All member reviews for A Long Way from Chicago: a Novel in Stories

Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

i loved it...

such a charming story and a true original to-be classic! i loved it and its a book u can read more than once! i also recommend its sequel 'A Year Down Yonder.' its even better if u get it on tape/cd the reader is fantastic!
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2011

Last year, this book was taught in my class. (I was in fifth grade.) I read at an adult level, so therefore this was much too easy for me, but it was a fun book that I enjoyed reading. We read it during school, but it would make a great summer read for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanaya light March 24, 2013

good book

its a really good books for kids see im 12 and i loved it
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byjacknscottsmom January 18, 2010

Heartwarming, funny for kids 8 and up along with their parents

We LOVE this book and have read/listened to it more than 5 times. My mother even bought it and it's sequel to listen to in her car on long trips. It makes us laugh and think about life as it used to be and the value of family. We often quote the book and remember the delightful characters in this story.
Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2009

Its a fine book, but the beginning is pretty bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda June 26, 2009

i read this in second grade and it wqas good but by fifth grade it becomes boring
Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc March 5, 2009

well done

i don't particularly like this type of book (back-in-my-day-a-cheeseburger-was-a-nickel) but this book was really well done. well written, entertaining, and just plain funny. really goos.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda411 November 22, 2008

this book is so boring and i did not enjoy it but i was required to read it for school. SO DULL
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008