All member reviews for The Sims FreePlay

Freemium sim both enjoyable and playable without spending.

Learning(i)

Educator Written byPanzerMark January 25, 2012

Fine.

This is just fine for kids 10 and up. I mean, be realistic, they're going to eventually break if you can't let them have something as harmless like this.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byStacy Bredrick November 28, 2014

Fine For Ages 10+

This game is completely harmless. Yes, you can see them going to the bathroom and having sex, although it is referred to as Woo Hoo in the game, but it is blurred out. It is find for 10+ and gives kids a sense about what life is like.
Parent Written byMaria1212 February 23, 2012

It's fine

I think this is appropriate for kids 10 and up.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2012

LEARNING

Good but the Sex part is really bad.

Positive Message: Teaches kids how to raise a family. Violence: Some of the actions you can do include 'Be Rude' and 'Complain' yours sims can also start walking slowy if you don't feed them in time. They will also pee on the floor if you don't let them use the bathroom. Sex: Oh God, this is the worst part!! When you hit 'Be Romantic' your sims start hugging and kissing, when they take a shower you can watch them, although they still have underwear/underwear and bra on. Then you can 'Play in bed'after awhile. You can also 'WooHoo!' after you become partners, which is Sims version of Sex. Your sims jump in a circle, clothes are gone, but still have underwear/underwear and bra on, then they lean in and a small cloudy circle goes over them as their other clothes are now gone. It's just a circle, but if your kids haven't had sex Ed. Class this might be very awkward. Consumerism: Lots of in-app purchases can be made, and one option for clothes has Sims 3 written on it. Drinking, Drugs, and Smoking: When picking your sims DNA, you pick their personality, one is Socialette, where they drink some-thing like a martini, they then often apper in your city drinking one of those, also another Personailty is Tycoon which includes a cigar smoking rich! He will also be seen smoking. Privacy: You can put in your name as your sim, which if you use the Party Boat could lead to privacy issues.
Parent Written byWiltshire Brit June 5, 2012

Comment from Wiltshire Brit Mum

If your child finds out that you can buy extra money and "life points" online, this can be a problem as it's very time-consuming to "earn" enough to purchase rabbits, dogs and household luxuries. Otherwise, good fun and helps to teach some of the basic necessities of life (food, shelter, sleep, cleanliness, etc)
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2013

THE GROSSIEST GAME THERE IS FOR 10 -12 YEAR OLDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so inappropriate that me a girl that is almost 11 had to delete it because when your sims are engaged they can woohoo (sim sex) and the game is always tring to get you to buy things with real money and if the payment wont go through you will still be charged.
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2012

N/A

AAAAAWWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAngiePride!! April 19, 2012

Woohooing is a issue

well, theres sexual themes and any gender can 'woohoo' with another as in female to female, and male to male. but otherwise its cool, i love playing it since im a sims fan
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2013

Great game

This is a great game altogether. This game, like the other sim games, has the "WooHoo" button which is basically sims showing deep affection for each other (better word choice if younger kids were reading this). You can simply get children on here by simply buying a cradle for simoleons or LP. Children under 10 should be aware that there is mild violence When you reach the relationship status "Nemesis". You can slap the person that you are nemesises with and this is not blurred. There is sexual reference in this game on one of the goals. The goal says to shower and go and seduce a sim. Children should not play this because certain parts they may not understand. E-10+ for rating.
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2013

Teenagers Okay, Kiddies Not Okay

Good game but bad for children. The game is iffy for young gamers (2-12), but okay for mature gamers (13+). In the game, it teaches kids how to be an architect and a teacher. It also teaches kids to raise a family and jobs that kids can become. These are good compliments but there are violence, sex and drugs. There are some choices which include "Be Rude" and "Complain." This make Sims be rude to other Sims and they will like each other less. Also, you can go ghost-hunting in the game (only if you have the required furniture) which you can go look around the house and look for special ghosts. Violence is moderate in this game but sexiness is horrible. If you "Woo Hoo" or "Go To The Toilet" a little circle will appear (which appears to be their privates). Also, Sims can kiss and be romantic with other Sims. NOTE: If your Sim "Woo Hoo" they will wear an underwear or a bra. There is some drugs in the Sims Free Play. When you pick their DNA, one choice appears to make your Sim drink and the "Tycoon" choice makes your Sim smoke with a cigar. Overall a kid who is 13 and above can play the game. If you are 12 or under, be warned this game is for more mature people.
Teen, 15 years old Written byitsmee_niikki October 23, 2013

boring

I think its boring and it takes to long to do tasks
Teen, 13 years old Written byGeorgipeorgi February 20, 2013

Hm......

It's alright but the money is annoying cos it takes ages to even complete one level, and I'm trying to collect money but I can't even get 5 people in my town and the time it takes someone go to work,, it's like 7-8 hours and its ages! I think there should be an update where it changes the hours of the work and more reasonable pay and xp
Teen, 16 years old Written byguardyoursaftey123 October 2, 2012

I AM YOUR GUARD!

I think this is a wonderful game! :) It's a safe game for younger children (such as pre-teens.) Have consideration for some themes in this game. I hope this is helpful! Check out me other reviews on popular teen games!
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2014

What I think

I enjoy this game. There are some things that make me pause. I think the woohoo option is unnecessary. I also think we need easer ways to get simoliens, the money on the game. Please take these into consideration.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2013

Sims freeplay is awesome!!!!!!

This is like the best game in the history of the world! It's really addictive and super fun and its a lot like real life but your in control.
Kid, 9 years old February 13, 2013

Space-Eater

The Sims Freeplay has some sexy stuff in it because there is a button that says "Be Romantic". There is some language because the language is Sim Speak, so you don't know what the heck they're saying. There is violence because there is a "Be Rude" button. There is some smoking and drinking because you can pick your personality. There is a rich tycoon personality where your Sim is smoking a cigar. There is also a socialite personality where your Sim is drinking a martini or something. Also, there is some consumerism because you spend Simoleons, which you probably guessed because of my context clues, which is Sim money. This app is fair for learning because you learn can how to raise a family. This app is free. It takes a long time to download because the app takes up a lot of space. If 2 of your Sims are at the hatred level "Nemesis" those Sims are able to slap each other
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2012

Contains sexual scenes, some scenes of smoking and alcohol consumption
Adult Written byolivergamereviews December 14, 2014

The sims freeplay

This is a good game for 9 and up's, I do think this game is sort of kid friendly, This game could be better. I've only been playing this game for a day, And i LOVE it, The time to do things could be better. Overall, I enjoy this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVLex June 23, 2014

So far so good

I mean though the WooHoo (s*x) button caught me by surprised i believed it was handled the correct way for children by still keeping the reality of starting a family. I didn't appreciate it was mandatory so i skipped it and it was premarital which is against my personal beliefs.The graphics are amazing (though they take much space and time to load)and the arguing and little violence just demonstrates real encounters in the world. Its fun and reasonable without paying any real cash.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2013

LEARNING

Pretty good, maybe too much.

This is a nice game. You can obviously make Sims and start relationships. The thing that might take it a little too far is that two people can have a "woo hoo", which is sort of obvious. You see two sims strip into their underwear and then there is a blurred out scene. The outfits are somewhat tight and show you-know-what. It is good for kids who know about "it".