All member reviews for Toontastic

Create amazing multi-scene cartoons with musical scores.

Learning(i)

Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2013

Good how ever

I love this app it's soo fun you can controll the people however sum People on the toontube thing might say cuss words or do violent stuff overall it's a pretty good app
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2013

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, Very Educational Too :)

There is nothing bad about this app. It's fun for younger kids, they have a great time being creative and making stories with funny characters. NO possibility of bad language from the app itself, but kids add dialogue to their movie if they want. One unique aspect is that some characters are historic (like Susan B. Anthony). Kids can choose different backgrounds too, for example Outer Space, then drag the props around so in the end we watch them move on their own. I highly recommend "Toontastic" for youngsters 6 and up- 5 year olds may be confused by the multiple step process but it's very educational! Hope this helps!
Educator and Parent Written byaziza_malik February 17, 2014

Toontastic Review for Kindergartners

This is a review for Toontasic written by 4th graders. Toontasic is an app where you create a cartoon using the elements of a story. We tested this app out with our kindergarten book buddies. Three words to describe this app are confusing, complicated, and creative. We think this app is good for ages 9 and up. We gave this app 2 stars. We claim this app can be inappropriate depending on age group. This app is not good for younger ages because the steps are too hard. The kindergartners did not know enough about the elements of a story for it to make sense to them. Also, in the free version, there were not enough options – characters, setting. The kindergartners wanted all of the characters that were locked. It was hard for them to understand that it cost $19.99 to unlock them. Finally, there is an option to draw characters, but this freedom to draw anything was distracting. They ended up just wanting to draw instead of thinking about the story. One thing that is good about this app is for the right age group it could be fun. We tried it out in our classroom and had a good time with it, but for this age group it was too challenging. In conclusion, we believe this app is not good for use with kindergartners. Watch our review of Toontastic on Toontastic here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXddv4-Uk8
Teen, 16 years old Written byMisswebzTV March 23, 2015

LEARNING

Fun, Learning, and Movies!

Toontastic is a fun little program which puts education and fun into your child's hands. You can get little cartoon characters, called toys. You can design them. Or use the original. Make a movie. It's educational, every story has to have a beginning, middle, and end. After your child's finished with the first movie, he/she will probably love the app and make another. More plot learning! But there is one thing I have to say, some toys can be scary to a child. Props such as fire, lightning, tornadoes, and there's monsters and witches you can put in your movie. Probably isn't a good idea to put that in there. It can be scary, but if you don't want to use it you don't have to. Also there's ToonTube. Not avalible on the internet anymore, I'm not sure about the iPad. You can watch other kids movies, but you may or may not like the movie. Other than that Toontastic is Fantastic!
Parent Written bylaheye November 16, 2014

LEARNING

kids love it, but in app is downfall

I don't know how I missed the $15 or $20 requirement to actually play this. That is why it is getting knocked down so far. I never would have purchased it if I'd known it would get my kids hooked and then prompt them to pay so much to get features unlocked. They seem to really like it, but my 7 year old has difficulty and my 9 year old is totally into it. I tried it as well and just don't feel like you can really do $15 or $20 worth of fun with it.