All member reviews for Minecraft - Pocket Edition

Worthy spin-off of popular PC game encourages creativity.

Parent Written bysimpsonsfan22 April 13, 2015

Great game

Great game learning brain game you can build anything on creative and on survival recourses are different. It's great
Teen, 16 years old Written by_.JINX._ April 1, 2015
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2015

Really fun.

Minecraft: Pocket Edition is fun, but it can be addicting. It doesn't have all the features of PC Minecraft, but it's still pretty fun. They'll add all the features eventually.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2015

Minecraft - Pocket Edition

Minecraft Pocket Edition is the Mobile version Of Minecraft It teaches Children to be creative and is suitable for all in creative mode however survival mode has sight of monsters and spiders you can fight them with swords however this is not graphic it's blocky and they turn red (Not Blood) it's a punch effect and the fall over however this is not graphic it's rather comic and extremely unrealistic as there made with blocks but survival does teach lessens of using you resources over all it's a great kids game and is not to violent and very appealing another issue is not violence or any other content but ease of play for very young children it's hard to move, around, fly or see (Because Of Camera Angles) But You will learn In the end so I say creative - 2 Survival - 6 minecraft pe - 6+
Adult Written byLance420117 December 7, 2014
Kid, 9 years old December 24, 2013

Minecraft is AWESOME!

I thought this game sucked until I played it more. Then I was even more good than I am on the computer! I put privacy only for one reason: Players have nothing when they join your game. So you could disconnect, or have some fun and chase the player(s). This is pretty educational. For example: They're are Diamonds. Not crazy ruby junk thats like magical. So I say this a decent game. Oh and it might be a bit scary. Only because some zombies have snuck up on me. Including 2 creepers (1 i saw the other i did not). But yep, this game is awesome!
Kid, 9 years old November 16, 2013

Great game!

I love Minecraft! Awesome!
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2013

Watch out for monsters!

All time, double-favorite app since 2012. You can use swords to kill monsters such a creepers before they explode. Endermen can teleport and have really good eyesight. My point is, this is an educational app that teaches kids to be creative and gather material to make whatever they want! A hotel, a cruise, a treehouse, you name it, it can be built! Plus the nether, which I like to call Hell. You can destroy Zombie Pigmen, which is a bit inappropriate for very young kids. Just be careful not to fall into the lava, or you'll lose all your weapons and potions!
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2016

Fun building game gives kids-- or teenagers-- a taste of adventure and architecture!

Minecraft is now available for phones and tablets! Minecraft Pocket Edition-- or PE-- is a spinoff of the popular computer/gaming devices game which is slightly slower-- but it is still as good as the normal game. There is some violence in the game-- enemies can go up in smoke, people can set on fire, etc.-- but there is nothing extremely violent or graphic. There is no sex, but there are no boundaries on what you can say in the chat room. As for learning, you can build huge structures which would normally take hours, days, months, or years to construct-- in just a few minutes or hours. All in all, four out of five stars. Good job, Mojang!
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2015

Best. Game. EVER.

BudderPug's Review: I grew up playing this game with my sibling, and we both loved it! We would always get so excited when an update would come out. (Each update makes the game more advanced) This is an amazing sandbox style game to get creative with, I recommend it highly.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichael Ryan Metzger August 13, 2015

Minecraft Pocket Edition

Minecraft PE is a new adaption of the famous PC game, only put into android and iPhone compatibility. This game is just like the PC version. You build, explore, and fight monsters from time to time. But, some features are not included in this version, like certain maps, mods, or gameplay mechanics. However, you can still change skins and make your own worlds, and the game still has multiplayer mode. It is fun, but the game can be very challenging when the player is in survival mode. Monsters will arrive over night, such as Creepers, zombies, skeletons, and giant spiders. If the player is seen, they will then be pursued by monsters until out of sight. Players can be blown up, shot by arrows, fall from high areas, or eaten by zombies, but it is gore-free. When the player dies, the screen will go red. Although, the player can protect themselves by crafting weapons, as in the PC version. Houses, however, are a necessity. This game does not focus on violence. The main point is to build things, explore worlds, and survive the night. A perfect block-style sandbox game for ages 11 and up.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byalexander@thund... November 18, 2015

Too many Vulgar langguages..

i dont know any good for Learning for this MINECRAFT game but what i heard is VULGAR languages (in chinese) and they seems like enjoying themselves making jokes FULL of Vulgar languages.. im not sure which version of MINECRAFT game but i would be very grateful if the Media can take some action on it.. THANKS..
Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2015

Minecraft rocks

GREAT game. Educational, but on some servers parents should turn off chat because some people post bad words and things like "do you want to have sex" YES, THESE SERVERS DO USE FILTERS ON CHAT, BUT SOME PEOPLE MOVE AROUND THESE RULES. But overall, mine craft is awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDIYsweetpeach August 25, 2015

Minecraft

Very fun game for kids ages 10 and up. Make shore before letting your kids play, they understand the cycle of Life and make sure there ok with the killing of animals.
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2015

Beginner's Minecraft

I play PC and PE but PE is probably the easiest to control and best to actually play on, but, PC is way too complicated and the whole End and Nether is not even educational! It's just a survial-builder game! The only thing I do on MC PC is just find server ip's and play servers! So yeah any 6+ kids who wants a fun surival creative builder game just download Minecraft PE! It's all worth it for price! Plus new update March 16th so yay!
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2014

Minecraft

The game is great with no true inappropriate things
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014

Play computer addition instead.

The real Minecraft is better because it has more stuff.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2014

A wonderful game!!!

I think Minecraft is a wonderful game that is appropriate for everyone. I don't understand why people are saying that violence is an issue. Sure, you can kill other things and if you're on survival mode you can get killed, but there's no blood involved. As for safety, you can only join games if you are in the same Wi-Fi range, so its not an issue. Even though the game doesn't come with any instructions, most people can figure it out pretty easily. Overall, I think its a fun game for all ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHussain770 December 28, 2015

Addicting

This game has no bad language.No bad scenes. Good for 5 and up
Adult Written byNathanielH 1 November 9, 2015

MCPE Review

Minecraft the game that it’s original name Cave Game made Notch (the creator of Minecraft) have to change the name to Minecraft because it had 0 buyers that bought the game, but today we’re talking about Minecraft Pocket Edition. In MCPE you can have unlimited players on a local multiplayer server but a limited amount of players in an online server and remember kids the #1 rule in Minecraft is never dig strait down you could land in a deep cave entrance where you fall to your death or land in an underground lava pool and melt to death. The #2 rule is never dig strait up because you could suffocate in sand or gravel or find a lava pool in a cave or above ground or drown. In all Minecraft versions you have two options to choose from Creative or Survival. In creative you have all resources and can fly and you can’t die; in survival you have limited resources and have to survive the night by defending yourself from monsters (mobs) and make sure you get food fast because now you have a hunger bar in MCPE. There are 4 difficulties Peaceful, Easy, Medium and Hard each of these have different things happen in the game. In peaceful there aren’t any mobs; in easy you don’t get badly damaged but you still take damage; in medium it’s a little bit harder; in hard there’s baby zombies and zombies can break down doors.