Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2019

Fun, but not for kids

Sexual themes, language, and privacy concerns. Fun, but this app ain’t for youngins’

Teen, 14 years old Written byTherealdirtydan December 27, 2018

Simply disgusting

Cringey and sad. Probably will be the end of humanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCloudtail December 20, 2018

Use discretion

This is a good app for people who are at least 13. There is an age recommendation for the app for a reason. Beware, there is swearing. Use discretion with what you do on this app and you will be fine.

Kid, 8 years old December 15, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written byhohni December 11, 2018

Less mature then YouTube

If you let your kids watch YouTube at all, this app is fine for them
Teen, 13 years old Written byRealUprisingYT December 10, 2018

Haven't tried yet, but does have memes with swearing

Does have lots of videos with swear words but is basically recommended for age 13+ because it says it in the T&C's and Privacy Policy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMage_Rage December 4, 2018
It's Greattttttttt!!!

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2018
The Tik Tok app is truly a stigma magnet, its like if stigma put on clothes and started walking. I looked it up, they had a "stripping" challenge and i don't feel like this is for kids. Also, the Tik Tok app is just a ball of stigma that keeps growing!

Teen, 17 years old Written bySophia5666 November 19, 2018

Lily pie

I think it is not safe but i want to check it out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittenPupper November 17, 2018

This is mainly for parents..

TikTok was originally musical.ly. Lately, there hasn’t been nearly as much bad content as parents are saying. Yes, there is swearing. And yes, if you look hard enough, you can find inappropriate content. But you really have to look. As long as you have a responsible kid who won’t keep looking into that stuff it’s fine. I don’t even have a private account and I’ve never had a single person message me about anything.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybob234 November 17, 2018

12 up

Teen, 13 years old Written byIceWallowCome69 November 15, 2018

If you want to get TikTok, read this!

Alright, so you want TikTok, right? Well, Just so you know, IM ALREADY TRACER!

Teen, 14 years old Written byGgeea17 November 15, 2018

furries

furries r on this app so it suck

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2018

PARENTS MUST READ THIS!

I got musical.ly or tik tok a little while back. I was so excited to follow my friends, and make videos of my own. After a couple of days, I had 20 follow requests from complete strangers. Being only 10 years old, I freaked out and denied the requests. The next day, the same accounts had requested to follow me again! One day after school, I was at a friends house and she told me that her account was on public mode, and she had SO MANY followers, a total of 130. She was only 9 at the time. I asked if her parents knew and she said no, they didn't even know she had the app. After only 4 days of owning this app, I decided to disable my account. I googled how to, and apparently, YOU CAN'T! I deleted the app, but my account will always be up, and just because you're on private, doesn't mean you safe. Also, my friend told me that she deleted the app too, because her followers started messaging her late at night, and it scared her. Please don't let this happen to your kids. This is a messed up app and no kid deserves to be put out in a world of creeps. I got this app because all my friends had it, but none of us knew that our privacy was at stake. Don't risk your kid's privacy. Please don't.

Teen, 13 years old Written byciaranicoleriley November 7, 2018

this is the best thing that I ever had

I think it so fun and amazing
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessicaForrester November 6, 2018

Jessica

it is only where you sing and you can add people and text.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoLord424 October 22, 2018

It's Tik Tok, what did you expect

Tik Tok is a piece of trash app where people think that they're really cool for lip syncing dumb videos but they're just so dumb. Don't bother with this app, you really look stupid by doing this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTalia ok October 20, 2018

OMG

This is a really good app that helps you keep in contact with friends, you make videos with editing and you post or save privately. This app is also really good at time killing.!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byFrancoisCarpentier October 11, 2018

MOST DISGUSTING, CORRUPT APP I'VE EVER COME ACROSS.

The company that owns this censored a youtuber who made only a slightly critical video about this app. Looking through comment sections on videos about this app, you will find the most disturbing confessions from users about the things they find on this app. This is owned by a corrupt company in China, where challenges to the powerful have resulted in such things such as the massacre in Tainamen Square. Should you use this app if you're a kid, you will certainly be contacted by a pedophile. So many of them on this site! That should not be surprising as the most popular girls on this app are underage and wear skimpy clothing (sometimes NO clothing I've heard) and so much makeup. They lip sync to sexual songs. Some also practice self harm on this app... Letting your kids use this app would be the same as letting your kids spend time at the devil's house. So many pedos on this app doing very disgusting things. The "privacy" settings on this app are a joke, too. My generation is screwed

Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2018

Gets really bad

My younger sister had already got into bad content. My sister is so distracted by this boring Music service.