Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Village Social

Social tool gives parents oversight and kids some privacy.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byGramps6565 January 12, 2020

Great app. “Did you get my Village?”

I love the new Village app- it is a robust, easy way for me to text and share pictures and thoughts with family and friends all over the world.

Most of all it is a very safe platform for my grand kids to allow them to experience the Internet without the predatory aspects. I love that the fact that i can upload pictures and rest assured that they will not persist or be shared elsewhere. When you upload a picture, you can set a time frame for when the picture will be available and then it is gone. The picture updates are one hour, one day one week or one month. It is an awesome app, very robust and fun to use. Now instead of saying "Did you read my text?" I say " Did you read my Village?".
Adult Written byGMACAA20 January 12, 2020

Village Social: the best app to keep in touch with your friends and family!

As a grandmother of six whose entire family uses the Village Social app, I take great comfort in the knowledge that the kids are safe from the adverse affects of traditional social media. It is very reassuring to know that Village does not have ads, vanity metrics or any adult content. We have so much fun sending gifs to each other and I appreciate that only kid-friendly gifs are available!

During the past few months, my extended family and friends from across the country have become Village fans. Our favorite way to share pictures is via the Social Post- where you can select the length of time for your post (e.g. 1 hour to 1 month) and where you use your contact list to select exactly who will see these pictures. The Social Post is so easy and convenient to use that my sisters in the Midwest now have more pictures than they ever wanted of "Grandma Day". I love that the pictures disappear after a predetermined amount of time, so I am not contributing to my grandchildren's digital footprint.

In my opinion, the best features of Village Social are: it can be used on multiple devices such as the family computer or a kindle, it's free, it's very easy to use and it provides a safe online environment for children.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byDanyelleR January 8, 2020

Great resource for Families

This is a great resource for parents to be able to monitor their children's screen time and interactions with others. I appreciate how easy it is to use and do so to send group messages and pictures.

Ease of Play