All member reviews for Plague Inc.

Slow & steady kills the (human) race in disease-design app.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byDrayoc June 15, 2012

LEARNING

Not for little kids, but a great strategy game!

It is a odd, and unsettling feeling watching the human race fall slowly into extinction. But, Plauge inc. is an amazingly well done strategy game, based off the well known game, pandemic. The purpose of the game is to wipe human's off the face of the earth with one of seven disease types. You design the plague, and then send it out into the people. They don't just give up there though. If they notice the disease, and find it to be dangerous, they will start to work on a cure. They can also slow down transmission by shutting down airports, exterminating all birds, and closing boarders around there country. It's harder then it may seem. But it's also extremely fun, and has decent amount learning potential. I can't stress enough that this game is not for kids younger then twelve at the very least, but I would only recommend it to thirteen and above.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjmtlala July 21, 2012

My Idea

This app to me is actually fine for kids 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2012

LEARNING

Global domination by disease? Fun!

Awesome game, but has a little of violence issues. Good game for 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 16, 2013

My favorite app, but some might find it disturbing!

Plague Inc is one of the most unique and interesting apps I have seen. Your main goal is to make a Plague that will kill off the entire world. It is a grim concept when you think about, and it also has news headlines appear, and they might seem disturbing as well, it usually says stuff like " Martial Law has been declared in China", or " Russia's Government has fallen apart and became total chaos." You also will collect DNA points in which with these points you add, what it does, how it is transmitted, how easy it is transmitted, and making it stronger so that they can't find a cure. The game contains no violence shown, and little kids won't even really understand the whole concept of the game, so I think it could be for 8 and up. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG-13: Disturbing Content.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

Maybe

Plague Inc. is kinda odd because of the human race going extinct theme. It is kind of fun but I deleted it because I got bored. Not good for little kids but maybe 11+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaidisnice November 12, 2013

I Um........ (I Have No Idea What To Call This)

It's Ok...... The Reason I'm Making This Is Because All Your Child Is Doing Is Creating A Virus That Is Killing Hundreds Of Humens witch what I'm saying is not ok BUT,It's Ok Because There's no Blood Nor Gore And You Can Play This Because Its Not Bad For Young Kids So If Your A Parent And Your Reading My Revive You Can Thank Me For My Choice Of Game. (Your Wellcome)
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

"Shut down everything!"

No wonder Vsauce3 put this as the app of the week in one of their App All Knight videos, this game is a great strategy game with a unique premise; infect humanity! Muhahahahaha! You do so with a variety of different traits you can add you your virus which fall into three categories; transmission, symptoms and abilities. Transmission helps you spread your disease, symptoms can help you both kill your victims and spread your disease and abilities help you defend against humanity and what they throw at you in attempts to stop you. In total there are 7 plague types (Bacteria, Virus, Fungus, Parasite, Prion, Nano-virus, Bio-weapon) and also 2 special plague types (Neurax worm and Necroa Virus with more on the way), all with their different quirks to help or penalize you so go ahead! Buy this game, unlock all of the plagues (and even buy some special ones) and I trust you, you won't be dissapointed.
Parent Written byisaacb April 22, 2015

great game

for 10 up good for learning a bit viloent
Adult Written byMChoosathit27 October 25, 2014

Written byAnonymous August 23, 2014

LEARNING

Stellar medium for grabbing kids' attention.

Plague Inc. is a gripping game with a unique twist: instead of trying to eradicate a disease, the player is trying to infect the entire world, with the goal of killing every human. The player must also strive to prevent a cure being developed. Now, while I wouldn't put this in an 8-year-old's hands, any well adjusted kid over 12 can totally handle this game for what it is: a fictional challenge. The player must learn the differences between bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, prions, nano-viruses, and bio-weapons. They must strike a balance with infectivity and lethality as they try not to kill the hosts before infecting the entire population. Fun parts for me include the special abilities. Viruses can be made more volatile, and more likely to mutate, while fungi can be made to send out spores, infecting the population in it's unique method. Added to that is the functionality of 25 modifiable genes, which allow the player to start with different abilities. This allows players to make a disease more infectious, more tolerant of different climes, etc. With humorous quips in the news, such as "Gangnam Style to be remade as a musical" and "Recycled tires key ingredient in childrens' sweets.", the game entertains while the player strives to find the delicate balance between infection, lethality, and cure prevention. The best part of this game? The fact that EVERY major form of transition, and EVERY major symptom are covered. Birds, Cattle, Pests, Blood transfer, Airborne and Waterborne traits, each with multiple levels of severity make up the transmission abilities. The symptoms include Insomnia, Rash, Cough, Coma, Edema, Fibrosis, Insanity, and many others. The worst part of this game? Feeling a teensy bit guilty when you get mad at Greenland for bombing its infected population. Not because of the inhumane measures they will take to protect themselves. Rather, you are ticked that they eradicated the illness in their part of the world, with little hope that you will re-infect it before all the other hosts are dead. Only real concern with consumerism is the in-game purchases, but you can unlock most things by winning. For the record, if the "ultimate pandemic" ever comes, I'm moving to Greenland, with the Falkland Islands as a close runner-up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImperium May 14, 2014

LEARNING

Great game! But not so friendly!

It's a really great game, great gameplay, really addicting, and strategic. It also has a bit of stuff you could learn from. The problem is that some people might have fear of one of the symptoms in this game or fear of something else.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKingturnip26 April 17, 2014

What a game!

Great game! There may be killing with disease, but nothing bad! It teaches kids about biology and disease. Overall, great app, no need to rate it 13+
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2014

Well the topic and objective of it was strange but the game was fun interesting and had some educational value
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2013

awesome

Amazing ios game brings ios gaming to a whole diferent leval. Beware of islnds (:. However the game can be quite creepy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOverLordGoldDragon March 26, 2013

Genius

If you think this is violence, check Black Ops.