Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2019

yuck

This app reduces brain cells. Don't use. This app is not good. Do not let your kids use it. The people are extremely cringy. Just like your kid is if they want to use it. And, don't.

Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2019
Although Tik Tok is limited to ages 13+, if you have a mature 10 year old or older it should be alright for them. It is good to monitor your kids activity on it, but this is hard to do this in that you cannot see their history. All you can see is who they are following and what videos they have liked. You can't search any bad hashtags because Tik Tok filters them. There are occasionally a few questionable videos, but as long as it is reported, Tik Tok is usually good at taking them down and terminating their account. There is however quite a bit of swearing, something you will want to watch out for. As long as you set rules and your under-13 child is mature, I think it should be fine

Teen, 13 years old Written byjidlemanpopp291 January 21, 2019

tiktok

so good

Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2019

PEDO HOTSPOT

Ok, so i (as a kid) have seen lots of my friends have old people comment on their videos so i dont think this app is safe

Teen, 17 years old Written bymusically010308 January 8, 2019

THE BEST APP EVER!

it is the best app i love to sing and dance so i love the app
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2019

Fun, but not for kids

Sexual themes, language, and privacy concerns. Fun, but this app ain’t for youngins’

Teen, 14 years old Written byTherealdirtydan December 27, 2018

Simply disgusting

Cringey and sad. Probably will be the end of humanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCloudtail December 20, 2018

Use discretion

This is a good app for people who are at least 13. There is an age recommendation for the app for a reason. Beware, there is swearing. Use discretion with what you do on this app and you will be fine.

Kid, 8 years old December 15, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written byhohni December 11, 2018

Less mature then YouTube

If you let your kids watch YouTube at all, this app is fine for them
Teen, 13 years old Written byRealUprisingYT December 10, 2018

Haven't tried yet, but does have memes with swearing

Does have lots of videos with swear words but is basically recommended for age 13+ because it says it in the T&C's and Privacy Policy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMage_Rage December 4, 2018
It's Greattttttttt!!!

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2018
The Tik Tok app is truly a stigma magnet, its like if stigma put on clothes and started walking. I looked it up, they had a "stripping" challenge and i don't feel like this is for kids. Also, the Tik Tok app is just a ball of stigma that keeps growing!

Teen, 17 years old Written bySophia5666 November 19, 2018

Lily pie

I think it is not safe but i want to check it out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittenPupper November 17, 2018

This is mainly for parents..

TikTok was originally musical.ly. Lately, there hasn’t been nearly as much bad content as parents are saying. Yes, there is swearing. And yes, if you look hard enough, you can find inappropriate content. But you really have to look. As long as you have a responsible kid who won’t keep looking into that stuff it’s fine. I don’t even have a private account and I’ve never had a single person message me about anything.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybob234 November 17, 2018

12 up

Teen, 13 years old Written byIceWallowCome69 November 15, 2018

If you want to get TikTok, read this!

Alright, so you want TikTok, right? Well, Just so you know, IM ALREADY TRACER!

Teen, 14 years old Written byGgeea17 November 15, 2018

furries

furries r on this app so it suck

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2018

PARENTS MUST READ THIS!

I got musical.ly or tik tok a little while back. I was so excited to follow my friends, and make videos of my own. After a couple of days, I had 20 follow requests from complete strangers. Being only 10 years old, I freaked out and denied the requests. The next day, the same accounts had requested to follow me again! One day after school, I was at a friends house and she told me that her account was on public mode, and she had SO MANY followers, a total of 130. She was only 9 at the time. I asked if her parents knew and she said no, they didn't even know she had the app. After only 4 days of owning this app, I decided to disable my account. I googled how to, and apparently, YOU CAN'T! I deleted the app, but my account will always be up, and just because you're on private, doesn't mean you safe. Also, my friend told me that she deleted the app too, because her followers started messaging her late at night, and it scared her. Please don't let this happen to your kids. This is a messed up app and no kid deserves to be put out in a world of creeps. I got this app because all my friends had it, but none of us knew that our privacy was at stake. Don't risk your kid's privacy. Please don't.

Teen, 13 years old Written byciaranicoleriley November 7, 2018

this is the best thing that I ever had

I think it so fun and amazing