All teen and kid member reviews for Minecraft - Pocket Edition

Teen, 13 years old Written byTalbond January 15, 2012

Really Common Sense Media?

Really Common Sense? Really? This game is in Alpha, and was rushed out due to high demand. The game is already loved by many, and it's next update will have Survival. I lost my trust Common Sense.
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2012

MINECRAFT, but Pocket Edition

u should get the pc verison its better gamerquinn is out
Kid, 9 years old February 16, 2013

Minecraft

I love this game. It is fun to build things and mine. For kids 7 and under, I recommend only creative mode, but 8 and up should be allowed to do survival. If you let your younger child do survival, I recommend putting the setting on "Peaceful Mode" (no monsters at night.)
Teen, 17 years old Written byLargoAllegroModerato March 2, 2012

Common Sense, maybe you should actually play these games

It's in early development, so have a little patience. Geese.
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2013
LEARNING

Very Good Game!!! Better than PC.

I personally think this game is better for kids than the PC version. Mostly because their isn't as much online activity and they can't connect with potentially dangerous people unless they are in the same space as someone else playing it. This gamee promotes creativy and is just plain fun. There is pretty much no violence unless you count hitting creatures with swords and the screen saying 'you died' as violence. Buy this game, I just got the newest update and it's getting better and better!
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013
LEARNING

Great, however, scary ghost "Herobrine"

Great for young kids, however, a ghostly character "Herobrine" (Default Steveskin with glowing white eyes) is in this version of the game (Alpha). He makes various scary things such as buildings and "Herobrine Animals" happen in your world before officially making his appearance, killing you, and screwing up all the stuff you made. The drama leading up to his appearance may be too scary for some kids.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2013
LEARNING

Worthy if you want to find luck and create an imagination.

Why I said that, exactly? This game has some up's and so-so's. First, the nether block was added, the minecraft game is getting engaging and strong on focus (like, I didn't say it but luck). The bottom line most likely, you have to see this app yourself. It still didn't have TNT lighting (flint and steel) on creative mode. See this game yourself if you want. Creepers, Skeletons, Spiders, and Zombies are added and will start to kill you in every luck they have (it depends) and you kill them with either a sword, or a bow. Plus, you have armor now, it takes a lot of mining in order to wear full armor. Good creations, some violence, to be warned.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysherlock_h October 9, 2012

your review is out of date! its getting better!!!

Its getting MUCH BETTER!!! they are adding so much, this review is so out f date it makes me mad that its still on the site!!!! its a decent game now, and its getting better. update this review.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

Really? No, really, REALLY?

Give it a little time CommonSense, the game is in alpha and receiving heavy updates. Soon this WILL be minecraft singleplayer for the iphone, tablet etc... But, Come on. DON'T post a review yet -_- Not to mention, I'd still give it a 3 star, and I haven't even played it. But i've seen footage. Good day.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2012

this is for kids 9 and up

its awesome im 10 and i love it
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014
LEARNING

Play computer addition instead.

The real Minecraft is better because it has more stuff.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

GET IT FOR FREE

I got it for free download vshare it allows you to download games for free
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2014

Best App

I think this app is appropriate for ages 3 and up, because it seems like a nice game to play and you can turn off the monsters from coming with the difficulty select. Overall, great app.
Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2014
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander February 19, 2014

Decent Block-Building Game

Minecraft PE is an ok building game that has little to no violence. You can play one of two game modes: Creative and Survival. In creative mode you can not die and build anything you want from an unlimited supply of blocks. Neat-o. Nothing mature here. Then there's survival mode. In this mode you must collect recourses to build your shelter and must survive monsters in the night. The monsters are more comical due to their blocky textures and include pretty bizarre characters (you have your usual skeletons, zombies, and spiders but also have unique character such as creepers [creatures that blow themselves up] and endermen [a tall monster that can teleport around the map]). You can kill these creatures with swords/bow and arrows, but there is no blood (they only jump back from hits) and disappear instantly when they become deceased. If you play in the multiplayer mode, you can kill human characters, but they have the same mild death animation. I would allow a four year old to play creative mode, but I would recommend survival mode only for kids aged six and up due to some mild violence
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander February 19, 2014

The Number One Block-Building Game

Minecraft PE is a great building/survival game with minimal violence. You can play one of two game modes: Creative and Survival. In creative mode you can not die and build anything you want from an unlimited supply of blocks. Neat-o. Nothing mature here. Then there's survival mode. In this mode you must collect recourses to build your shelter and must survive monsters in the night. The monsters are more comical due to their blocky textures and include pretty bizarre characters (you have your usual skeletons, zombies, and spiders but also have unique character such as creepers [creatures that blow themselves up] and endermen [a tall monster that can teleport around the map]). You can kill these creatures with swords/bow and arrows, but there is no blood (they only jump back from hits) and disappear instantly when they become deceased. If you play in the multiplayer mode, you can kill human characters, but they have the same mild death animation. I would allow a four year old to play creative mode, but I would recommend survival mode only for kids aged six and up due to some mild violence.
Kid, 9 years old November 16, 2013

Great game!

I love Minecraft! Awesome!
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Disappointing

Minecraft: Pocket Edition is a disappointing app version of the PC, Mac and Linux Classic sandbox game, Minecraft. Although users may not have access to online servers, so there is no worries about privacy or swearing, the single-player gameplay is extremely disappointing.
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2013

Monster Mode Sucks A Little Bit.

It is a good game. the monster mode I am worried about one time i saw a zomibe in the window and i didn't want to come out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 15, 2013

Addicting

It's a great app! It's perfect for people who want to build their own structures and towns. The only problem is it's addicting. My whole family plays and loves it! But don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic app perfect for all ages.