All member reviews for Scrabble

Fantastic version of board classic with lots of tools.

Learning(i)

Parent of a 13 year old Written bychenziesmomma August 1, 2010

Great for older children and tweens!

I think that this is a great app, it gives children a chance to figure out how to spell without being told. I think that self-directed learning is a great thing!
Educator Written bydebora_reports July 12, 2010

Fun for younger kids with parent help

My daughter loves scrabble on the ipad. She is only 6, so I give her clues - put up the first two letters of a word and let her finish it. But it's fun, and a great way to keep kids entertained on a long roadtrip!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydr duck July 28, 2010

One of the few apps that shows what the iPhone is capable...

:D
Adult Written byAnakis16 May 20, 2015

LEARNING

Breeding illiteracy one user at a time

I realize that to post things online one doesn't need to be able to spell, conjugate or even have a vocabulary but I would have liked to think that the developers of a Scrabble App expected a bit more of their users. I have played strangers twice so far and twice, they placed words any which way on the board, forming weird non-words along the way, such as ET, DE, OE and more and when I called them on it and asked them what that was supposed to be, they said : "I dunno/ have no idea the program let me" to which I replied "okie dokie see ya later." My grand-mother would not have allowed me to post non-words any which place I desired when I played her at age 5 and 6 - why do APPS insist on breeding idiocy? You might want to fix your program to reflect the fact that it's a game of words, not, who can slide things by the incompetent code.
Parent Written byfiffysanjou April 15, 2015

Rating

Complete a game to the last word, random player forfiets and we get no rating, even though we may have won. What is this elo rating?
Kid, 10 years old October 23, 2012

LEARNING

Allows swearing

This over all is a good game but you can spell bad words like f#ck and more and it will allow it if you have this app look in the dictionary in the game it says it is a valid word
Kid, 9 years old September 12, 2010