All teen and kid member reviews for A Wrinkle in Time

Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2010

Great for kids 8+

I LOVE IT! IT'S SO EXCITING! IT MADE ME WANT TO READ IT FOREVER! Unfortunatly, it ended.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2011

Very Good Book!

Love this book. We read it as a class novel and it was one of the best books I've ever read
Kid, 9 years old March 30, 2015

A Wrinkle in Time review

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle is a fantasy novel about three kids who go on an adventure and fight darkness. I liked this book because it always kept you reading. L’Engle made the story interesting so you always want to know what will happen next. For example, when the kids are about to leave of onto the adventure, you can’t wait until they leave so you can find out what is going to happen. The story line is very interesting. This story is interesting because it is a fiction story where anything can happen. The characters are good role models and the book has a good theme of be brave, be perseverant, and never give up. When Meg has to go save Charles Wallace she doesn't say no. Meg goes to fight the giant brain IT and get her brother back. I recommend this book for kids and adults that like action, fiction and a little mystery.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010

A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE!!!

"A Tessersct, the fifth diension of time travel". This book has always been my favorite. It takes you away from reality and makes you feel as though you are traveling to different dimensions right along with Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin in an adventure to understand the unknown and to find their father after his mysterious dissapearance on a secret mission
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 October 9, 2010

Freaky

OK, I read this book when I was 10-11, and it really scared me. The whole thing with the little boy being brainwashed and the people being controlled and everything was really scary. It's also REALLY weird. I have read it several times, and it's a good book, but I just don't like it.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2012

Terrible

I hated this book. It is wired, confusing, and boring. Especially confusing. Don't waste your time and money reading this book, there are too many other good books out there. Don't read this.
Kid, 9 years old February 2, 2010

Some concerns, but touching story.

THIS IS MAI FAVORITE BOOK EVA!! YAY!! But, They include language, Including the under world. And the one that is not always a bad word but is sometimes a bad word. They kiss mai friend, THEY KISSSSS! But its beautiful...... The characters are good role models, Meg is misunderstood, just like alot of kids. Charles is really sweet, and even though hes smarter than the rest, he dosnt show off about it. Calvin is the one that PUSHES HIMSELF. pfft. Show off. And he principal may make people think all principals are bad. But this story is so beautiful. It teaches you the important things in life. I cried once... Please read this book. DONT watch the movie. I MEAN, MEG DOSNT HAVE GLASSES OR BRACES. PFFFFFFT. Now please read the best book eva!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJha80000 January 29, 2010

Good....but not a content read

i like this book so far and it's really good so far! the characters have such clear personality's and are esay to love however it is a bit confusing and i'm not able to contently read it i have to take breaks. but still good
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2014

"classic" that my mom made me read

basically it's just about this black cloud thingy that's all scary, and there's this oversized brain that sits on a table that supposedly controls our universe. there's this thing called a tesseract that was REALLY hard to follow. confusing and boring.
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2011

Boring

This book can be very confusing so make sure your kids have good comprehension.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI love the book... April 1, 2011

A Science-Fiction book geared towards younger kids

This book contained lots of science and bonds in friendship. Also this book contained good role models telling us to never give up. Meg showed this by persisting in finding her father and protecting her brother.
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

It Was The Worst Thing Possible: Boring

I just couldn't get into it at all. I couldn't even get past the first few chapters. And I love to read, and I've read many classics that other people called boring and loved them, but this book just wasn't compelling for me. I don't know, maybe it's something that girls enjoy more than guys.

THIS BOOK STINKS!!!!!!

Don't listen to everyone else, this book is lame!! I was forced to read this for school and I almost fell asleep. Seriously, save your brain cells; don't read this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 June 9, 2012

A Classic- Nothing Inappropriate

This book is one of the best sci-fi books I have ever read. I really don't like sci-fi stuff, but this book goes so much deeper then what is appears to be on the surface. For those of you who haven't yet read A Wrinkle In Time, I hope you will take my advice and give it a try. This book is best read by those who are mature enough to understand all the that is really being said. Still, I wouldn't limit this book to kids of one particular age. Every time I read Madeline L'engles classic tale, I find things I didn't realize were there at first. This is a very rare experience. It also happens to be the mark of a truly brilliant storyteller.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynoni:) October 6, 2011

amazing:)

A wrinkle in time is an amazing book that gives chances to think and to let the imagination of everyone run wild!Even though you might not understand at first your still hooked by the main idea and is still amazing:)
Teen, 13 years old Written byitzthomaz April 9, 2008

I slept

it was BORING. no point. they rescue someone the end.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2013

An Exellent Book

If you like science fiction you'll like this book. It's pretty strange. There isn't much violence, but it's might be too scary for kids under 8. The main characters are very good role models, and it teaches good messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYee-Yee June 6, 2010

I had to read this book for a school assignment. And this Book is all over the place I did not understand at all I knew was they travel through space and tried to find their dad and they kill ET. It is so boring I did not even touch it. If I have to change something of this book it will actually be the whole book
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2014

Good for kids, boring for anyone older

Maybe I would've enjoyed this if I was 8, but books like Harry Potter and Hunger Games have changed my view, so when I read this, I go "Do people seriously like this?". While it may be okay for children, I found the plot way too simple, way too overused, and extremely childish. The ending was RIDICULOUSLY rushed. Read this to your kids, or if you're a kid. Otherwise, you'd only read it to get in to conversations, or if it's a school read.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2012

Good for children

This is a really good book for kids 8 and up. I read it when i was in 4th grade and it kept me turning each page. there are cool witches that are magical and take the kids to another place in space.