All member reviews for The Sims FreePlay

Freemium sim both enjoyable and playable without spending.

Educator Written byPanzerMark January 25, 2012

Fine.

This is just fine for kids 10 and up. I mean, be realistic, they're going to eventually break if you can't let them have something as harmless like this.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byStacy Bredrick November 28, 2014

Fine For Ages 10+

This game is completely harmless. Yes, you can see them going to the bathroom and having sex, although it is referred to as Woo Hoo in the game, but it is blurred out. It is find for 10+ and gives kids a sense about what life is like.
Parent Written byWiltshire Brit June 5, 2012

Comment from Wiltshire Brit Mum

If your child finds out that you can buy extra money and "life points" online, this can be a problem as it's very time-consuming to "earn" enough to purchase rabbits, dogs and household luxuries. Otherwise, good fun and helps to teach some of the basic necessities of life (food, shelter, sleep, cleanliness, etc)
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byAmandaW 1 October 20, 2014

Very Disappointed in the reveiws from CSM and the game developers

We don't have a problem with this game having sex or "woohoo" especially since the Sims can have babies! But why is it a REQUIREMENT to have "woohoo" before you can even get engaged??? The fact that it is REQUIRED is offensive! Why should our children have to think about that before marriage at this age?? The fact that you can light Sims on fire or have same sex marriage is options but not to get engaged without having "woohoo"!!
Parent Written byMaria1212 February 23, 2012

It's fine

I think this is appropriate for kids 10 and up.
Adult Written byRatingsforkidgames June 20, 2014
It is appropriate for kids 10+ My niece plays this game and my sister let her play it because she played it when she was younger. I honestly don't thing you should tell your child they can't play this game unless you actually know a lot more about it then looking in this website for 10 minutes. You should actually play the game then judge it yourself not with what others tell you. If you child has an older sibling that has or does play this you should check with them and see if they think it's appropriate
Adult Written byAllCanadianGirl December 29, 2014

It's all innocent

Good: It's a fun and simple game about taking care of other people. You choose everything. It's a very easy to play app, with plenty of features to keep you amused. Romance is mild here, and having sex is censored as is using a toilet. Bad: The sex mechanic. It is referred to as WooHoo.... Better word choice I guess
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2013

THE GROSSIEST GAME THERE IS FOR 10 -12 YEAR OLDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so inappropriate that me a girl that is almost 11 had to delete it because when your sims are engaged they can woohoo (sim sex) and the game is always tring to get you to buy things with real money and if the payment wont go through you will still be charged.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bykarolr October 21, 2015

I've got a problem on the new updates from The Sims Free Play! Mend !

Hello! I'm a problem in The Sims Free Play! Every time I go into the app to play appears the update , I hope a long time but it will not always to the 79 % or 99% will repair it right away , please , if not , I will be obliged to delete the app ! Thank you in advance!
Adult Written byolivergamereviews December 14, 2014

The sims freeplay

This is a good game for 9 and up's, I do think this game is sort of kid friendly, This game could be better. I've only been playing this game for a day, And i LOVE it, The time to do things could be better. Overall, I enjoy this game.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2012

Good but the Sex part is really bad.

Positive Message: Teaches kids how to raise a family. Violence: Some of the actions you can do include 'Be Rude' and 'Complain' yours sims can also start walking slowy if you don't feed them in time. They will also pee on the floor if you don't let them use the bathroom. Sex: Oh God, this is the worst part!! When you hit 'Be Romantic' your sims start hugging and kissing, when they take a shower you can watch them, although they still have underwear/underwear and bra on. Then you can 'Play in bed'after awhile. You can also 'WooHoo!' after you become partners, which is Sims version of Sex. Your sims jump in a circle, clothes are gone, but still have underwear/underwear and bra on, then they lean in and a small cloudy circle goes over them as their other clothes are now gone. It's just a circle, but if your kids haven't had sex Ed. Class this might be very awkward. Consumerism: Lots of in-app purchases can be made, and one option for clothes has Sims 3 written on it. Drinking, Drugs, and Smoking: When picking your sims DNA, you pick their personality, one is Socialette, where they drink some-thing like a martini, they then often apper in your city drinking one of those, also another Personailty is Tycoon which includes a cigar smoking rich! He will also be seen smoking. Privacy: You can put in your name as your sim, which if you use the Party Boat could lead to privacy issues.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2013

Sims freeplay is awesome!!!!!!

This is like the best game in the history of the world! It's really addictive and super fun and its a lot like real life but your in control.
Adult Written byshawnah1 December 26, 2015

Waste of time

I am a huge lover of Sims. This I downloaded onto my Kindle fire for some fun game play. Yet, this game makes you wait in real time for any progress to be made in game. The more you earn, the more progress you make in game the more expensive the objects you have to buy. (Start out with a bed that costs 600, then I hit level 7 and now its 1000 for a bed. Also, who pays 700 bucks for a toaster, really?)This game suggests you go to the store to pay for objects in game and basically makes you spend real money on fake things to make any real progress. That teaches nothing to children and frankly makes the game useless. Id rather pay money for the game and have more options.
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2012

N/A

AAAAAWWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAngiePride!! April 19, 2012

Woohooing is a issue

well, theres sexual themes and any gender can 'woohoo' with another as in female to female, and male to male. but otherwise its cool, i love playing it since im a sims fan
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2013

Great game

This is a great game altogether. This game, like the other sim games, has the "WooHoo" button which is basically sims showing deep affection for each other (better word choice if younger kids were reading this). You can simply get children on here by simply buying a cradle for simoleons or LP. Children under 10 should be aware that there is mild violence When you reach the relationship status "Nemesis". You can slap the person that you are nemesises with and this is not blurred. There is sexual reference in this game on one of the goals. The goal says to shower and go and seduce a sim. Children should not play this because certain parts they may not understand. E-10+ for rating.
Teen, 16 years old Written byguardyoursaftey123 October 2, 2012

I AM YOUR GUARD!

I think this is a wonderful game! :) It's a safe game for younger children (such as pre-teens.) Have consideration for some themes in this game. I hope this is helpful! Check out me other reviews on popular teen games!
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2013

Teenagers Okay, Kiddies Not Okay

Good game but bad for children. The game is iffy for young gamers (2-12), but okay for mature gamers (13+). In the game, it teaches kids how to be an architect and a teacher. It also teaches kids to raise a family and jobs that kids can become. These are good compliments but there are violence, sex and drugs. There are some choices which include "Be Rude" and "Complain." This make Sims be rude to other Sims and they will like each other less. Also, you can go ghost-hunting in the game (only if you have the required furniture) which you can go look around the house and look for special ghosts. Violence is moderate in this game but sexiness is horrible. If you "Woo Hoo" or "Go To The Toilet" a little circle will appear (which appears to be their privates). Also, Sims can kiss and be romantic with other Sims. NOTE: If your Sim "Woo Hoo" they will wear an underwear or a bra. There is some drugs in the Sims Free Play. When you pick their DNA, one choice appears to make your Sim drink and the "Tycoon" choice makes your Sim smoke with a cigar. Overall a kid who is 13 and above can play the game. If you are 12 or under, be warned this game is for more mature people.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2014

Recommended for kids 15 or older

I'm 11 and the first time I played sims was on my sisters computer. So I got an ipod when I was 7 and I saw Sims Freeplay on the App Store. So I bought it. It has education in it and some adult stuff. Violence: If a Sim is the nemesis of a Sim, they can slap them across the face. Also, if a Sim goes sledding at the Skate Park they can fall of the sled. Sex: Sims can kiss each other and woohoo (sex) Also, there is a kissing booth at a carnival you can build and Sims can kiss each other there. Swearing: It doesn't really have much swearing, but in one of the goals you can complete (Goals are tasks the game gives you) one of them has the word "Darn" in it. Consumerism: You can buy in-game stuff like clothing or if you completed a quest to get stuff but you didn't complete it in time so the stuff expired (they have a time limit on the limited edition stuff but not everything from a quest) you can buy the expired items in the online store. Used to the game didn't need internet to play, the online store just wouldn't be available if you weren't connected to the internet, but they got so cheap they wanted to make sure players could always have access to buying stuff like virtual money, limited edition items/expires items, and extras. Drinking/drugs/smoking: Used too there would be a personality type, "Tycoon", which made sims smoke a cigarette when happy. There used to be a personality type called "Party Animal" that would make the Sim given the personality drink a cocktail when happy. It's not there anymore, however, it comes back when your Sim could order them at various locations such as: the snow park and disco, or even their own home if you have a cocktail bar there. Safety: Players can name Sims real names, so if you are playing publicly via Facebook friends they can see your Sims name when they visit. This may also give people the urge to add strangers on Facebook for the sake of being popular on Sims Freeplay. Education: It gives players sexual education and how to raise a family and make money.
Kid, 9 years old February 13, 2013

Space-Eater

The Sims Freeplay has some sexy stuff in it because there is a button that says "Be Romantic". There is some language because the language is Sim Speak, so you don't know what the heck they're saying. There is violence because there is a "Be Rude" button. There is some smoking and drinking because you can pick your personality. There is a rich tycoon personality where your Sim is smoking a cigar. There is also a socialite personality where your Sim is drinking a martini or something. Also, there is some consumerism because you spend Simoleons, which you probably guessed because of my context clues, which is Sim money. This app is fair for learning because you learn can how to raise a family. This app is free. It takes a long time to download because the app takes up a lot of space. If 2 of your Sims are at the hatred level "Nemesis" those Sims are able to slap each other