Flawed port of classic shooter still for adults only.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 April 29, 2012

okay

The story is as overwrought as ever, and the graphics are dated, but if you can get past the control issues, it's a nostalgic trip through gaming history. But even though the game is 11 years old, it's still much too graphic for kids to play.
Parent Written bymack_blazin April 30, 2012

:#

follow me on twitter @mack_blazin lets help each other get more followers ill follow back! (:
Teen, 17 years old Written bySalsander December 22, 2015

Not any more violent than an average shooter

Max Payne is a pretty old shooter, therefore it won't seem as visually graphic today. Enemies are shot with a variety of guns, resulting in a noticeable amount of blood (looks like strawberry jam) but no gore. The death of a family (including a mother and baby) are implied but not explicitly seen. Language is very PG-13 (Hell, Damn, Sh-t). Also, sex is nearly nonexistent. An X-Rated film is mentioned, but no graphic details of it are discussed. In one level, there are some pinups of women, but no nudity. The plot includes drug trafficking by the antagonists, but it's not glamorized roused by the protagonist. Overall Max Payne is a pretty average shooter with some blood.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEsrbFreak June 21, 2014

Good game

Good game for kids 13+ but the gameplay it self is very boring
Parent Written bymasaxo April 27, 2012

Apps

I think its bad it has no educational term for any younger kids. This app i wouldn't recomed to your child its not for kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byDrayoc April 23, 2012

The biggest overeaction on common sense I have ever seen.

Ok so i'm going to clear this up once and for all. The pc version of this game, the original, is EXACTLY the same as the mobile version. On the ESRB rating it only mentions, blood, and violence. Now. Lets clear this up. A four on sex? Are. You. Kidding. If there was any sexual content, it would be mentioned in the ESRB rating. Yes, there is a brief mention of an x rated movie, but all it says, is x rated movie. There's no discussion about it. Now There are a few mentions and glimpses of prostitutes but thats all, but they are all talked about in a bad sense. They're the bad guys. I would give it maybe a two on sex. But trust me they WAY overexagerated on this part. Next four on language? WHAT? There is very infrequent mild language. Every obscinety I can think of? There is only H**l B****rd D**n and one, just ONE use of bulls***. Thats it. Thats all. It's very, infrequent. I would give it a two on language for how infrequent it is. Next up, drugs. Now, yes, the game does revolve around a mythical drug Valkyrie, but your the good guy trying to bring it down! You never use it! Yes you use painkillers, but he's not technicaly abusing them, he's using them because he's in pain. He smokes once, at the very beginning of the game, and he even promises it will be his last time. I would give it a three on drugs for the game revolving around the drug your trying to bring down. Now, the violence was the only thing they didn't exagerate about. it deffinently deserves a four. You, the good guy, are constantly shooting bad guys, its the point of the game. There is blood, but not nearly as much as in the pc version. Its not that bad, though I would keep younger kids away just becuase of the blood. It's got some pretty graphic blood and isn't not for little kids. There isn't any bullet wounds or anything, just blood. But, keep in mind, just because it has blood doesnt mean it's inappropriate for everyone. Overall, big overeaction on common senses part. You are the good guy trying to bring down a drug deal. The mild language and mentions of prostitutes can be skipped because it's only in the cut scenes. ESRB got it right. The only really iffy thing about this game is the blood and violence. Still, parents, be carefull about who you let play this. It's definently not for younger kids. Overall it's a very well done and intense game. I deffinently recommend to anyone fifteen and up, maybe a little younger if you can handle some blood.