Get the latest in kids' media, tech, and news right to your inbox
- Most Discussed
- Most Shared
Search by Age and Topic
Follow Common Sense
5 Conversations to Have with Your Kids After Ice Age: Collision Course
Ice Age: Collision Course -- the fifth installment in the popular Ice Age franchise -- is full of great messages about friendship, courage, teamwork, and unconditional love. Which means that families will have lots to talk about as the prehistoric pals try to survive all sorts of natural catastrophes and lead their herd to safety. Try these topics/questions to get started:
- Talk about the movie's scary parts. Do you think they're OK for little kids? (Learn more about how much scary stuff kids can handle.)
- Does humor make violent movie scenes less scary? Why, or why not?
- How do the characters demonstrate teamwork and courage? Why are these important character strengths?
- How would you describe the central message of the Ice Age series? What defines a family? Who are the family members in this movie?
- Why do you think sequels are so popular? Does the Ice Age series feel complete now, or would you like to see another one? How does Collision Course compare to the four others? Which is your favorite?