Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Pandora - Free Music & Radio

Popular Internet radio app great for discovering new music.

Adult Written byhellopamela July 1, 2012

Pandora Radio

we especially like the children's indie radio. i think it is good for 7 and up with parental supervision, and only choice selections. we listen to it as bedtime music together. (i would not let my child have access to Pandora totally unsupervised, and agree that some selections and advertisements are not appropriate.)

Adult Written byJennifer A. April 23, 2018

Parental Controls don't work

I've been extremely disappointed that even with the "No explicit content" control selected, my son was able to search for explicit songs and listen to them as well as read the lyrics. Deleting the app.

Parent Written byTony_Mammone June 12, 2015

Pandora Radio Channels Rock

I have been using Pandora for about 6 months, I use it as part of my Sonos music system. I find it easy to use and by this I mean navigate and create personlised radio channel. However, above all else, Pandora's ability to select similar songs to what you have originally selected is second to none, this is why I choose to use Pandora.

Adult Written bytorttay22 June 4, 2015

ehhh

Used to really like it..then i downloaded iheart radio!! Which is totally awesome
Adult Written byJoy S. December 5, 2016
Adult Written byTitusaki February 19, 2013

It could be better. But its not.

I don't care for Pandora Radio anymore. There is way to many ads and the stations play the same songs over and over. It gets quite boring. There are good songs or bad songs depending what station you find and create. I would recommend some other music station before Pandora. I said that Pandora is not for kids because, lets say a kid makes a pandora account, then puts in an artist that sings about violence and drugs, then similar artists after that will pop up. Its not good at all for kids to hear that.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byKerryB 2 February 1, 2018

Poor programming

Their software designers decided to pick the worst algorithm to compare music you like. If you only select songs you like, it will often give you songs you don't like, as if it's an abstract offset of what you like, but is actually, the complete opposite of what you have liked. You're better off making your own playlists. Contribute money to artist, instead of this fake service.

Adult Written byIris P. April 12, 2017

Love it...

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byJulie J. November 20, 2016

I used to love Pandora

I have recently been very disappointed by Pandora. I get 2-3 songs and the radio cuts off or goes directly to advertising. I can't listen abroad and now I have to pay for what was once free and without problems?! Why would I want to keep my subscription? I have no answer for that.
Adult Written byMonte1 September 1, 2018