Parent reviews for Toca Lab: Elements

Toca Lab: Elements Poster Image

Not what expected , disappointing

I was under impression Elements and plants are educational apps for 10 years old kids however it is game without any explanation and just wondering in the app for 6 years old and above. I am very disappointed

Young kids will find it fun but they will not learn very much

This is not an educational app. Superficially it appears to be an educational science game. In reality it is not really a game nor does it contain any science. Elements cannot be changed into each other (barring nuclear fission/fusion) You may think it is harmless but the kid may be internalising these misleading ideas at a young age that later on they will have to unlearn. Kids may find it fun pretending to be a "scientist" but I prefer not to expose my kids to the potential confusion dressed up as something educational.

Great for ages 4-6

We are a big fan of the "Toca" suite of apps. This one might be one of our favs. DD#1 enjoyed the game play, I enjoyed how open ended the game was - there are no real instructions -- it's explore and learn to play. Uncertain on accuracy of all the ways the elements are formed.