Stay Connected to Common Sense
What are the different ways that you access Common Sense Media ratings and information? (Check all that apply)
6 Everyday Apps for Busy Moms
This post was contributed by family tech writer Jeana Lee Tahnk as part of our Mother's Day series. We're celebrating awesome moms this week by highlighting the media and tech that helps them be the best parents they can be.
Between work, kids, managing the home, and everything that happens after school (oh, so many activities!), it takes military precision to keep everything organized. Given how hectic things are, I've really come to rely on technology in certain areas of my life to lend that extra digital hand and serve as a personal assistant of sorts. I have a wide swath of apps on my iPhone, but here are a few that get the most taps by me and my kids:
- Google Calendar: Google Calendar has become a savior for coordinating with my husband on school activities, business travel, social events, and having a centralized family calendar.
- Joya: This iOS app allows you to share videos of ANY length with friends and family via email and text. This is great for sending all those adorable kid moments to the grandparents.
- Artkive: Artkive lets me digitally preserve ALL my kids' art and also turn it into a keepsake book. I can also see my fridge again! (Also available for Android.)
- Toca Hair Salon 2: Any app from Toca Boca is always very well-received in my house, but Toca Hair Salon 2 is a top pick. Plus, there are no pop-up ads or in-app purchases, which makes it completely safe for little ones to use on their own.
- BrainPop: My son is a big fan of BrainPop for its interesting fun facts and "movie of the day" feature. I'm a big fan of BrainPop for the educational benefit it provides. With a variety of topics -- including social studies, art, science, and more -- kids can continue learning after school has ended.
- Pulse: Whether it's tech, business, or entertainment news, you can get a quick run-down of what's happening in the world. Perfect for busy parents who only wish they had time to sit down with the paper and a cup of coffee. (Also available for Android and Kindle.)
Anything that helps me be better organized, more efficient, and spend more quality time with my family is tech well used. Now if only they could come up with something that folds laundry. …