Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2019

Mostly good

There can be some teen content like inappropriate jokes and swearing. It’s mostly for fun. It’s not sexual. You can have your account private which means you can accept and decline follow requests. It’s for jokes and laughs. There’s Direct Messages but for “friends” only which means people can only message you if you’re following them and they’re following you. You can also turn off comments.

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe maker of di... September 9, 2019

DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN HAVE THIS!!!!

I am a teenager and I think this app is not okay and you should not let any child under 16 have this the reason why is...... when you scroll down and look at the videos it can show anything and your child can't moderate it, and at any point and time the child could click on not private so if your child ever asks just look at them and say NO you don't want them looking at something they shouldn't.

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebekahthepotato September 7, 2019

good app

I have a 9 year old sister and she has Tiktok. I had it when I was 11 , there was a little bit of swearing but there is restricted mode but I also heard swearing and also people are barely wearing anything but otherwise, it's a good app.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRHCP_arcadium August 31, 2019

IDK man..

I just got it and their is a lot of vaping and inappropriate stuff. I mean, seriously. Made for kids? Nah, you need parent permission first.

Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2019

Gets inappropriate

TikTok is fine and safe and long as your account is on private (which means only people you accept as a follower can view your account) and I don’t recommend letting anyone under 16 get a public account) But here is the main concern! Your child can be exposed to inappropriate content and can also use sounds with swear words or references to you know what! So if you agree to let your child use this app then I recommend sitting next to them to assure that they aren’t being exposed to anything inappropriate or doing these things themselves! Thank you to those who took time to read this!

Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2019

Be sensible

The app is really fun and I love be creative on it. I think it's a sensible age to let your 11 year olds on but only if that are sensible and they understand that you do not watch (purposely) inapropriot content and use sensible sounds. Other then that havr fun and over all really fun app.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2019

noooooooooo play

horrible do not play

Teen, 16 years old Written byZzqqw201 July 25, 2019

Glit up

I love it and it is the best

Teen, 13 years old Written byWorld rights July 24, 2019

What i think of tik tok

Well ive had this apo since music.ly and well music.ly actually cared about young peoples mental health. Well this app doesn't tik tok recently posted an add saying that "being cool isn't good enough" well i think that ad has ruined young people's esteem also this app is very addicting now i spend 3 hrs or more a day i hate it i used to spend about 5 minutes there is no help for a addiction or anything this app has deleted all my videos for "breaking the guidlines" this app also cat fisjes and click bates i think this app is crap tbh but i cant leave its just so addicting. I can't just delete it either it wastes all my data

Teen, 13 years old Written byBethan painter July 19, 2019

Anger teen

This app is extremely annoying I cried to create an account and I use all the ages and every time it said I am On eligible for the app thanks anyway
Now o have deleted this app and I hope that however made it feel bad
Teen, 13 years old Written bygracylowe July 16, 2019

Depends on the kid

I just turned 13 but i’ve Had the app since the app was musical.ly and the app does have lots of videos with cuss words but most likely if your child goes to public so or probably even private or when they walk out of the door of your house to go to a friends house they are most likely going to hear way worse things and if you don’t believe that kids should act like that or do then as long as you trust your child let them have the app but you can download on your own phone and logging to there own account anytime as long as you know the password by logging into your child’s account you can see previous messages your child has received or sent you can see the videos they have been liking, there followers and the videos your kids are following and the videos they’ve been posting i recommend setting up the account to your phone number so you can change the password anytime you please and don’t have to worry about your child changing it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylizzie.k July 12, 2019

Not like Musical.ly at all

i’ve had this app since the musical.ly days, and lemme say it’s changed. when the app was first bought and renamed TikTok, the app was just like it used to be. But now, it’s full of sexual content, swearing, and viowlncw. I think teen 14+ should be okay this app. no one below that age. i wish they brought back musical.ly

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2019

Adult Content

inappropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written byabigail_hallmon July 4, 2019

Kids under 13 think they know what the sounds mean but they don’t.

Younger kids shouldn’t be on this app. It has sexual sounds and other sounds that 13 and under shouldn’t use. There’s kids on there that are 11 or 10 or whatever. And they cuss and saying things they shouldn’t be. But parents,watch out for your kids on this app. It’s a fun app but there’s sounds your kids shouldn’t use.

Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2019

Why is it even a thing

This app is no good to kids. If you use ipads, iPods or iPhones in your household use family sharing were their devices will ask you if they can get it

Teen, 15 years old Written bykira khan June 30, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written byIReallyLikeFood June 21, 2019

Screw this I just want the damn app

Like of course there’s swearing? But that’s completely normal? Like, if your kid isn’t homeschooled they probably can’t walk through the halls without hearing at least three different cuss words? Honestly, some parents are so overprotective. And sure, sexual stuff, yada yada, but once again, your 13 year old is probably used to at least HEARING, about it. If they’re a girl, she and her friends probably talk about it at lunch. Seeing suggestive positions won’t hurt her. But if they’re a boy, then screw you, I know nothing about them.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2019
TikTok is definitely an app where anything goes. I put my review as kids ages 13 and up because I think that kids already have heard most curse words and other inappropriate stuff at school or at other places. It really depends for each parent. If you don't want your child exposed to some of this stuff, than do NOT let them on the app. They will find it in every corner of the app. If you think your chld is mature enough, than they should be able to handle themselves on the app. Other things to note are

Tik Tok has an option called "restricted Mode" which is supposed to filter through innapropriate content for anyone under the age of 13. This does absolutely nothing. My friend has it on her phone, and we saw all sorts of bad and sexual content.

TikTok was recently fined 6 million dollars for illegally collecting childrens' data. Be mindful when using the app. Hope this review helped.

Teen, 14 years old Written byteatreeoil7 June 16, 2019

really fun

im a teenager, and i love tiktok. its a fun app to express yourself, make funny videos, and much more. but, the app has a few downsides. there's violence and other stuff like that. the app is for 13+, but i think it should be 10+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPkndecidedchoice June 9, 2019

Inappropriate

It’s really disappointing as a kid to write this!But Tik tock is not a place for kids. And Tik tock moderators are trash! They say it’s a safe place. No! They also have report button but it doesn’t stop it. I think this app is disgusting. It’s only for grown ups!