Kid reviews for TikTok - Real Short Videos

Sing, lip-synch, and share videos; watch for iffy content.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDrummer 547 August 13, 2016

Locked out

I am a musically user but with the new update I am unable to either access MY account nor view others all there is is just something saying that I have to enter my phone number a Twitter will verify it but I don't have Twitter nor a phone I use my iPod.

Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2016
Musical.ly is a great way to dance and just express your emotion on songs. It does have some songs, which 7 year olds shouldn't be lip syncing, but it is just fine to use. You can also follow crowned musers, who are kids, or teens that are famous. Musical.ly, in my opinion, does advertise a lot, on other products. You can also get featured, which means everyone can see your musical. You can also put your account on private or public, for everyone to see, and you can also BFF people to make a duet with them. Chatting is also another feature of Musical.ly. Overall, Musical.ly is a great way to express yourself, and just fine to use, except some of the songs

Teen, 17 years old Written bycasualmom August 10, 2016

MUSICAL.ly won't let me see who liked my post

ANGER ANGER FRUSTRATE MADNESS

Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2016

Awesome app

Where do I even begin with this wonderful app,its amazing.I would recommend it for 8 and up because it is really addicting and a lot of my friends have it. so do I.You can become an internet sensation on musical.ly like,Jacob sartourius,lorenbeech,theylovearii,also babyariel.I have musical.ly and I love it. So parents should let their kids try it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTeengirlreviews03 July 11, 2016

Fun but Explicit

Musical.ly is a great idea for people to express themselves-with almost no filter. I had it for about two months until my parents and I decided to delete it. You have access to hundreds of sexual and inappropriate songs. Kids from 5th grade to high school sing and dance to these songs (often not knowing what they mean). It rarely is used by internet stalkers fortunately. The main purpose is to share the videos to your friends, family, and the world. You can make your account private, but you can still see other's videos. The best app to compare it to is Instagram- except with videos and way more iffy content.

Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2016

So Fun!!!

This is a very fun and easy app. You can have a private account so that only people you know will be able to see your posts. If you are young I would recommend a private account. I hope you like Musical.ly!

Teen, 15 years old Written byApap123 July 5, 2016

Teen, 14 years old Written bywizardortitan June 3, 2016

Fun app, but it's easy to get caught up in negative/explicit behavior.

A risk with every social media app is narcissism, and something I've noticed in my own sister is an obsession with fans/likes, which is no good. Use in those under 13 should definitely be regularly monitored; some songs offer clean versions to lipsync to, others do not.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTherealdirtydan December 27, 2018

Simply disgusting

Cringey and sad. Probably will be the end of humanity.

Kid, 8 years old December 15, 2018
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2018
The Tik Tok app is truly a stigma magnet, its like if stigma put on clothes and started walking. I looked it up, they had a "stripping" challenge and i don't feel like this is for kids. Also, the Tik Tok app is just a ball of stigma that keeps growing!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKittenPupper November 17, 2018

This is mainly for parents..

TikTok was originally musical.ly. Lately, there hasn’t been nearly as much bad content as parents are saying. Yes, there is swearing. And yes, if you look hard enough, you can find inappropriate content. But you really have to look. As long as you have a responsible kid who won’t keep looking into that stuff it’s fine. I don’t even have a private account and I’ve never had a single person message me about anything.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGgeea17 November 15, 2018

furries

furries r on this app so it suck

Teen, 14 years old Written bydomination420 November 8, 2018

This is a rip off and is a waste of time.

This is so [email protected]!$&*g stupid and the ads always has a girl waving her a*@ in my face. Most of the content on there is stolen from other creators who don't recieve any profit and has loads of pedophiles.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoLord424 October 22, 2018

It's Tik Tok, what did you expect

Tik Tok is a piece of trash app where people think that they're really cool for lip syncing dumb videos but they're just so dumb. Don't bother with this app, you really look stupid by doing this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFrancoisCarpentier October 11, 2018

MOST DISGUSTING, CORRUPT APP I'VE EVER COME ACROSS.

The company that owns this censored a youtuber who made only a slightly critical video about this app. Looking through comment sections on videos about this app, you will find the most disturbing confessions from users about the things they find on this app. This is owned by a corrupt company in China, where challenges to the powerful have resulted in such things such as the massacre in Tainamen Square. Should you use this app if you're a kid, you will certainly be contacted by a pedophile. So many of them on this site! That should not be surprising as the most popular girls on this app are underage and wear skimpy clothing (sometimes NO clothing I've heard) and so much makeup. They lip sync to sexual songs. Some also practice self harm on this app... Letting your kids use this app would be the same as letting your kids spend time at the devil's house. So many pedos on this app doing very disgusting things. The "privacy" settings on this app are a joke, too. My generation is screwed

Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2018
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2018

from a kid's view

At the moment, I am 12. I have had musically since I was 9. At first, I only followed friends, and now I follow anyone I like. The songs, you can pick songs you like, you can avoid ones with swearing. There are people that act inappropriate, but you can block/report them and move on. I absolutely love musically, because I have made some amazing friends who love and support me, and musically has made me realize some things about myself that I never knew before. I highly recommend it if your kid is responsible and knows what to avoid.

Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2018

Kinda Iffy

There is alot of bad stuff, but i would say if your kids are mature, and if you trust them, go ahead.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMaddie8038 May 27, 2018

Horrifying disturbing

I had gotten this app because I had heard a few good things a while back. However I was looking around the app and I found some horrific content which included comments on self hate... terrifying witch craft... people lip syncing to violent songs with fake blood on them and much more disturbing content this app is not for young children .