5 Conversations to Have with Your Kids After "Avengers: Infinity War"
Avengers: Infinity War is the most intense, complex, and stirring Marvel Cinematic Universe film yet, with consequences unlike any that have come before in this massive franchise. But it's also one of the funniest MCU movies to date, and it has strong themes of teamwork and courage -- not to mention a diverse cast with many strong female characters. All of this means there's plenty for families to talk about after watching this Common Sense Seal-honored film.
Try these discussion questions for kids:
- Talk about the violence in Avengers: Infinity War. How does it compare to that in the other Avengers movies? Is there a difference in the impact between hand-to-hand combat versus catastrophic, buildings-collapsing types of explosions? Was the movie scarier than previous MCU entries? If so, why?
- What are the movie's messages about teamwork and courage? What happened when characters didn't work together as planned? Why is teamwork an important character strength? Which teammates in Avengers: Infinity War were particularly effective? What strategies did they use to contribute to their team?
- How does the movie explore the idea/theme of sacrifice? Are there different kinds of sacrifice in the movie? What role does it play in the movie? What impact does it have on the characters?
- Why is it important for superheroes to be diverse? Do you think the Marvel Cinematic Universe offers strong examples of both racial and gender diversity? Has that changed over the films' history?
- Captain America: Civil War left the Avengers split into factions. What's changed since then, at the start of this movie, and what happens when a larger threat arises? What does that say about what's most important to the characters?
Related Advice & Top Picks
Get the latest in kids' media, tech, and news right to your inbox
- Most Discussed
- Most Shared