Popular Internet radio app great for discovering new music.

Kid, 7 years old July 1, 2012

Pandora Radio

great,but try to avoid some inappropriate stations and mostly for 10 + like today's hits but, also listen to stations before kids do
Parent Written byhellopamela July 1, 2012

Pandora Radio

we especially like the children's indie radio. i think it is good for 7 and up with parental supervision, and only choice selections. we listen to it as bedtime music together. (i would not let my child have access to Pandora totally unsupervised, and agree that some selections and advertisements are not appropriate.)
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 May 30, 2012

Ok app (3.5/4 stars); some iffy songs

This is a nice app version of the website. I like how it picks songs for you based on your genre interest, but (like the radio) I don't like how you can't skip some songs (sometimes you can, but you can only skip songs a certain number of times). Depending on what song you're listening to, it could be appropriate/innapropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLady Ligeia March 20, 2014

Best Radio App I've Used

Out of every radio app I've used, Pandora is by far the best. Nothing on here is any more inappropriate than it would be on a normal radio station. If you create a station for an artist that sings about explicit topics, you'll hear explicit songs. There is a potential for someone to access explicit songs, but you have a high level of control over what you hear.
Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2013

LOVE

LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! Some songs are cussy or "dirty". You know ads can be scary. And yes it repeats and u can tell it when your tired w a song. LOVE
Kid, 10 years old July 30, 2013

Great app,

Great app, but be mature about which stations you or your kids listen to. Pandora allows explicit music so, as I said, be careful. Anyway, this is one of my favorite apps but requires mature kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2013

Explicit songs can come up, when I listen I sometimes hear words by accident.

I think this is a great app to listen to music. It works over WiFi connections. Sometimes explicit songs come up, but I always skip those. Radios like Katy Perry and Rihanna are probably more explicit because Katy Perry and Rihanna are sometimes explicit artists. You should chose stations that ARE okay for kids. Artists that aren't usually explicit. I like how you can skip a song, but you can only do that a limited amount of times. So when your child listens to this you should probably monitor them. Hope this helps!
Adult Written byTitusaki February 19, 2013

It could be better. But its not.

I don't care for Pandora Radio anymore. There is way to many ads and the stations play the same songs over and over. It gets quite boring. There are good songs or bad songs depending what station you find and create. I would recommend some other music station before Pandora. I said that Pandora is not for kids because, lets say a kid makes a pandora account, then puts in an artist that sings about violence and drugs, then similar artists after that will pop up. Its not good at all for kids to hear that.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCloudIsC00L723 September 24, 2012

Great app, but watch your phone bill and song lyrics.

I love this app because I can listen to new and old popular songs without paying $1 per song. However I NEED to point out that while the app is free, the streaming of all these songs through 3G coverage is not. To buy these songs on iTunes, the files would be about 5 megabytes or more per song. If you are not a subscriber to Pandora (like I am) and are running through your 3G coverage, I think the songs come out at 3 megabytes or so. It's annoying because I skip a lot of songs sometimes due to either iffy lyrics or the fact that I don't really care for the song. It has to stream about half of the megabytes to start the song and continues as you're listening and skipping songs frequently can get you close the limit of your 3G data coverage if you're not careful. Also, I haven't found a setting that skips all "Explicit" marked songs. I don't find language a huge problem due to the fact that I hear f-words frequently at high school, but for younger teens, I'd be careful about what artists or songs you base your stations on. Luckily, the song's album title will include "(Explicit)" if the album the song is in has explicit lyrics. I hope this review was helpful and happy listening!
Adult Written byJulie J. November 20, 2016

I used to love Pandora

I have recently been very disappointed by Pandora. I get 2-3 songs and the radio cuts off or goes directly to advertising. I can't listen abroad and now I have to pay for what was once free and without problems?! Why would I want to keep my subscription? I have no answer for that.
Parent Written byTony_Mammone June 12, 2015

Pandora Radio Channels Rock

I have been using Pandora for about 6 months, I use it as part of my Sonos music system. I find it easy to use and by this I mean navigate and create personlised radio channel. However, above all else, Pandora's ability to select similar songs to what you have originally selected is second to none, this is why I choose to use Pandora.
Adult Written bytorttay22 June 4, 2015

ehhh

Used to really like it..then i downloaded iheart radio!! Which is totally awesome