Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywizardortitan June 3, 2016

Fun app, but it's easy to get caught up in negative/explicit behavior.

A risk with every social media app is narcissism, and something I've noticed in my own sister is an obsession with fans/likes, which is no good. Use in those under 13 should definitely be regularly monitored; some songs offer clean versions to lipsync to, others do not.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFruitella May 31, 2016

Great if your responsible

People keep saying that there are bad songs that you can lip sync to which you can, I am not disagreeing but you can have easier access of those songs on somewhere like YouTube which is supposedly harmless according to most parents. I think that this app is harmless if your a child above 12 years old or your are mature because if you are responsible you know what songs to lip sync and what not- if you don't know what a word means, don't use the song and there are millions of clean versions of songs to use, so no need to worry. If your child isn't responsible you can always you safety controls and check what your child is looking at before they do it.

Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2016

Use Responsibly

At the age 11 I got this app. I have used it responsibly and just used nice or funny music.lys, Tips to keep safe and be responsible; Account on private (only friends can see videos) Only accept follow requests from people you have met Don't do music.lys with swear words in until you're old enough to say them aloud. Don't post a video you would be embarrassed to show your mum/nan/auntie.

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2016

Depends

Just know that you or your child should beware to NEVER put any personal stuff on this app. And for younger kids or tweens, you should make it a personal or private account. But it is very fun! I love it, and found a few of my favorite songs from this app!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytrmanning02 April 19, 2016

Musical.ly

I got this app at 12 and think that is totally fine for anybody that age. The only thing to watch out for is really the language and messages in songs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDancer4evr April 16, 2016

Musical.ly

Its an innocent app that lets you lip-sync to different audios from comedy to dance. You can also record your own voice as well. Some videos from others are somewhat inappropriate. There is a "private" setting and I would recommend turning it on to prevent random people seeing you online. Some pre-recorded audios do have foul language or inappropriate topics but other than that it is fine.

Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2016

Musically is awesome

This app lets kids express themselves in their own way and this app is also great for kids who are bullied it helps raise their self esteem

Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2016

Very Safe and Fun App!

Musical.ly is a fun and ( In my eyes ) a very safe app! Basically you just lip sync to songs and you can add really cool effects and stuff. There are some songs with bad language in them, but if you let your child get this app you can make sure that they avoid that! Musical.ly is probably not the best app for younger children but children at least 9 could use this app with no problems!

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemoviesandtv March 17, 2016

Fun, entertaining, but watch out for sexual content!

The app musical.ly is really fun for teens, but the "musers" lip-synch to some pretty risqué songs. Be careful if your kid wants to be a muser, because they might not know what they are saying!

Kid, 12 years old February 29, 2016

You Have To Be 13+

On Musical.ly, the whole idea is to lip-sync but it's about being careful what you are lip-syncing to. Some of the reviews mentioned that all the songs on musical.ly are sexually oriented but, it's not. They give you a choice of which song to sing. So that's why I say 13 because your child should and will know what songs to lip-sync to and what not to lip sync to.