Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Adult Written byJohn1973 December 7, 2018

It's a good app if you trust your kids

I don't know what all these other people are talking about the app is fine yes there are swearing and some sexual content but number one you can restrict most stuff and second I don't know how much you trust your kids but I trust mine and if you trust your kids then it's fine and third you can see what there doing by getting there password so say I'm crazy but if you have a trust worthy 11 or older child then it is totally fine in my opinion

Adult Written byconcerned mother2019 January 21, 2019

Upset and frustrated

My daughter is 10 she downloaded this app it looks harmless but I seen her dancing sexuall cussing and acting like she was an adult, 169 followers mostly men. Please do not let your little babies on this site.

Adult Written byShelbienikole January 15, 2019

What a joke!

I am 28 and posted a cute video of my daughter and me (she was in a diaper) and they reported it as nudity.. Yet a 15 yr old girl can be there on half naked cussing with her tits out!
Adult Written byitishree baral November 29, 2018

Good and all things will be not good some negative effect will be there.

Tiktok App is good infact it's fabulous to make your video or make your aim fulfill by making this type of small but full of acting joyful video. But the main thing disappointing me that i.e. a school girl and boys are making video in the school like many of the below 15 years girls as well boys are making romantic videos. Tik tok aap should have some privacy like Facebook, instagram so that videos of girls and boys will safe.
Adult Written byMegan1.. November 24, 2018

This app and it's user's are horrible. You are allowing kid's to cuss, show how to smoke and roll blunts. This needs to be censored just like Facebook and other social media sites. This os teaching our youth bad thing's. Take control or shut it down. What it started out as is not what it is now. Cussing, FIGHTING, bulling other kid's or user's is not right.

Do not let your children on this site.
Adult Written byFfddhg February 9, 2019

Tik Tok is completely okay!

It’s completely fine!!

Adult Written byTom B. February 8, 2019

Sexual predators are on this app.

There are MANY older men on this app doing inappropriate responses to CHILDRENS videos it is disgusting. These men are not only being sexual towards kids under the age of 18 over video but also through comments this app needs to fix this or just shut down. For a good example of a predator of this app look up @thebudday on google.

Adult Written byLily_CatPeoples February 2, 2019

Tik took isn’t that bad..... If you handle it correctly

People think Tik Tok is a bad app when it is not if you handle it correctly. If I have kids one day, I will let them have Tik Tok, if they handle it correctly. But in some videos there is some swearing and sexually active stuff like nudity, and lyrics connected to sex. If my kid would show me that he/she wasn’t responsible with this app, I would make them delete the app immediately. But to my opinion, Tik Tok is also an app where friends can communicate with each other and have a great experience on it.

Parent Written byml. February 1, 2019

Jury is out - I will give it a go

This app is addictive for sure. The videos are cute. I took this as an opportunity to discuss social media safety as she wanted this app bad. We had set her up with an email ages ago without her name in it and discussed usernames, telling the world which school you go to and showing her how to keep a distance from the public. I have set up the digital wellbeing section on it. I left the screen time but I am hoping it will filter inappropriate videos. Made it friends only and kept it a private account. We discussed how lame and desperate people are to get heaps of likes from strangers. It's about being social and being a good friend. Wish me luck as this is new territory for me and I don't pretend to have the answers.

Adult Written byNicoleD 5 January 29, 2019

I've Used it Before

I think it depends on the kid and the parent. For me, it was all fun , but I would lip sync to inappropriate songs without even knowing! When I had it there were constantly videos with people trying to be attractive by striking inappropriate poses. Even if you have a private account, it doesn't help! I did, and let a random person follow. He turned out to be a friend of mine's big brother, who ended up showing everyone my cringey videos! I was so embarrassed. That is why i suggest this to 16 YEAR OLDS!

Adult Written byPhXntom January 28, 2019

Horrible

Cringy as hell, dumb app. Just plain bad, go to reddit and they can give more elaboration.

Adult Written byRose113 January 22, 2019

Waste of time

Tiktok says they are violence free, nudity free, and self harm free. But they aren't. Cuz I see it all over and girls with their breasts almost hanging out and a lot of people using real handguns and they don't get in trouble. But the one time I use a fake prop with permission from the other person to do a duet, mine gets taken down and says that I violated their guidelines. So they pick favorites apparently and it's unfair. So I wouldn't waste your time.

Adult Written byGoldie101 January 20, 2019

Great!

I’ve had no problems with this app whatsoever!! Completely child friendly!!
Adult Written byHallopeople2043 December 13, 2018

Careful

This app does have some inappropriate content, put used properly, you can block and report the inappropriate users to the company. I would still recommend checking your kids profile once in a while to see who their fans are ( go to their profile and click fans ). If there is anyone that you find suspicious, you should block them. My kid has been using musically for almost 6 years now, and has been very responsible when posting on the app. I would also make sure that your child has a private account, so only people they know can view their content.

Adult Written byAlisonWonderlandis1 November 26, 2018

Dumb and Dumber

TRASH, unless u want drunk kids don't get it, and if you do let them have it then they'll be drunk one day and they'll start swearing, trust me its happened to my cousin's friend. My cousin has it, and its dumb first its musicaly that's bad, now this, get Instagram or snapchat, and btw, if you are planning/already have Instagram follow meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Adult Written byTara2018CA November 26, 2018

They take advantage of kids

I got my 10yr old and iPad and apple pen for her birthday and I got her an iTunes card to use for new apps and on TikTok you have older teens asking kids to send drama queens or other characters 5 to 50$ you send him a $100 for a duo and kids are doing I hope that their parents know the kids sending money look so young and it’s wrong kids shouldn’t solicit other kids for money to get their videos liked it’s wrong

Adult Written byDank Daddio November 20, 2018

This app is so horrfic it inspired me to write a poem...

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me Mama, just killed a man Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead Mama, life had just begun But now I've gone and thrown it all away Mama, ooh, didn't mean to make you cry If I'm not back again this time tomorrow Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters Too late, my time has come Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth Mama, ooh, (Any way the wind blows) I don't wanna die I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all I see a little silhouetto of a man Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me (Galileo) Galileo, (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro magnifico I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me He's just a poor boy from a poor family Spare him his life from this monstrosity Easy come, easy go, will you let me go? Bismillah! No, we will not let you go (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go (Let me go) Will not let you go (Let me go) Will not let you go (Let me go) Ah No, no, no, no, no, no, no (Oh mamma mia, mamma mia) Mamma mia, let me go Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me!

Adult Written byjarjarbottombionks November 20, 2018

ok for old men but not ok for young ones

Tik Tok is an app on a machine opn the moble deviced it is a camera autism devise that gives you uncontrobleable autism

Adult Written byHey its A November 3, 2018

DIGUSTING!

if you want yourself/others to become 12 year old hoes then this is the app for you! do not let your kids get this app! its full of tweens ''belly dancing'' and doing inappropriate stuff! im not even overreacting! its also filled with 50 year old creeps doing teenager stuff! if you let your kids download this, you are seriously a disgrace! dont let your kids watch danielle cohn (the 12 year old ''belly dancer'' with an 18 year old boy friend) of jacob sartorious (the cringiest f boy ever to be seen!).

Adult Written byAkhilesh1234 October 13, 2018