Get the latest in kids' media, tech, and news right to your inbox
Search by Age and Topic
Follow Common Sense
5 Conversations to Have with Your Kids After "Storks"
Storks is a clever, action-packed adventure that offers a mix of laugh-out-loud jokes, moments of suspenseful peril, and positive messages about teamwork and more. Which means that this Common Sense Seal-honored animated comedy offers plenty for families to talk about. Try these topics/questions to get started:
- Which scenes in Storks did you find frightening? Why? How much scary stuff can young kids handle?
- Which is more upsetting to you: scenes with characters in danger or scenes in which they're in conflict with each other (acting angry, yelling, and so on)? Why do you think that is?
- How do Tulip and Junior demonstrate teamwork, perseverance, and compassion? Why are these important character strengths?
- What does it mean to be part of a family? Does your family have to be people you're related to? Whom do you consider part of your family?
- What do Nate's parents learn about their priorities in terms of work and family? What does Junior learn about what matters at work? How are those lessons related to each other?