Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2017

Watch out for inappropriate things!!

This app is ok and pretty average I just think it's a bit too open so I would recommend having a private account. You can run into some inappropriate language in songs so you have to be careful about it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHunter44 November 27, 2017
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2017

Eh. Boring and super cringe sometimes.

I used to make Musical.lys, that is, until I smacked some sense into myself. It’s so stupid, and the only reason that I still have the app is to like my friends Musical.lys. Skip this one.

Kid, 10 years old October 23, 2017

Age 10: Let Me Tell You The Pros and Cons

As a ten yr. old, Many kids in my school have this app called Musical.ly. Musical.ly is an online social networking app where you can lip sync to songs. PRIVACY CONCERNS: Yes privacy may be a concern, Personally I just let me friends watch my musical.ly's. If you are age 13 or below, Stick to keeping your account Private (Set in Settings), If 14 or above, I guess if you are responsible enough it would be fine, Keep in mind that if your account is not private anyone in the world can see it OPINIONS: Musical.ly is basically like youtube or any other social networking but a little less revealing with info. It really just depends if you are responsible using it! May be a bit laggy but that's not the biggest issue. If you are less than 13, I reccomend not to be "too" revealing with info. ADULT STUFF?: By so far everything i've seen is fine except for clothing (Revealing clothes, Crop tops and ect.) Hope This Helped!

Teen, 13 years old Written byspicyramennoodles October 19, 2017
All kids 12 and younger should not be able to follow or look at the musicallys of anyone they don’t know. They also need to put their account on private settings.

Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2017

Well... bad and good.

Musical.ly is a good app, where your child can make music videos. However, there is some inappropriate content, including sexual stuff, swearing, and privacy issues. You can just get your kid a private account, which, by the way, I don't think helps.

Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2017

Very Good

I think that musical.ly is really fun and creative, because you get to meet new friends and show your talents, but you should also be careful for the sex and swearing in videos. Other than that, I think it is awesome, and I never had any problems so far.

Kid, 11 years old October 3, 2017

A good app, if your child is responsible.

This app is fun, but it isn't for young children. It has some sexual content, though this isn't really too bad, I think the worst concern is children sharing personal information. There is, however, a setting that allows you to have a private account, which will make it so that only people you approve can see your videos. This app also contains profanity, so it isn't appropriate for young kids. However, this can be a good app for teens, and some 12 year olds if they are responsible and know what content to avoid. However, this is not a good app for any age younger than that. Also, this app can be addicting.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBrianna B. September 29, 2017

PRIVACY ISSUES

Ok, parents, listen up. This app has serious issues. While in privacy settings, it's fine, but without those settings, THIS APP SUCKS,(excuse my language). My best friend got this app and we were messing around with it, but she keeps it in private settings. DO NOT GET THIS APP.

Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2017

Use caution

so basically its a fine app, but you have to make sure that as a kid that you are only making lip syncs to lyrics you understand, are not inappropriate, and that your parent(s) would approve of. have fun!

Kid, 11 years old September 17, 2017

Review Of Musical.ly

I downloaded this app when I was 10 and it's totally safe for kids 10+. You should have a private account and don't lip sync to inappropriate songs. Don't do any songs that like have super bad words in it. Note to parents: this app is pretty addicting. But if you follow the steps that I mentioned, your child will be safe.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLeen M. September 17, 2017

It's fine

Of course there are songs that are inappropriate (depending on your child's age) but if you trust your kid, you should have no problem with this app. Your kid should know what audios not to use and what people not to follow. If you are worried about predators, make your child's account private. Only allowing friends to be able to see their musical.lys. People think everything is childproof. For ffs, they've probably heard worse curse words at school. Stop overreacting and being overprotective. I would be bored to death if I had parents like some of the people in these reviews.

Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2017

Pointless, stupid, useless

It's stupid. All you do is lip-synch. It requires no musical talent. So sick of watching my friends wave their phone around like idiot while mouthing along to something. They even edit. Don't let your child near this thing. Seems to be addicting. What's it gonna look like on their future job applications? Resumé: Musical.ly-er? (muser. Some people actually do this full-time...)

Teen, 17 years old Written byMhsrhvid September 4, 2017

Amazing

It perfectly fine no sex the language is not the best but what do you expect!

Teen, 13 years old Written byToaster45 August 22, 2017

Skip this app

This app is a disgrace to humanity. Musical.ly should not be used by anyone. Aside from the fact that this app is completely pointless and will make you cringe very hard, I actually found 8-10 year olds doing Musical.lys on things they really shouldn't know about like Brandon Rogers (look him up at your own risk if you're under 13). Overall, stay away from Musical.ly at all costs. Also, you can't delete your account unless you ask musical.ly itself.
Kid, 9 years old July 29, 2017

Just watch your kids.

This is a great social app for older kids. I have my own account. Just watch out for the bad 0.1% of users.

Teen, 13 years old Written byacupoftea July 21, 2017

There are better, safer, more enjoyable apps.

I'm going to be completely honest here, so bear with me... Musical.ly encourages kids to seek attention and promotes popularity desire. Uses of words like "S***, hell, f***, "netflix and chill," and other inappropriate references. Personally I think the app is a waste of time and--if you're a parent--let your kid stick to something safer and actually enjoyable. If you're a kid/teen-- this app will probably hit the list of regrets for you. Personally it's none of my business what apps you/your kids decide to download but I'd cross this one out as a no-no. Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your day :)

Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2017
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2017

Too Inappropriate!

This app has videos that have bad words and adult actions or moves.

Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2017

Love It

I am 11 and I love Musical.ly. I think that the required age to use the app varies depending on what you browse and how you use it. There are some songs with inappropriate language. However, if your parents say not to listen to those songs, it's very easy to handle. My 8 year old sister uses it and I haven't heard one song with a bad word from her account. Anyway, it's really easy and fun once you get the hang of it. You can follow your friends, make short videos to a huge variety of songs, and watch other "musers" videos. : )