All parent member reviews for Minecraft - Pocket Edition

Parent Written byhelper + April 7, 2012

good

i love this to fun
Parent Written bymom2punkynbear January 9, 2013

LEARNING

My kids LOVE this game. I love that they love it!!! Shhh!

My 5&7yo boys have built several unimaginable worlds on this game. Though the game is grainy and boxy, I am surprised at how much they learned to do with it all on their own. The game makes me motion sick, so they have had to learn it all on their own. There was a bit of a learning curve but once my 7yo figured it all out he readily tutored his brother in anything he needed help with. The game has also helped to reinforce our boundaries at home. In our house a sibling is not allowed to enter the room of another sibling without permission. This rule has been adapted to include the entering each others worlds on the game. To hear them working together in each others worlds and working out their minor differences while doing so has been great. The practice of asking permission to enter a world, has actually transferred to them always asking before entering each others bedroom...ALWAYS since the game. Amazing thing for this household as I have been working on this concept for 3 years with them in the home. Even in survival mode the screen is so grainy and boxy there is no real scare to it for them, and my 5yo is the easy to frighten type who is prone to nightmares (not one issue even with a month of playing this). The monsters just blink an orangey red color before being vanquished. The food sources do the same before they are assumed to be consumed. Our only down side is the limit of 2 hours of screen time (which they must earn). They would play this game day and night without pause to eat if we let them. But we are very strict about screen time. The best part is that even this drawback has an awesome slip side. Our kids readily and happily EARN their screen time through completing chores without complaint and good behavior in general. They have been the best behaved little creatures ever. Any start of a ruckus need only a quick reminder that if they cannot work it out peacefully, they will not earn screen time. LOVE IT!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 5, 2012

minecraft pocket edition

be more to do -- especially at this high price.
Adult Written bysimpsonsfan22 April 13, 2015

Great game

Great game learning brain game you can build anything on creative and on survival recourses are different. It's great
Parent Written byerinw2 October 27, 2014

Killing animals is not fun

Educator and Parent Written byMediaXpert April 13, 2014

Wonderful Game; Lacks Content

THE GAME: Minecraft is a game where the player mines, crafts things, (hence the name), and builds anything they want. There are no tutorials, no limits, no missions, no cutscenes, and no actual ending. RATING: Minecraft is a five star game. It is wonderful idea and an awesome game, engaging for kids and adults. It fosters creativity and resourcefulness. The problem is: PE lacks the content that the PC and XBox versions have. It is being updated, but at an (annoyingly) slow pace. AGE: Rated ON for 6 and up for: Mild fantasy violence. This game has no dialouge, and everything is made of blocks. It is devoid of everything but some very mild fantasy violence: there is no blood, and it is NO WHERE near being graphic. The violence is infrequent as well. Online accessibility is always an issue; that's a given!