and is a tool for predators

I had this app on my phone and was using it to talk to a relative out of state. It is a video chat app so we used it to talk back and forth. It keeps your chats on their servers. You can delete them from your end if you remember to. I did not clear my video chats and said a lot of personal things while venting. I changed my phone number. This app requires that you log in with your phone number and then it sends your phone a verification code. I wanted to delete my account from this app but could not do it without my old phone number to receive the text verification code. Multiple emails pleading with support back and forth did nothing. They wouldn't help me delete the account. This means the next person to get my old phone number will be able to view all of my video chats if they add Marco Polo to their phone. The account is tied to the phone number. I'm just waiting for my life to be ruined now if anything I said goes viral as this app contains all of my phone's contacts too as well as my name and email address.
Adult Written bySandy D. February 25, 2018

horrible

My first and only experience with this app is when it started spamming me. It took over several of my friends and family's phones and spammed their whole contact list to download it. It sent these messages without permission from the phone owners. It is like a virus in how it advertises to friends and family if you download it. My sister had all of her contacts spammed including her boss and other co workers. It sent each of us in her contacts 2-5 messages and almost got her fired for spamming her co-workers. It is not worth it and your friends, family, and any other contacts are likely to get annoyed no matter how good the app is or how well it helps you keep in touch with people.

Parent Written byYolanda C. March 12, 2017
I am having technical issues with the sight. I've sent for help on the report and help line. My Marco polo won't allow mgs to respond to the polo's I receive... If you know how to fix this please message me...
Adult Written byKent T. January 2, 2018

Bad

As soon as I signed up, it sent a message to every contact. All I wanted this for was family!
Adult Written byEsther L. May 5, 2018

Very Intrusive!

The app has an email bot that sends a message to those in your contacts (and without letting you know!) Now, I have to send a text to all my work colleagues to explain why I sent them a message with a link to a video. Very intrusive app! And highly unprofessional!

Adult Written byCharlie S. December 29, 2016

Trash app do not use play store won't drop it drop them

Do not use it auto invite to all contacts in phone
Adult Written byMeagan A April 9, 2018

Makes communicating with family easy!

My family loves this app. We have a group chat going with my kids to stay better connected with their grandparents. It's quick and easy to send videos to each other and watch them when we have time. Love the voices and filters too!
Adult Written byJames H. January 31, 2018

Grandpa likes Marco Polo

My daughter invited me to join, texting me a link which led me to sign up. I saw her greeting video, then quickly and easily responded with 3 of my own, learning how to add drawings and text to my video. Fun! At age 72 I mastered Marco Polo in a Jiffy. If I allow my contact list to be accessed, I will be sure to opt out of allowing recruiting. (Thank you other reviewers). I was glad to see that my daughter could automatically see my videos. No send or address necessary. Kudos!

Adult Written bySheila P. April 9, 2018

Great App

This is a great app for having what I think of as "interrupted phone calls." I leave video messages for friends and family members and they can view it at a time and place that is convenient for them. It is a great way to do a quick check in or follow up on previous topics. Very user friendly and I love that it saves past messages so I can go back and review if needed.

Adult Written byCody R. April 9, 2018

Marco Polo is the BEST! ^_^

Marco Polo is a total game-changer in every way. It allows you to chat in real time with your friends, family, and colleagues but also affords you the opportunity to watch and respond at your convenience. This app has been great for me as I move about the country for work (etc.) and want to see my family and friends. I also get to see my cousins and niece grow up too! So wonderful! ^_^ Download it NOW!

Adult Written byLexie A. August 29, 2017

fun

you should let them

Adult Written byShiryl C. April 12, 2018

Great Family Connection

Adult Written byVlada B. April 24, 2018

Best way to stay in touch with family

My family is spread across timezones. We used to have scheduled Skype sessions which felt like a chore because getting my kids to sit still for longer than a few minutes isn't easy. With Marco Polo, my kids and i can chat with our family whenever we want. If they are thinking about my parents or if they are doing something fun, we can share it without worrying about aligning our schedules. I love it!

Adult Written byTerri L. January 1, 2018

thank you if i get my video to my laptop

i have it try it
Adult Written byTimmeh_the_trbl November 27, 2018

Good, but the notifications are a bit much.

The app works just like you'd think - a video walkie-talkie. Got no issues with the functionality. My issue is the notifications. They're out of control. I don't mind getting them when someone is messaging me. But that's really all I need. Not being notified when: someone is using it, someone else is using it, someone is watching my message, and , most annoyingly, who the app thinks I should connect with. If this gets resolved or more control is given on the type of notification to receive, I'll change my review to 5-Stars!

Adult Written byShelley W October 28, 2018

Changed my life!

The Marco Polo app has seriously changed my life! My best friend's live in other states and countries, and without this app we would not be as close today as we are. We are able to chat daily, on our time, because due to different time zones it was too hard to schedule phone calls or Skype. Texting is okay, but with Marco Polo we can see each other's faces and expressions. It really feels like we are together! I also use this app to stay close with family. My kids are able to send Polos to their grandparents and interact with them daily, There isn't a better communication app that I have found!