Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for ooVoo Video Call, Text and Voice

Powerhouse app with group video, text, calls; watch privacy.

Adult Written byBethanyNicolee April 7, 2015

awful!

if I could give it 0 stars I would, "you can oovoo upto 12 people at one time" with my experiences this, 12 people would not be possible as calling 2 people doesn't work, I tried using this on both my ipod 5 and my laptop and didn't work on either of them. Oovoo isn't worth using as it does not work... furthermore, I have been using Skype to video call people and that works much better. I do not recommend this at all.
Adult Written bygollyg July 1, 2016
Parent of a 9 year old Written byamz14 July 17, 2017

New interface is terrible

I downloaded and had been using ovoo since 2015 specifically to communicate with my daughter (9) through her ipad if she she need to contact me for any reason. During this time, the app was great, she could send text messages call me etc and it was easy and fun to use. We hadn't been on in a few months and the interface had apparently changed. After having an extremely hard time logging in and needing to change my pw several times before being able to log in, i realized it no longer shows a text history, date and time stamp. When I send a message it just disappears instead of showing up as a thread. I then had a notification which said i had a missed call from my daughter but didn't show a time stamp for that either, just gave an option to call back. For something that was easy to use, its now incredibly confusing. I'm so irritated and disappointed that I have to deal with this at a time that was supposed to be a quick way for my daughter to contact me while I was away. I will be deleting this and researching a new app to download.
Adult Written byJulian W. February 17, 2018