All member reviews for Plants vs. Zombies

Great strategy game with comic but slightly scary violence.

Learning

Parent Written byallamoo July 30, 2010

Nice, safe zombie play

The beauty of PVZ is that the gore is non-existent and the strategy for winning levels revolves around how well you plant your garden.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2011

Just a little violent, but not much.

Basic. You plant plants. And some plants attack, some plants help you get sunlight (you use it to buy plants) and while others, just help you in a different way. It's a thinking game. You got to be careful of where you plant, which plant to pick, and how much. It's very fun, I enjoyed it my self. Though, if you lose a battle..I think this thing comes up. It says ''THE ZOMBIES ATE YOUR BRAINS!'' and blood is gushing down the screen. They have many zombies. But overall, I give it a buy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCosmo4ever July 25, 2010

You don't have it?

This game is amazing, and so easy to learn! It is a little violent, but it isn't a big deal. Anyone can learn, maybe even 2 year olds. It's addictive though, so manage your time. If you don't have it, get it!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byDele October 21, 2011

terrific Plants vs Zombies review! hahahaha.

I say this game is good for 5 year olds, but that is MY 5 year old, as well as our neighbor kids, all of whom picked up on this game around the same time. My boy was raised on Nightmare Before Christmas and the like, so naturally he knew the fun side of scary previous to his exposure to PvZ. My son and I have been playing this game for a few years now and we both still find it to be fun, challenging silliness. Educational component: you earn coins throughout the game and can buy other plants with the money in your bank. This has been an awesome tool to teach my son about money, saving money, and the importance of not buying useless little things if you're trying to save up for something better. Also, it's been fun talking to him about zombies, since he knows they're make-believe, and his "what if a zombie were to..." scenarios are hilarious and imaginitive. It's taught him a surprising amount about plants and we now have a garden (in real life) that he tends to daily. We've taken the things from this video game (and trust me, we aren't video game-types--- this is the only video game I have on my computer) but we've taken this silly sweet game and really taken the ball and run with it. His 6th bday party was a PvZ theme, and onee game we played was a fun obstacle course for the kids that we made up, using concepts from the game. Ride a trike, jump on a pogo stick, throw bean bags at a zombie, collect suns, etc. So yeah, we're fans, and I don't see any end in sight. :)
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2011

fun

This is my favorite game. im so addicted!
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

Plants VS Zombies ROCKS!

Includes a touch of blood, but shouldn't be too bad. Use the plants to battle off zombies by collecting sun! I love this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKirbyWarrior12 February 28, 2016

Plants vs. Zombies review

This game was released at the perfect time to be a huge part of my childhood. It teaches strategy and planning, has great humour and simplistic yet good graphics and sound design.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2015
LEARNING

alright game, but appropriate for all ages

not the most fun game in the world, but nothing inappropriate for anyone over 5 the end quote "the zombies ate your brains" has screaming so be aware of that. it's extremely easy to play and does kinda show names of plants (most are fictional)
Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2013

A little scary and violent but very fun!

You plant, plants and the plants attack the zombies. The aim is to try and stop the zombies from getting in the house. By planting plants like Peashooters (Shoot Peas). It can be a little scary as the zombies moan "Brainzzzzz" most of the time and "I'm coming". There are some scary scenes, when you kill the zombies, their head falls off (Usually) or they stumble and then fall (Sometimes). It is very addictive and very fun! It's also not very hard, though it does get hard near the end.
Kid, 8 years old April 30, 2013

Good for any age

Nuff said
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2012

Addictive and Fun

PvZ is fun strategy-based game where the player has to plant plants to defend their house from zombies. This game very microscopic small violence which is how the zombie's heads come off, and how the plants "shoot" whatever their ability to shoot is. ex:peashooter shoots peas. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PLAY!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2012

Fun

Fun game, enjoyable for casual and hardcore gamers alike, all ages 7 and up. The cartoon violence isn't a problem at all, the aim of the game being to defend your lawn using all kinds of plants!
Kid, 8 years old April 7, 2012

Fun for kids; more funny than scary

This is a cute and entertaining game. The zombies are cartoon-like and not scary. Kids will be challenged by the need to place their plants strategically and to act quickly to defend against approaching "waves" of zombies. Although there is some cartoon violence (zombies' heads pop off and some of them get run over by lawnmowers), there is no blood. The background music is catchy, too. My elementary school-age kids loved this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAmericanIdiotX1 November 13, 2011

WARNING: extremely addictive!

While this game might not actually eat your brains, it will have your brain helplessly hooked on this fun, strategy game. Unlike other zombie games (such as the Call of Duty franchise) this game will not have you parents in turmoil over game your child is playing, with hardly ANY blood (small red smear on bucket zombie) and minimal, almost comical limb loss. The game also features humorous characters, and varying levels for game-play variety. The Only issue? It seems that turning it OFF and doing something productive becomes impossible after less than 2 minutes
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2011

GOOD GAME!

I THIS GAME ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF! But it has violent stuff like plants shooting, taking, exploding, drowning the zombies. A tad bit of blood well on the buckethead zombie he has a screech of blood on his bucket. And when the plants attack their body falls part don't worry no blood. Not scary just easy to draw cartoons not detial zombies to give you kid stinking nightmares. It's real easy to play. Get enough Sunlight (money in this game) and get a plant. Click and drag where ever the zombie is. But it gets harder near the end. I beat the game and trust me it took me a half of a year to beat it! Your child isn't going to finish the game in one day like other PC games. This game is also a mobie app of the ipods. So please give your kids the game, or the zombies will EAT YOUR BRAINS! (The whole game is about not having the zombies get in your house to eat them, don't worry when they get in it doesn't show then it just has a screen pop us the say the Zombies ate your brians then Game Over.)
Kid, 12 years old April 2, 2016

Violent and Fun!

Inappropriate for 5 and under and they shouldn't play! Not recommended for 6-7, but they can play. 8-9 need parental guidance. E10+
Adult Written bydarth_bunny May 28, 2015

Great Game...maybe

I think this totally depends on your kid. Example: If your kid is scared of zombies, doesn't know that cat tails are not actually cats, and/or has access to your apple wallet then this is not a good game for them. My only concerns are of it's slightly addictive nature and the money needed to pay for some things. Otherwise, it is great for decision making and money management.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bySWHighlander March 30, 2015

Best gaming app on the iPhone

I love this as an adult, my 8 year old loves it, and my 4 year old loves it. It's nice that it has a relatively brief pitch to battle that lasts about 5-10 minutes to win. Some games just go on and on, until you die and look at your score. The pace is mostly not frenetic. Not too violent or graphic for my 4 yo. who gets minimal screen time. No ads, and very few attempts to sell you additional options (unlike it's annoying sequel).
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 11, 2014
LEARNING

A violent but intellectual simulator.

I played this for weeks after getting it. With the silly humor and comical looking plants, this might seem a childish game, but I always enjoy waves of zombies running at you. And it's intelligent. Through half of the game you have access to sun, the in game currency, with which you can buy plants. But you can't just have fighting plants. Wall-nuts provide a barrier for your other plants to shoot, blow up or eat zombies, whilst sunflowers provide extra sun. USE THEM AT NIGHT TIME! With most of the zombie deaths being falling over or turning to ash, this is essentially a zombie apocalypse cartoon, and any child fine with watching Tom and Jerry or other slapstick cartoons should be fine playing this. Great, funny and educational. How could it get better?
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 5, 2012

plants vs zombies

whether you beat the zombies or lose your delicious brains.