All member reviews for Minecraft - Pocket Edition

Worthy spin-off of popular PC game encourages creativity.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byTalbond January 15, 2012

Really Common Sense Media?

Really Common Sense? Really? This game is in Alpha, and was rushed out due to high demand. The game is already loved by many, and it's next update will have Survival. I lost my trust Common Sense.
Parent Written byhelper + April 7, 2012

good

i love this to fun
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2012

MINECRAFT, but Pocket Edition

u should get the pc verison its better gamerquinn is out
Parent Written bymom2punkynbear January 9, 2013

LEARNING

My kids LOVE this game. I love that they love it!!! Shhh!

My 5&7yo boys have built several unimaginable worlds on this game. Though the game is grainy and boxy, I am surprised at how much they learned to do with it all on their own. The game makes me motion sick, so they have had to learn it all on their own. There was a bit of a learning curve but once my 7yo figured it all out he readily tutored his brother in anything he needed help with. The game has also helped to reinforce our boundaries at home. In our house a sibling is not allowed to enter the room of another sibling without permission. This rule has been adapted to include the entering each others worlds on the game. To hear them working together in each others worlds and working out their minor differences while doing so has been great. The practice of asking permission to enter a world, has actually transferred to them always asking before entering each others bedroom...ALWAYS since the game. Amazing thing for this household as I have been working on this concept for 3 years with them in the home. Even in survival mode the screen is so grainy and boxy there is no real scare to it for them, and my 5yo is the easy to frighten type who is prone to nightmares (not one issue even with a month of playing this). The monsters just blink an orangey red color before being vanquished. The food sources do the same before they are assumed to be consumed. Our only down side is the limit of 2 hours of screen time (which they must earn). They would play this game day and night without pause to eat if we let them. But we are very strict about screen time. The best part is that even this drawback has an awesome slip side. Our kids readily and happily EARN their screen time through completing chores without complaint and good behavior in general. They have been the best behaved little creatures ever. Any start of a ruckus need only a quick reminder that if they cannot work it out peacefully, they will not earn screen time. LOVE IT!
Parent Written byerinw2 October 27, 2014

Killing animals is not fun

Educator and Parent Written byMediaXpert April 13, 2014

Wonderful Game; Lacks Content

THE GAME: Minecraft is a game where the player mines, crafts things, (hence the name), and builds anything they want. There are no tutorials, no limits, no missions, no cutscenes, and no actual ending. RATING: Minecraft is a five star game. It is wonderful idea and an awesome game, engaging for kids and adults. It fosters creativity and resourcefulness. The problem is: PE lacks the content that the PC and XBox versions have. It is being updated, but at an (annoyingly) slow pace. AGE: Rated ON for 6 and up for: Mild fantasy violence. This game has no dialouge, and everything is made of blocks. It is devoid of everything but some very mild fantasy violence: there is no blood, and it is NO WHERE near being graphic. The violence is infrequent as well. Online accessibility is always an issue; that's a given!
Teen, 17 years old Written byLargoAllegroModerato March 2, 2012

Common Sense, maybe you should actually play these games

It's in early development, so have a little patience. Geese.
Written byAnonymous March 23, 2014

Awesome!

I play this game all of the time, and it is wonderful. It allows you to indulge your inner-mind in a world of awesomeness and creativity.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysherlock_h October 9, 2012

your review is out of date! its getting better!!!

Its getting MUCH BETTER!!! they are adding so much, this review is so out f date it makes me mad that its still on the site!!!! its a decent game now, and its getting better. update this review.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

Really? No, really, REALLY?

Give it a little time CommonSense, the game is in alpha and receiving heavy updates. Soon this WILL be minecraft singleplayer for the iphone, tablet etc... But, Come on. DON'T post a review yet -_- Not to mention, I'd still give it a 3 star, and I haven't even played it. But i've seen footage. Good day.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

LEARNING

Great, however, scary ghost "Herobrine"

Great for young kids, however, a ghostly character "Herobrine" (Default Steveskin with glowing white eyes) is in this version of the game (Alpha). He makes various scary things such as buildings and "Herobrine Animals" happen in your world before officially making his appearance, killing you, and screwing up all the stuff you made. The drama leading up to his appearance may be too scary for some kids.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 5, 2012

minecraft pocket edition

be more to do -- especially at this high price.
Parent Written byEstellasMama July 14, 2013

I guess maybe if you like it...

Yeah, pocket edition isn't the same. The new update is ok, and it costs 7 bucks. The only entertaining thing to do is build a farm. But you have to build the building and that kinda sometimes sucks. A kid I know was playing on survival. He was really good at fighting mobs, but all of a sudden the game glitches, sending 4 creepers for him to deal with. I always try to turn on Peaceful, but the new update makes that impossible. Try the computer version or watch some tutorials for Pocket edition, even if they aren't even good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr huu April 23, 2013

Good

Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode! You can get one too! >> minecraftcodes.me <<
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2013

LEARNING

Worthy if you want to find luck and create an imagination.

Why I said that, exactly? This game has some up's and so-so's. First, the nether block was added, the minecraft game is getting engaging and strong on focus (like, I didn't say it but luck). The bottom line most likely, you have to see this app yourself. It still didn't have TNT lighting (flint and steel) on creative mode. See this game yourself if you want. Creepers, Skeletons, Spiders, and Zombies are added and will start to kill you in every luck they have (it depends) and you kill them with either a sword, or a bow. Plus, you have armor now, it takes a lot of mining in order to wear full armor. Good creations, some violence, to be warned.
Kid, 9 years old February 16, 2013

Minecraft

I love this game. It is fun to build things and mine. For kids 7 and under, I recommend only creative mode, but 8 and up should be allowed to do survival. If you let your younger child do survival, I recommend putting the setting on "Peaceful Mode" (no monsters at night.)
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2013

LEARNING

Very Good Game!!! Better than PC.

I personally think this game is better for kids than the PC version. Mostly because their isn't as much online activity and they can't connect with potentially dangerous people unless they are in the same space as someone else playing it. This gamee promotes creativy and is just plain fun. There is pretty much no violence unless you count hitting creatures with swords and the screen saying 'you died' as violence. Buy this game, I just got the newest update and it's getting better and better!
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2012

this is for kids 9 and up

its awesome im 10 and i love it
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2012

THREE STARS?!?!?

Three stars? THREE STARS?!?!? Minecraft PE is an amazing game. I always use it to post my designs and castles on Instagram. Very rewarding. Lots of followers. But thats not the point. Minecraft PE is a great game if you know how to use it. The split touch controls are ridiculously hard, so remember to change that in settings before playing. But overall, Minecraft PE is a wonderful addition to the computer game (if not more addicting)
Teen, 13 years old Written by3LiTE July 19, 2012

A review of a good game

A quite popular gem on the app store/google play for basically any age. It's gameplay is not like the PC version we all know and love, yet. It has been progressing quickly though and it's only in 0.3.2 alpha and already has tools, zombies, survival mode and DIAMONDS!!! Really worth £5