All member reviews for The Sims 3

Riveting, complicated simulation game reflects life.

Learning

Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 April 14, 2011

Overreaction

IT'S THE SIMS Of course there's gonna be something like that but 15+!? Plus it's pretty hard to get married and stuff. You don't even see what's happening, it just presents a picture. Plus it doesn't show any link to babies like it does in tthe computer version. This game is also a complete disgrace the the sims. I love the games but this is very restricted, expensive and pointless. You can only control one sim and you can't even have kids!
Adult Written bygkdavis August 20, 2011

Sims for Ipod is a No

I'm a big Sims fan but on the ipod it's pretty lame and a total waste of money
Adult Written byACS11 January 6, 2014

I think its okay for kids

I started playing the original Sims when I was about seven years old. I thought the game was very fun and stayed with the series as it grew into Sims three. My sister a teen at the time used to play and I always bugged her about playing until my parents bought me a copy. I know the rating said I needed to be older but to me it was a safe way to interact with something and still have fun. You can control the lives of your Sims by getting Jobs, choosing how your family lives and having your children and teens go to school. To me the only naughty things are making babies, but even then you can't see anything other than your Sims going under the sheets and the sheets moving. So to me if I had kids, it would be okay to me. And you can get into fights in the game, some parents are not okay with their kids seeing any type of violence, and that's okay. But I feel the need to add that all you can really see is a ball of smoke and various body parts poking out of the smoke until the fight ends and someone wins. The game will show you being able to do other actions though such as shove and other actions as well as a verity of insults I can't remember all of them since I rarely ever use mean interactions. In this game you can have friends, enemies, lovers and the best part of it to me is the family tree. I adore seeing how my family has grown and expanded through my time of playing. In my opinion I would let a child at least the age of ten play. I couldn't see my seven year old nephew play it and not just giggle at the baby making aspect. Some children take the reality of life more seriously than others so I guess it would very per child as well as what parents want their children to view and play. This is just my opinion. I do suggest doing some research on the game before buying it for kids, to see if you really think its okay for them. I know even as an adult I do the same for games I buy my nieces and nephews, just to make sure it really is what I think is age appropriate.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byTheReviewMom April 18, 2012

Older Tweens

My 10 year old wanted this for her ipod touch. So first, (without telling her) I bought for my iPhone. After 15 minutes I said no. Why? This game is that game that your play for a hour and then delete it. Plus, it had sex.
Teen, 16 years old Written byguardyoursaftey123 October 2, 2012

I AM YOUR GUARD!

This is a fun way to view different ways of life. There is just a few things I would consider: Sex, Drinking, and Drugs! These things aren't bad if your child knows about it and all! I started playing Sims years ago, and to me there is really nothing to worry about as long as you are open to different questions about the content in the game that may be a little complex and confusing to your child. Hope this helps!
Teen, 13 years old Written byharry_potter_rocks May 28, 2012

Sims 3 is great

Very safe game. It teaches you how to make life decisions and what happens with each decision. Such as if you chose the job of a criminal you chose to have the outcome of going to jail. There is however the option of "woohoo" which is u know what but its not bad because you can just move your screen away. U can get into fights but its just dirt flying around and yelling u dont see anything. The role models r the people who r cops. Overall its a great game
Teen, 13 years old Written byBONES&BOOTH4EVER August 6, 2011

O.K.

Its very fun at first but gets boring and repetitive very quick. Computer version is much more enjoyable.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

great

you can choose to do bad stuff depends on the chilld
Teen, 13 years old Written byGGP3 August 22, 2015

Kid, 11 years old April 14, 2014

Yuck!

Okay, so there's sim sex, they pee there pants, and .......... they barf. If THIS is not inappropriate, don't tell me what is.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlexia Joi December 21, 2012

Get he Game!

I've been playing TheSims since I was 9. Starting with the The Sims Breaking out for XBOX. I know have TheSims3 with 4 expansion packs, you could say I have a bit of an obessesion. You can sex, it's refferd to as WooHoo for fun and Try For a Baby if you want your sims to have kids. You can gay relationships, adopt children, order pizza, get part time jobs as teenagers, become a huge range of professions. I remeber whenI was younger when my Sim died and the Grim Reaper came, I would piss my pants it scared me so bad! That part will probably be pretty scary for younger kids. Especially when your sim is dying and that music starts playing and you realize whats about to happen and theres no way to stop it. Ugh *Shudder*. ANyways not a good game for people who can't jump right into something. The PC version for sure. A great Chjristmas present (hint hint mommy!) Your Sims can be robbed and get in fights which are the only forms of violence. Nothing is ever shown, Woohooing (or sex) takes place completley under the covers, a big dust cloud appears oiver fighters. GREAT GAME!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiwuvu1219 April 27, 2012

GREAT GAME

i love the sims i have been playing a alot im 12 but i think it is fine but it may be inappropriate with the "bad stuff"
Teen, 15 years old Written bysweetheart27 February 13, 2012

For those trustworthy

I believe that the game is okay as long as your child is trustworthy. The reason being is that the game itself is not violent or wrong in any way. It is the way you play it that makes it that way.
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2012

Addicting

this was a fun game at first then it became hard to not go on it and now i have to go on it like after i get home from school. not good at all
Adult Written byHot Fuss December 16, 2011

OVER-RATED, CSM

Woo-Hoo isn't even audible. You can have sex in the street, doesn't haven't to be in a bed. 15+ is a big overreaction.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 15, 2011

NO KIDS?!?!?!?!?!!!?

The Sims 3 app is fun.... but not nearly as good as the actual Sims. You can't even have kids! :/
Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2011

Put Sims 3 in a pool, remove the ladder

The regular PC version of Sims 3 was an answer from heaven, no doubt about it. But its iPhone convertion was just a mess. The visuals were rotten, the depth of the game was barely enough to drown a Smurf, and its outcome, when you looked at it, was just a mess. This game is one of the worst apps I've read, and I'm glad that Sims 3 is doing good already, even during its quintuple dip.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybel8910 August 29, 2011

Not for Ipod

I love Sims 3, but not on Ipod. It's too hard to do anything and really boring. On, Ipod you can't have kids. My brother, who's ten, plays it but also finds it boring.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySchoolgirl14 July 4, 2011

Great facts of life, but can be too much

This game does reflect on life. You get to know the consequences of stuff, like you can loose a friend if your sim acts like a jerk, or you can get fired from your job if late. It also teaches the good stuff, like who to make friends with and who not to. The Who-Hoo wasn't as bad as I thought, but kids can understand what it means. I recomend it for mature teens