Parent reviews for Peacock TV

Peacock TV Poster Image

Awful advertisements

I got Peacock Premium to watch the World Cup, the price is great however I am really disappointed with the ads for scary movies and violence. It is not appropriate for kids and you have no option to change these, These types of commercials should not be allowed during the day and even less when you have three young kids. The content and price of Peacock is the only thing that redeems my review from 0 stars to 2. Really dissapointed and would not recommend if you have kids.

Ads are inappropriate

The ads are terrible. Watching tv for kids and the ads were so inappropriate. Sexual content that was shocking. There is no way to fix ads and since they were ads for their programming I’m unsure if even upgrading would remove these particular ads. Adult supervision for sure.

Violent horror movie commercials

Even with parental controls on, watching MLB game, horror movie commercials come on! Very disturbing for children just trying to watch a baseball game on a Sunday! We watch games on MLB tv but the Sunday games are on peacock even with that subscription.

Bee movie

Can’t control what kids see

Even when we are watching a PG show as a family, an ad will come on for a horror movie that I don’t even want to see, so graphic and creepy. Obviously if I spent more money to be ad free it would handle this, but seriously. I can’t tell it I don’t like that ad either. Just have to cover the kids eyes and mute it quickly.

You need to monitor your children constantly!

There are many sections to this application, and it is too easy for children to navigate without parental consent. There are no parental controls, and most of the time I've experienced that the app has a mind of it's own switching to the "live channel" option. Kids programs aren't very relevant, mainly they have outdated shows which my kids weren't very interested in. Although, if you have older kids, this app is acceptable. I would say most of the popular tv shows and movies are for older teens and adults. Wouldn't really recommend unless you're going to be watching your child at all times. Also lots of ads, which could be suggestive or inappropriate for children.