Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2016

its really fun, but can be addicting

I LOVE this app, i'm constantly on it, their is some songs that have bad language and inappropriate meanings, but in all its about what your kids listen to, they are only going to do songs that the know. My mom saw the app on my i-pad and asked what it was, I told her that is was an app for lip-syncing. She right away downloaded the app and checked it out, she agreed that it was ok for me to have. I think parents should also have the app to see what their kids are doing, I wasn't expecting my mom to let me continue using the app, but she did, and my parents can be really over protective!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLexi Reed April 10, 2016

BRINGS JOY TO YOUR LIFE

It has content that is not good for young viewers but parents can choose what songs to allow their to lip sing at. My parents only allowed me to do Kidz Bop songs. When I got musically I even found some of my old BFFs on there. Also lip singing or singing for real makes me feel good about myself and also it helps me not being bored at all. Overall Musical.ly brings a lot of happiness in our life.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLOL.itsliv April 10, 2016

Musical.ly

Personally myself I have loads of fun on musical.ly. Lip syncing, dancing, and all that. But it really depends on the kid and parents to decide if they are ready for musical.ly. First off, there is some foul language and innaproppiate songs on musical.ly. Some songs talk about sex, drugs, and alcohol. But it is a option if you want to use these songs or hear them so if you trust your child to know what's right and wrong, that's fine. Second, it is social. You can view other videos and create your own. Sometimes I see sexual images but not much. Again, it depends on how well your child knows wrong from right. If you are worried about strangers seeing your child's account, you can always make it a private account. I think personally this app is for 12+.

Kid, 9 years old March 25, 2016

Musical.ly is fun

You can do musicals which is so fun.

Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2016

Awesome app just be careful

So I have a musical.ly and I LOVE it but you need to be careful because some of the songs on there is not for kids. You can follow me but the only way you can talk to them is if they talk on the comment box. So thats pretty much it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBethan painter July 19, 2019

Anger teen

This app is extremely annoying I cried to create an account and I use all the ages and every time it said I am On eligible for the app thanks anyway Now o have deleted this app and I hope that however made it feel bad
Teen, 15 years old Written byFlamingAvocado July 17, 2019

Like any other social media

I feel like a lot of these reviews are really overreacting, and many are outdated to when the app used to be called 'music.ly' and was different. TikTok is a social media app, where you can record video with a music/other audio backtrack and post it online for others to see. As any other social media (Instagram, Twitter, etc.), any person can post just about whatever they want, as long as it's within the app's guidelines, for other people to see. Many TikTok videos can be fun and innocent while others, as expected, are more profane or sexual (like I said before, similarly to any other form of social media). Most teenagers should be just fine navigating the app appropriately, especially if they can be trusted with other social media platforms.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygracylowe July 16, 2019

Depends on the kid

I just turned 13 but i’ve Had the app since the app was musical.ly and the app does have lots of videos with cuss words but most likely if your child goes to public so or probably even private or when they walk out of the door of your house to go to a friends house they are most likely going to hear way worse things and if you don’t believe that kids should act like that or do then as long as you trust your child let them have the app but you can download on your own phone and logging to there own account anytime as long as you know the password by logging into your child’s account you can see previous messages your child has received or sent you can see the videos they have been liking, there followers and the videos your kids are following and the videos they’ve been posting i recommend setting up the account to your phone number so you can change the password anytime you please and don’t have to worry about your child changing it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylizzie.k July 12, 2019

Not like Musical.ly at all

i’ve had this app since the musical.ly days, and lemme say it’s changed. when the app was first bought and renamed TikTok, the app was just like it used to be. But now, it’s full of sexual content, swearing, and viowlncw. I think teen 14+ should be okay this app. no one below that age. i wish they brought back musical.ly

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2019

Adult Content

inappropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written byMgpj July 8, 2019

Not as bad as it seems

Though the app has a reputation for being highly inappropriate but I found it’s not nearly as inappropriate as it has been made to be. It’s a fun app and you can keep the videos make private and only for your friends to view and you can restrict what type of content comes up. Depending on who you follow and what type of content you look at. So if you do find inappropriate content on your child’s phone you should look at who they follow because that is the reason.

Teen, 13 years old Written byabigail_hallmon July 4, 2019

Kids under 13 think they know what the sounds mean but they don’t.

Younger kids shouldn’t be on this app. It has sexual sounds and other sounds that 13 and under shouldn’t use. There’s kids on there that are 11 or 10 or whatever. And they cuss and saying things they shouldn’t be. But parents,watch out for your kids on this app. It’s a fun app but there’s sounds your kids shouldn’t use.

Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2019

Why is it even a thing

This app is no good to kids. If you use ipads, iPods or iPhones in your household use family sharing were their devices will ask you if they can get it

Teen, 15 years old Written bykira khan June 30, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written byIReallyLikeFood June 21, 2019

Screw this I just want the damn app

Like of course there’s swearing? But that’s completely normal? Like, if your kid isn’t homeschooled they probably can’t walk through the halls without hearing at least three different cuss words? Honestly, some parents are so overprotective. And sure, sexual stuff, yada yada, but once again, your 13 year old is probably used to at least HEARING, about it. If they’re a girl, she and her friends probably talk about it at lunch. Seeing suggestive positions won’t hurt her. But if they’re a boy, then screw you, I know nothing about them.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2019
TikTok is definitely an app where anything goes. I put my review as kids ages 13 and up because I think that kids already have heard most curse words and other inappropriate stuff at school or at other places. It really depends for each parent. If you don't want your child exposed to some of this stuff, than do NOT let them on the app. They will find it in every corner of the app. If you think your chld is mature enough, than they should be able to handle themselves on the app. Other things to note are Tik Tok has an option called "restricted Mode" which is supposed to filter through innapropriate content for anyone under the age of 13. This does absolutely nothing. My friend has it on her phone, and we saw all sorts of bad and sexual content. TikTok was recently fined 6 million dollars for illegally collecting childrens' data. Be mindful when using the app. Hope this review helped.

Teen, 14 years old Written byteatreeoil7 June 16, 2019

really fun

im a teenager, and i love tiktok. its a fun app to express yourself, make funny videos, and much more. but, the app has a few downsides. there's violence and other stuff like that. the app is for 13+, but i think it should be 10+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPkndecidedchoice June 9, 2019

Inappropriate

It’s really disappointing as a kid to write this!But Tik tock is not a place for kids. And Tik tock moderators are trash! They say it’s a safe place. No! They also have report button but it doesn’t stop it. I think this app is disgusting. It’s only for grown ups!

Teen, 16 years old Written byI.like.muffins June 8, 2019

Teen, 16 years old Written byLyndenJep May 27, 2019

Can be inappropriate

It's a fun app to be on but I have encountered extremely in appropriate adults on it