Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLizzie's Llamas October 15, 2016

Just some background....

Basically, as with any social media app, this app was meant to be good, and some people made it not great. Many kids are 9, 10, 11 using this app, but it physically says ages 13 and up! Just beware that it is meant to be used by teens. There is also some ...interesting.... content the app tries to hide this stuff pretty successfully, but some popular songs do swear. That's pretty much it though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAjmazed October 13, 2016

Addictive, sometimes you need to watch out.

It's a very addictive app, it's fun and similar to Dubsmash
Some adults mistake it and label it "18+ not for kids"
Although musically is made for tweens and teens to enjoy.
It has some explicit songs but nothing major.
I barley hear extreme cursing on it..
But you might find someone being rude to you sometimes,
Also they have a "best fan forever" to make users
And it allows them to do a musically with them and
One time someone did this to me and my face was
On their account.. also there is live.ly where you can
FaceTime, livestream, and chat with your fans..
It's also a cool idea but sometimes you can have your
Face shown in front of 10'000 people. Yes.. it needs
Monitoring but can be monitored.

Teen, 15 years old Written byheybruh October 8, 2016

Bad

I am sorry. Musically is horrible! I can't comment or like any musicals!! It always deleted my comments once I comment! When I like the musical, I go see someone else's then I go back to that one, it shows that I did not like. Seriously.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFruitLoop October 3, 2016

Just Watch Your Kids! That's all!

I love it soo much!! Just watch your kids when they are doing it. And also, make your account private. It's better. You won't get haters that way.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDog Lover September 25, 2016

Fun, if used appropriately

This is a very fun app to use. It can have some swear words, but only in the music that you do musicals to.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKendallC25 September 19, 2016

Not really that bad

I've had musical.ly for the longest time and barley ever come across inapropriate videos. You can put your account to private.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe vamps September 15, 2016
This is a very good site.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLive_lala September 14, 2016

Teen, 13 years old Written bytswiftmusic08 September 7, 2016

love it!!

musical.ly is the only "social media" I'm allowed to have! There are some sounds that include swear words and inappropriate "hand motions" (people use hand motions for the songs they do on musical.ly) so there for I would say this app is best for ages 13 and up! It's required for you to be 13 and up to use musical.ly by the way. It is a little confusing at first to use, but if you spend a little more time with it....it gets easier! (I'm not encouraging kids to spend ALL your time on social media!!) Some hand motions and songs in these videos can send the wrong message to people and I encourage kids NOT to use inappropriate songs/hand motions! I also encourage parents to have your child show you the videos they made...or make an account so you can see them! I hope this review helped you make your decision! :)

Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2016

Must be aware of the dangerous possibilities

Musical.ly is a very creative app which to some kids, can unleash their inner "talents".

However, there are always the possibilities that they will abuse this opportunity and actually go and check out inappropriate stuff like the #adult.

Parents are encouraged to supervise their child by downloading the app and checking what their child is doing daily!

Children, try to not get addicted as studies are also important. What about your true talents? It won't come to light if all you just do it lip sync.

HIGHLY ADVISE everyone to not lip sync to music/songs with inappropriate lyrics unless parent approved. This means that parents must also be responsible in what their child does.

I am 11 alright, I've downloaded this app with much pursuation from friends and I did with hesitation! So far I have not seen anything inappropriate but again, it is based on how mature you can be.

Honestly, I sometimes enjoy it, sometimes I would rather give advice, reviews like this one, and blog!(Of course, with the exception of personal info)

Maybe playing an instrument will do your child good.

Sorry for the long "rant" coming from an 11- year old kid, but I feel that parents can also be responsible with rheir child's well being.

As for me, I only use this app half of the time and find it difficult to post often xD

Teen, 14 years old Written bySaydeh September 5, 2016
I'm a teenager and I've posted on musically and I regret it I think I looked stupid doing them and I at least wasn't one of the kids showing too much or doing inappropriate things just my plain videos disgust me I don't think any child should be using this app with out adult supervision because you don't know what kids are capable of doing now in days.

Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2016

awesome

It glitches a lot but other then that it is the best everyone should download it as soon as possible.

Teen, 16 years old Written byizz55 August 31, 2016

Music.ly Problems

Why don't we start with the fact that you have to wait 30 days to change your username! That's just pathetic, will someone please tell me why that rule was established? Also I was joking around with my friend and changed my name but right when I went to change it back, it wouldn't let me! I had to wait 30 days because my name was very embarrassing and I didn't want people finding out. I post music.lys a lot and I had to wait all that time! Another thing is that now, why should all your privates be deleted when you delete the app and get it again because music.ly is being glitchy and refreshing the app ain't working? I had so many privates with so many good music.lys on them and now they are all gone because my app was being glitchy. And to top this all off I'm trying to post something that took a little while to do and now I can't because all it says is failed to save. I can't even save it private! They don't give you an explanation why it is saying that or give you a way to fix it. They just say failed to save. I'm very furious with music.ly. I have had so many problems with and I have only had it for about only 6 months. Here are a few more problems with it.

Doesn't let you see who liked your video or someone else's.
Could have more songs on the music library
Doesn't let you edit a video you posted
Could have more songs in the music library
You should be able to pick any part of a song you want do to a music.ly to and now just one part that is available on the app
Music.ly is a fun app to use but has a lot of things to fix and I have had it with them
I personally thin it should be for kids over 12 because at least at that age they will have to patience do deal with the bugs.
Teen, 17 years old Written byraelove August 28, 2016

it is the best

I love you
Teen, 13 years old Written byHerefortoday August 13, 2016

New

I love musical.ly but ever since their update today I can't use it anymore. Something happend to my phone I can't get it back and I don't want to do The other thing so I can't use musical.ly any more it sucks
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrummer 547 August 13, 2016

Locked out

I am a musically user but with the new update I am unable to either access MY account nor view others all there is is just something saying that I have to enter my phone number a Twitter will verify it but I don't have Twitter nor a phone I use my iPod.

Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2016
Musical.ly is a great way to dance and just express your emotion on songs. It does have some songs, which 7 year olds shouldn't be lip syncing, but it is just fine to use. You can also follow crowned musers, who are kids, or teens that are famous. Musical.ly, in my opinion, does advertise a lot, on other products. You can also get featured, which means everyone can see your musical. You can also put your account on private or public, for everyone to see, and you can also BFF people to make a duet with them. Chatting is also another feature of Musical.ly. Overall, Musical.ly is a great way to express yourself, and just fine to use, except some of the songs

Teen, 17 years old Written bycasualmom August 10, 2016

MUSICAL.ly won't let me see who liked my post

ANGER ANGER FRUSTRATE MADNESS

Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2016

Awesome app

Where do I even begin with this wonderful app,its amazing.I would recommend it for 8 and up because it is really addicting and a lot of my friends have it. so do I.You can become an internet sensation on musical.ly like,Jacob sartourius,lorenbeech,theylovearii,also babyariel.I have musical.ly and I love it. So parents should let their kids try it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJeremiah Mendieta July 30, 2016

A good app

I think that you have to be responsible and mature to have this app