All member reviews for SoundHound

ID tunes instantly -- with iffy lyrics.

Learning(i)

Kid, 8 years old March 10, 2011

BAD

Depends on the artist. They can connect to facebook and twitter. They will be most likely to listen to songs they're not allowed to listen to that they like.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMontysMom January 20, 2011

Perfect for olde kids because there is no way to control content!

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

for older kids who love music

very great and also useful app but one stupid thing is that you have to wait to to get more ids(points for the music you hear)
Parent Written byGeekMom4 November 1, 2011

unrestricted access to internet - great app but not safe for kids

This is a wonderful app but without proper safeguards its just not for children. It allows full access to an unfiltered internet browser through the lyric search. Regardless of whether or not you have turned off Safari or paid for a internet safety browser, this opens the door to an entirely different unrestricted browser. When I contacted the developer, their email stated the following: Thank you for being a part of the SoundHound community. We certainly respect that parents want to let their children use our app whilst simultaneously having control over the content. Though we do not currently have a way to alter these settings, I have forwarded your feature request to our team. Don't worry, your request will not be ignored. We take user feedback and suggestions very seriously and are always working hard to keep our application the best music discovery app on the market.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 July 21, 2012

Good, inexpensive app

This app is really good. It can find songs played on the radio, in a store, if you hum it, etc. It's free, but you can only find a few songs every month. But you can pay about $5 so you can find unlimitaed songs. Depending on the song you find, it could be violent/sexual/foul/drug-filled. But it varies.