5 Conversations to Have with Your Kids After "Trolls"
Trolls is a cute, colorful adventure with great music, a few scares/narrow escapes, strong themes of friendship and empathy, and lessons about inner happiness, never giving up, and being proud of who you are. Which means that this Common Sense Seal-honored animated comedy offers plenty for families to talk about. Try these topics/questions to get started:
- Do you agree with Poppy that everyone deserves to be happy? What do the Bergens learn about finding happiness? What makes you happy?
- Who does Poppy feel empathy for, and how can you tell? What does it mean to persevere? Why are empathy and perseverance important character strengths?
- What does Bridget's storyline tell us about self-image? Why didn't she think the prince would like her as Bridget? How did becoming Lady Glitter Sparkles ultimately give her the confidence to believe in herself?
- What do Branch and Poppy learn from each other? Why is it important to think about the consequences of your actions? Is that the only thing you should think about?
- How do the songs contribute to the movie? Which one was your favorite, and why? Would you have liked the movie as much without all the music?
Related Advice & Top Picks
- Most Discussed
- Most Shared