All member reviews for Stack the States

Surprisingly fun geography education game.

Kid, 9 years old December 10, 2011

Stack the cities [IDEAS]

I think sense they made stack the states and stack the countries they should make stack the cities! DO YOU AGREE?
Parent Written byottosdad August 14, 2011

Fun way to learn

Great way for kids - even young readers - to learn basic facts about the 50 states. Just enough fun to make kids want to play, but still has great value. At the very least your kids will learn state capitals, shapes, and relative sizes of the states. The bonus games reinforce the information.
Kid, 6 years old October 20, 2011

Great game

It tells you facts about the 50 states. It is very educational and fun. It is a very good game. If you get it right you get to stack the state. They make weird faces when they fall.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byAimeeJ December 24, 2013

Geography fun for the whole family!

Our whole family enjoys this app. Even my 3- and 5-year olds started watching over our shoulder and learned how to play the games on their own. They cannot read yet but learned the shape and location of all states and are now onto learning the flags. The Map It bonus game is our favorite! The kids have really taken an interest in geography and feel very proud of themselves for having mastered their states.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 3, 2012

stack the states

will help rebuild and retain all of those childhood geography lessons.
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2015

Stack the States

I really like the game Stack the States because it is fun and you learn a lot from it. Once you play the game a few times you start to see more of the same questions you start to remember what the answer is.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurple430 November 21, 2013

Fun and Educational

This game helped me learn all the states and where they go on the map. It also taught me facts about the states and where landmarks are located. I play school with my cousins who are 6 and 8 and it helps them get ahead start on learning their states. It is a little tricky for them though
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2013

Stack the states is an awesome game! It's engaging, fun, and educational! It's a great way to introduce geography to kids ages 6-7, and a great way for kids ages 8+(or adults) to learn and memorize geography facts. There's nothing bad to say about this game. I actually know Dan Rusell-Pinson (the creator who came up with it and wrote all the media and stuff) pretty well. He's my friend's dad. Super fun and educational game!
Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2013

Go, Stack The States!

This game is awesome! The reason I say it's for 8 and up is because some of the questions are tricky. No inappropriate content. AT ALL. It's really fun and has great learning value. Really great game!
Parent of a 8, 10, and 12 year old Written by3girlsmom January 7, 2013

Great learning game

First, this is a multiple-choice game. A question is asked and there are 4 states to choose from as the answer. If they get it right, the state falls. Once they have stacked enough states to the line(which changes based on accuracy), they get a state to put in their map of the US. The music isn't annoying and is upbeat. You can have up to 6 players with each having separate records. Plus, there's a space for a guest, where it doesn't save your scores. My 3 children, ages 8-12 play it as one of their favorites. We got it when my youngest was 7, and she played it then. It's not intense on learning and has limited questions after a while, which they tend to memorize, but isn't that part of the point?..for them to remember the facts? I recommend it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bymom to 3 July 19, 2012

Best 99 cents you'll ever spend

Buy it! This is the most amazing game for kids (and adults!) to learn their states and capitals, as well as figuring out how they all fit together as a puzzle. I can't say enough good things about this app. My 6 yr old loves it - even chooses to play it instead of Angry Birds - has gone through twice and knows it all. Best 99 cents I've ever spent. If you like this app, move on to Aliens vs Presidents and your child (or you!) will learn the who's who of our Presidents.